thursday hubble bubble toil etc.

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Written my speech. Nice and short, maybe 5 mins, 3 toasts to break it up and lubricate my larynx. No one likes a long speech. Do they?
    I wouldn't worry, nobody expects the groom to be witty. Everyone is waiting for the best man's speech and how much he is going to drop you in it/embarrass you.
    Oh yeah, I'm not going for witty. Just trying to minimise boredom. You have to crank through a few thankyous as the groom.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    I just did a one minute speech at mine. They can all feck off. No best man speech at all.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    What's that got to do with subservience?

Sorry. wrong thread.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    HaydenM wrote:
    I think I'm ill, probably aids, definitely fatal.

Just scrub it with a wire brush - that'll sort it out.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited October 2017
    Just packed all my stuff. Again. Why must I do this when all I want to do is sleep?

Have also just helped TDV with some of her work. I think she may be cleverer than me but I'm not going to admit it. I'm used to silly words but I'm sure some of those Ijust stabbed my sausage like finger at weren't real.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    What 'stuff'. where are you going now?
  • Matthewfalle
    The normal work rubbish - plasters, Calpol, Boots box of mixed size bandages, I/O drill, crichothyroid tubing.

Just helping some dudes out for a few days - nothing glam and just enough is bound to happen that means I get disrupted sleep.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Surely not enough happening to warrant a cricothyrotomy? Crikey*

*Funny, no?
  • Matthewfalle
    Hopefully not as I have a cold and can't be bothered.

However, unlike Doogie freakin H3 Howser over there, I shall steal their wallet and watch.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    edited October 2017

However, unlike Doogie freakin H3 Howser over there, I shall steal their wallet and watch.

Good man. Someone has to maintain standards of skull duggery, thieving and double crossing around here.

Talking of which, where's Stevo?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

See, now if I'd done anything other than try and keep the fecker warm and say don't move, I'd have robbed him blind. Also, if I'd known medicine was basically legalised theft, I'd have binned the beancounting years ago
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,478
    Pinno wrote:

Good man. Someone has to maintain standards of skull duggery, thieving and double crossing around here.

You called?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...if I'd known medicine was basically legalised theft, I'd have binned the beancounting years ago

Oooh look at you! :D

Me thinks...

man-fishing.gif

Anyhoo, I had 4 miserable years in the financial services industry (PEP's ISA's - mini and maxi: remember them?) and I definitely did not know how to lick 4rses, say the right things, hang out with the right people and drink in certain bars and involve myself in mind numbing office games. So I went back to my roots. I hated every second of it. I never witnessed as much bullying and 'games' as I did in offices as I witnessed anywhere, including the school playground
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

You called?

You weren't watching the International footy were you?!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Mrs is happy, I forgot about the haircut but for the first time in my life I noticed and complimented her. She thinks I just remembered. She doesn't hate it yet so that's good. She's happier about the lad being away now he's made contact.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

You called?

You weren't watching the International footy were you?!
    I am many things but not a masochist.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I heard we scraped a win in extra time over Lithulatvenia who were down to 6 men. Only 8 of them started the game but 1 pulled out because of his Lumbago and the other had catastrophic incident which affected his artificial leg.
  • Stevo_666
    22154352_1517884371581786_4520171140929858271_n.jpg?oh=a7b80185bdf8b8feaf0ad0379d72a6dd&oe=5A420A43
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    I meant to watch the footie and then completely forgot it was on. I still live in hope that something might click one day and England start playing well. Or at least that an England player might trap the ball without it bouncing 6 yards in front of them.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Or at least that an England player might trap the ball without it bouncing 6 yards in front of them.

There is optimistic and then there is delusional.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ballysmate wrote:
    'Tis a cross I have to bear.
    Never been Madeira before. Anybody been? Any good?

As no one else seems to have been, here's my take on it.
    We went to and stayed in Funchal. First thing to notice is that I was towards the younger end of the age spectrum on the plane. No stag parties no hen parties.
    Funchal is a charming place. We stayed in the centre near the cathedral. Every other building seems to be a cafe/restaurant. There is no beach as such. In fact there are only 2 beaches on the island and the sand for those is imported. Although only a couple of hundred miles from the Canaries, Madeira is lush and green and we found it quite humid. As I hate the beach and sea, I found this no problem at all.
    There were no cafes advertising 'full English' nor 'John Smiths bitter' and I didn't see any fat bastards waddling around in football shirts either. But food and drink were excellent.

Very relaxing place which we liked but would not recommend for people with families or those looking for busy nightlife.
  • ballysmate
    Oh and flat it aint. The only way is UP!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    this sounds good, perfect cafe density, scum free, must go there

must not mention hilliness to mrs s
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

Does it seem conducive to cycling? I noticed self catering apartments perched on some hill side. Seems like they were all perched on some hillside.
  • ballysmate
    Pinno wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Does it seem conducive to cycling? I noticed self catering apartments perched on some hill side. Seems like they were all perched on some hillside.

They are perched on hillsides because the land is terraced. It is that steep. We remained in Funchal where the streets are steep and narrow. Did see some cyclists on way to airport but not many. Can't comment on the rest of the road network.
    Lanzarote mind was swarming with cyclists.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Ballysmate wrote:

Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOMvs_1UFCk
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    He didn't say 'baby'.
  • pinno
    Evening WS, what the farq have you been up to?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Deck building.
    Concrete step building
    Other DIY stuff.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Do you fancy a busman's holiday in Scotland? Free fresh air. I might even feed you.