Strava 'Posts'

Comments

• cld531c
    cld531c Posts: 517
    Have they fixed a bug where you can load the same ride several times?

:lol:
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531

Too funny :D
  • Still raging at how long its taking for them to add pre planned sessions.

Even if it were only for premium it would be useful to plan and compare.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    joe2008 wrote:

Too funny :D

No, the 20,000 miles per annum guys pay a handsome bung to keep it in
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    The automatic algorithms have got messed up too. I passed one or two people and Strava thinks I was in a group with them ? Also some segs get randomly hidden for some people but not others ?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • milemuncher1
    milemuncher1 Posts: 1,472

The ‘bug’ that negates the ‘bugs’ that screw your routes up by cutting bits off all the time you mean? I’m glad they've kept that ‘bug’ in.
  • supermurph09
    supermurph09 Posts: 2,471
    It’s going down the ‘social media’ road. I’ll be looking for a suitable replacement, that has the functionality I need ( route mapping, from a recorded ride) and the like, but without the ‘socialmeejaisms’ that are creeping into Strava now.

Instead of having your feed showing "I'm following" just choose it to show "me".
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    While we're all ranting, I don't like how it now gives you a PB on a segment you've never ridden before.
  • Rigga wrote:
    While we're all ranting, I don't like how it now gives you a PB on a segment you've never ridden before.

Me neither.

It used to do this years ago, then they fixed it, now they have unfixed it again. Don't know if it is deliberate or not.
  • andy9964
    andy9964 Posts: 930
    Think of it as a challenge :)
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    Rigga wrote:

Me neither.

It used to do this years ago, then they fixed it, now they have unfixed it again. Don't know if it is deliberate or not.
    It's ridiculous, I did a 100k ride somewhere I've never been before and I got more PR's on that ride than I have for the last 2 years.
  • milemuncher1
    It’s going down the ‘social media’ road. I’ll be looking for a suitable replacement, that has the functionality I need ( route mapping, from a recorded ride) and the like, but without the ‘socialmeejaisms’ that are creeping into Strava now.

Instead of having your feed showing "I'm following" just choose it to show "me".

Will that get rid of all the irritating stuff that’s appeared in the ‘improved’ version though? If so, that’s okay.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Rigga wrote:

Still technically a PB though is it not? Admittedly quite annoying but still...
  • milemuncher1
    HaydenM wrote:
    Rigga wrote:

Still technically a PB though is it not? Admittedly quite annoying but still...

The logic is there somewhere.
  • ben@31
    stevie63 wrote:
    Rigga wrote:

Me neither.

It's ridiculous, I did a 100k ride somewhere I've never been before and I got more PR's on that ride than I have for the last 2 years.

A few years back, if you went out for a cycle or run on the 1st January, Strava would give you a KOM for every segment, no matter how slow you were... until someone else came along.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,042
    Strava is all about stroking egos hence the over inflated VAMS and fantastical total climbing figures.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • ben@31
    davidof wrote:
    Strava is all about stroking egos hence the over inflated VAMS and fantastical total climbing figures.

Unless you cycle with a power meter. In which case VAM isn't displayed, only watts and % of your FTP.
  • cld531c
    I wish they would highlight with a red flag when people call a ride 'leisurely', 'a bimble', 'potter' etc when it is about 0.1mph slower than their usual average speed. Drives me potty. Dont pretend you arent trying, admit you are nowhere near as good as you would like people to believe!
  • ben@31 wrote:
    davidof wrote:

Unless you cycle with a power meter. In which case VAM isn't displayed, only watts and % of your FTP.

What? You are talking rubbish again
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    cld531c wrote:
    I wish they would highlight with a red flag when people call a ride 'leisurely', 'a bimble', 'potter' etc when it is about 0.1mph slower than their usual average speed. Drives me potty. Dont pretend you arent trying, admit you are nowhere near as good as you would like people to believe!

Well how else would I cunningly hide the fact I was on for a KOM attempt but had to cycle 20 miles into a headwind first? Jeez
  • cld531c
    HaydenM wrote:
    cld531c wrote:

Well how else would I cunningly hide the fact I was on for a KOM attempt but had to cycle 20 miles into a headwind first? Jeez

:-)
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cld531c wrote:
    I wish they would highlight with a red flag when people call a ride 'leisurely', 'a bimble', 'potter' etc when it is about 0.1mph slower than their usual average speed. !

now I am guilty of this ..... my Leisurely rides are pretty much the same average speed as when I have gone out to smash things ... and have at times been quicker.

Turns out, when you cycle at a normal pace, I do actually average the same speed all around ..... however when I decide to hammer the crap out of a hill the subsequent recovery afterwards is somewheat slower than if I had just ridden the hill normally and had more energy at the top

No matter how much effort I put in, my average speeds are always pretty much the same !
  • Everytime I open Strava these days I cry :( . The New UI is terrible. The non-chronological feed is the pitts. They've ruined a perfectly great thing.
  • They have made it more likely I'll stop my premium sub. It's just not so good to look at now. I forget what it is I get for the money.
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,619
    I have to say the latest update this week on the Garmin Connect app is pretty impressive. It was fairly dismal at one point but they've really improved it over time.
  • joe2008
    joe2008 Posts: 1,531
    Strava now makes me sad... shame, it used to be good.
  • Bergwerk wrote:
    The non-chronological feed is the pitts.

I've often opened Strava recently and thought "oh wow that's a huge ride for that guy today!" only to realise it was one from the weekend or a few days ago or whatever. Chronological feeds just make sense! Wish all my social media accounts let me at least have the option to choose chronological order.
  • andcp
    andcp Posts: 644
    It is 'fixable' - http://www.cyclingweekly.com/news/lates ... res-356537
    Also, Veloviewer is an excellent site too IMO.
    "It must be true, it's on the internet" - Winston Churchill
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Bergwerk wrote:
    Everytime I open Strava these days I cry :( . The New UI is terrible. The non-chronological feed is the pitts. They've ruined a perfectly great thing.

As Andcp posts
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hfapaopgkd
  • FatTed wrote:
    Bergwerk wrote:
    Everytime I open Strava these days I cry :( . The New UI is terrible. The non-chronological feed is the pitts. They've ruined a perfectly great thing.

As Andcp posts
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... hfapaopgkd

If you use chrome, rather than the app.