Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

thursday hubble bubble toil etc.

sungodsungod Posts: 12,662
edited October 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

yawn, too late for gym, office, much espresso will be required

hoping to bail early
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«13

Posts

  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    Tired.sooooooo tired. Haven't slept properly in 10 days now and sooooo tired. Doing a thing for someone else this weekend that again will mean no sleep. Going to die of no sleep dead disease.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • lincolndavelincolndave Posts: 8,236
    Morning, another trip to the hospital today, who knows how long I could be waiting 45 minutes last time for a 5 minute chat with the specialist, besides that a howling wind with rain roll on summer
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Bit grey, bit dull and a bit windy out this morning. Had to drive in as I have to take some stuff home for a mate this evening. Hoping today goes better than yesterday at least. The Mrs is going for a hair cut at lunchtime, must remember to compliment her on it. We will probably go through the usual charade of me failing to notice, her getting upset that I didn't notice. I then have to grovel and say how nice it looks, she then gets upset because it looks awful and she doesn't like it. I'm confused because I hadn't even noticed it's been cut it looks so similar. Why are wives batshit crazy?
    The boy rang last night. He was sitting outside the airport in Auckland waiting for a but to the hostel for his overnight stay. Then he's back to the airport for his flight to Fiji. All went well and he was happy.
  • Morning

    Someone rearranged my afternoon meeting to this evening so I've had to drive to work and go for a run. Too nice a morning here to not go out and do something, and good fun legging it across gridlocked dual carriageways :twisted:
    That Sustrans path is like an ice rink though. God help anyone on a bike who needs to brake for a mutt running out in front of them.

    Had a play with the Aldi cam yesterday. Mine loops and it taped over the morning commute so I'll be off to buy a bigger memory card at lunchtime.
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,184
    Morning All. Stuck at Daily grind may even manage full day.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • step83step83 Posts: 3,866
    Morning, coffee, insults and random IT faults as per today.
  • WheelspinnerWheelspinner Posts: 4,780
    Day 89538905432 of building the back deck. It will be a masterpiece.

    Pool season officially opened today, had a proper dip to rinse off the sawdust. Still "fresh" but nice to get some use out of it.

    Drinking wine to re-hydrate after the day's efforts.
  • Bright blue skies here today, still pretty nippy though.

    Might go for a ri... No Wait, who am I kidding.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    More wedmin. Dropped stuff at pub, dropped engagement ring off to be cleaned. Dug out black tie. Off to funeral shortly. More wedmin later. I'll be glad when it's all over!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    veronese68 wrote:
    Why are wives batshit crazy?
    For a scientific explanation, you just need to go on youtube, search for 'The hot crazy matrix' and take note. Looks like you selected from the wrong 'zone' :wink:

    Bumped into a mate's OH on the train this morning who can talk for England. I was going to pretend I hadn't seen her as at that time I'd rather read the paper and look at the interweb but she spotted me...anyway, more work but out tonight for wine, women and song. Or something like that.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,142
    Preparations underway for Madeira next week.
    Stories in todays news about flights having to divert/ turn back because of high winds at Funchal. :shock:
    Fingers crossed.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    'The hot crazy matrix'
    Well aware of that, we've been discussing similar since we were yoofs. The main conclusion was that they are all mad, the scariest are the ones that are so mad they have to hide it really well. When it eventually surfaces you're in trouble.
    Regarding commuting 'buddies' on the train, a mate has started taking the same train as my Mrs. I told him she liked a bit of peace and quiet before getting to work so if she waved her Kindle threateningly he should keep a safe distance. She was reading said Kindle the other morning as he approached, so she nodded towards it and waved it a bit. He said "So, I bet you thought you'd be able to read this morning" and carried on talking at her.
  • seanoconnseanoconn Posts: 5,607
    ballysmate wrote:
    Preparations underway for Madeira next week.
    Stories in todays news about flights having to divert/ turn back because of high winds at Funchal. :shock:
    Fingers crossed.
    WTF!? You've just got back from holiday. One sungod rubbing our noses in it is quite enough thank you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,142
    'Tis a cross I have to bear.
    Never been Madeira before. Anybody been? Any good?
  • sungodsungod Posts: 12,662
    i've drunk it, but not visited it, on that basis prefer oporto, but madeira does look quite nice
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    nope, never been either. Sorry. but if you can get a picture of yourself next to the wonderful Christiano Ronaldo statue at the airport that would be brilliant.

    broken knee
    broken shoulder
    cracking cold
    this sux.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    broken knee
    broken shoulder
    cracking cold
    this sux.
    The good news is your elbow is fixed?
  • haydenmhaydenm Posts: 2,868
    Wfh because I think I'm ill, probably aids, definitely fatal. Had a nice wander around a site this morning and was reassured we are still making someone millions of pounds.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    veronese68 wrote:
    broken knee
    broken shoulder
    cracking cold
    this sux.
    The good news is your elbow is fixed?


    Think so. I had a shed load of Calpol and beer last night and its stopped hurting but doesn't move so well. I plan to force the weakness out of my body by having a curry in about 10 minutes then start prepping for dinner.

    Hoping the curry will also work for the cold.

    Thank you for asking - makes me feel nice.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,346
    Long meeting all day, but meant I managed to escape at a decent time, so just planning pub time
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Me late posting me. Been busy working. too busy to read the posts.

    I'm hungry....

    Bye
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    Written my speech. Nice and short, maybe 5 mins, 3 toasts to break it up and lubricate my larynx. No one likes a long speech. Do they?
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    I'l pay you £2.78 cash if you do it a la Maybot. Be well funny.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    Three quid and you're on.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 22,770 Lives Here
    Just had a call from the lad en route to Fiji. He had a good night in Auckland, went to a rooftop bar, then a gig before being entered into a drag competition at a club. He left before it got going as he knew he had to be up at 5 to get to the airport. I think he's having a good time.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    pinno wrote:
    Been busy working. too busy to read the posts.
    :shock:
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 41,688
    hopkinb wrote:
    Written my speech. Nice and short, maybe 5 mins, 3 toasts to break it up and lubricate my larynx. No one likes a long speech. Do they?
    I wouldn't worry, nobody expects the groom to be witty. Everyone is waiting for the best man's speech and how much he is going to drop you in it/embarrass you.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Been busy working. too busy to read the posts.
    :shock:

    It's as much of a shock to you as it is to me (and my body).
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
  • hopkinbhopkinb Posts: 5,597
    veronese68 wrote:
    Just had a call from the lad en route to Fiji. He had a good night in Auckland, went to a rooftop bar, then a gig before being entered into a drag competition at a club. He left before it got going as he knew he had to be up at 5 to get to the airport. I think he's having a good time.

    Well done V98. How's Mrs V68 coping?
  • pinnopinno Posts: 39,158
    haydenm wrote:
    Wfh because I think I'm ill, probably aids...

    Just rub yourself down with Beetroot.
    veronese68 wrote:
    The Mrs is going for a hair cut at lunchtime, must remember to compliment her on it. We will probably go through the usual charade of me failing to notice, her getting upset that I didn't notice. I then have to grovel and say how nice it looks, she then gets upset because it looks awful and she doesn't like it. I'm confused because I hadn't even noticed it's been cut it looks so similar.

    Double jeopardy? Write on the palm of your hand: "Compliment haircut" to remind you.
    Now, the problem is and as you say, you won't know if it's done or not. If it has been then she might say "You're just saying that" and if she hasn't for some unknown reason (you can't tell anyway) and you compliment her on her lovely haricut...
    S - https://i.pinimg.com/564x/35/cd/f1/35cdf125f02216d233fc9aa90f8607e6.jpg
    W - (still at Atlantic boulevard). Neill broke his collarbone.

    "Why are the tractors beeping in the night? I dunno woss goin' on"
    Tricky, 9yo
Sign In or Register to comment.