Do Youngsters Spend too much ?

Comments

• ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Lol... Wish I could meet heroes like you in the real world.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • weezyswiss
    weezyswiss Posts: 123
    Ryan_W wrote:

Indeed, if you actually lived in the real world you might !
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Boom boom !
  • fenix
    From the Realistic Dream Cars Thread :
    Ryan_W wrote:
    Hmmm, I think for me it'd have to be a Zonda F Roadster Final Edition, Koenigsegg CCXR or a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport...

In all honesty, I don't think I could physically spend that sort of money on a car, much better spent elsewhere (property etc)...

This was a nice motor, wouldn't say 'dream car', but still nice:

Cali.jpg

Can't beat the RR for a bit of luxury though. Will always keen one of these in the fleet:

IMG00647-20111227-1452-1.jpg

A Bugatti is a realistic car but you cant afford a house ?
  • ryan_w-2
    WeezySwiss wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

"Will not raise to keyboard heroes"...

• ryan_w-2
    Fenix wrote:
    From the Realistic Dream Cars Thread :
    Ryan_W wrote:
    Hmmm, I think for me it'd have to be a Zonda F Roadster Final Edition, Koenigsegg CCXR or a Bugatti Veyron Super Sport...

In all honesty, I don't think I could physically spend that sort of money on a car, much better spent elsewhere (property etc)...

This was a nice motor, wouldn't say 'dream car', but still nice:

Cali.jpg

Can't beat the RR for a bit of luxury though. Will always keen one of these in the fleet:

IMG00647-20111227-1452-1.jpg

A Bugatti is a realistic car but you cant afford a house ?

:lol:

You sad, sad man... You went back 5 years to dig out an old post of me talking about my dream cars (regardless of thread being called 'realistic').

Chapeau.

• fenix
    It was a wet lunchtime....
  • weezyswiss
    Ryan_W wrote:
    WeezySwiss wrote:
    Ryan_W wrote:

"Will not raise to keyboard heroes"...
    Can you seriously not see what you are saying / writing and see the fundamental flaw? Do not know your wage but seems a feck load and you still cannot get on the ladder when others much less than you can. I do pity you I really do, but then I know you are purely trolling. If not I suggest you go see a financial advisor !

Oh, and for your information I say nowt I would not say to someones face, so no not a keyboard hero. And also not stated anything that is not simply "common sense". If that hurts your thin veneer then you have other issues.
  • weezyswiss
    You sad, sad man... You went back 5 years to dig out an old post of me talking about my dream cars (regardless of thread being called 'realistic').

Chapeau.
    I'm still hunting for the raisin diet thread
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Ryan_W wrote:
    I am merely stating that a young couple who are saving well, still can't get on the ladder to buy a small property in a nice area in SW London due to the tumour that is property inflation in London..
    The thing is, you can get on the ladder in a nice area in SW London. You just can't start on the first rung there. If you start elsewhere (in a nice, but not quite as nice as you're used to, area) you'd likely be able to grow the capital quite quickly, and then get to where you want to be on your next move, or maybe the one after that. If you're saying that prices for what you really want are rising faster than you can save then you'll never buy anywhere.

I bought my first house at 28, close to, but not in, the area I wanted to live. The next move took me to the area I wanted, but not quite the house I was after. Eventually, after 9 years on the ladder I was able to get in to the house I wanted, in the right area, pretty much solely down to increased capital from rising prices (a little down to increasing salary, for the first move at least) as none of the houses were do-er-uppers. If I have been better a saving, or had been able to add value to the houses then that 9 years would have been shorter by some margin.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Fenix wrote:
    It was a wet lunchtime....

At least now I understand why this puerile fatuity had to be placed in BB :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    yes. it's really lowering the tone of the place
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Get this shite out of here.

My cat's eating flies.
  • team47b
    My cats are asleep, it's currently 39c, the flies are asleep too.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    TBH I don't care how much youngsters spend - apart from my 15 year old who need to learn to be as tight as gnats chuff until she gets a job and pays her own way :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,749
    correctflake_wide-23e3043bb11c92c87c147df0787d020c343e48ab-s900-c85.jpg
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Garry H
    Cat's asleep now. It's about 15 degrees!

Remind me, what's Vtech's real name?
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:

Remind me, what's Vtech's real name?
    Depends which one, we think he changed his name at least once. Has someone offered to tune your car?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    Garry H wrote:

is it a tabby?
  • Garry H
    sungod wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

is it a tabby?

Yes, tortoiseshell.
  • team47b
    Garry H wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

is it a tabby?

Yes, tortoiseshell.

She's a Torbie then :D
  • sungod
    only pictures will settle the matter!
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Mine does...
  • sungod
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Mine does...

your cat?

only people with cats pictures can post here now - the others didn't behave, they are too bitchy for bb, they can bugger off to cake stop
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    sungod wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Mine does...

your cat?

only people with cats pictures can post here now - the others didn't behave, they are too bitchy for bb, they can bugger off to cake stop
    New people a few doors up. They apparently have three cats. One visits our garden most days, but is still very timid. May try snack bribe.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,749
    sungod wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Mine does...

your cat?

Pussies.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • sungod
    sungod wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Mine does...

your cat?

New people a few doors up. They apparently have three cats. One visits our garden most days, but is still very timid. May try snack bribe.

mrs s has done this with a stray, it's responding well to food and pampering, come to think of it, it's a bit like mrs s in that respect
  • Stevo_666
    Saw a cat in our back garden trying to get the local robins and thought of the snack comment. So I let the dog out as he was peckish. Cats are very quick when they need to be...
  • Garry H
    Did you know that if you stab a sheep in the stomach, the blade will come out a green colour?
  • sungod
    only if it's been eating grass, if it's a brain eating zombie sheep things are quite different