TDF 2017: Rest day 2 *spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,327
    RichN95 wrote:
    ...All of that could be easily written by any of us...

I have to disagree.

Our reports would be better. They'd have cows, horses, wine and cheese as well as rider-muppet lookalikes.

Not to mention Echeleon Klaxons and Duck Hazard Warnings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RichN95 wrote:
    ...All of that could be easily written by any of us...

I have to disagree.

Our reports would be better. They'd have cows, horses, wine and cheese as well as rider-muppet lookalikes.

Not to mention Echeleon Klaxons and Duck Hazard Warnings.

Don't make me laugh. It hurts.

37aced07-52d5-4ee5-a2e3-9e4ab9e3e82f_zpsju3nrp7k.jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Lanterne_Rogue
    Lanterne_Rogue Posts: 4,091
    All I'm saying is that if any media outlet are hiring for a Lanterne correspondent, the job absolutely has to involve travel to France and a large wine budget, because the whole thing is sadly under-reported by the lousy, no-good, glory-hunting television companies and the wine is absolutely essential, if only to dull the pain. Bring us the real stories, you lazy, lazy buggers!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    All I'm saying is that if any media outlet are hiring for a Lanterne correspondent, the job absolutely has to involve travel to France and a large wine budget, because the whole thing is sadly under-reported by the lousy, no-good, glory-hunting television companies and the wine is absolutely essential, if only to dull the pain. Bring us the real stories, you lazy, lazy buggers!

If you need a reference I am happy to provide one. Your reports are superb, truly. :D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    RichN95 wrote:
    Dinyull wrote:

If they genuinely believe Sky are cheating then they want the blacklist, as that "shows" they are digging the dirt ala Walsh and Lance.

And it's good headline, being blacklisted, when they're after clickbait.

Brailsford has given them the headline though. Which means he's either under pressure and is cracking, or (more likely, imho) he wants the press looking at that and not somewhere else. Don't think that means Sky are doing something wrong that they want to hide though.
    One of the golden rules of journalism: Don't become part of the story

Apparently, Brailsford has apologised for his rant:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/40693410

I can't see any mention of it on Cycling News
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.