Froome v Wiggins

12346»

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,644
    Rather like I think fans underestimate the importance of routes in cycling, I also think fans underestimate the impact of surface changes in tennis.
  • wombly_knees
    wombly_knees Posts: 657
    professeur wrote:
    I thought this was a tennis thread - what's with all the cricket chat?
    Tennis is basically cricket for people who can't bowl.
  • wombly_knees
    Wiggins would definitely have the edge over Froome in one day cricket. And any match at The Oval.
    <Froome>Wiggins would have a field day at Wankhede</Froome>
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Ok, Froome v Wiggins, the definitive multi sport guide.
    Rugby: Wiggins. At track weight or retired weight he'd snap Froome like a twig.
    Boxing :see above
    MMA: Froome, as he's allowed to use his elbows
    F1: Froome. I'm not going to do a Ferrari joke, but Wiggins drives a Skoda. I've yet to see one in pole position.
    Football : Score draw. Wiggins more powerful, but again the elbows come in to play.
    Snooker : Froome. He's all about the angles. He is just angles.
    Horse dancing : Froome. There has to be some advantage from a colonial upbringing
    100 model sprint: Wiggins. Froome still untangling his legs as Wiggins crosses the line.
    10,000m Froome. He's Kenyan. Stands to reason, dunnit?
    Marathon : Wiggins. He can deffo eat far more of them.
    Fencing : Froome. Wiggins dqed for turning up with a broadsword.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Froome: Angling
  • wombly_knees
    Bog snorkelling? I think they'd both rake enough mud to finish joint last.
  • Bog snorkelling? I think they'd both rake enough mud to finish joint last.

OHHHH wombles
  • rick_chasey
    Froome: Angling

There's only one of the two who baits the media and it's not Froome..!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Wiggins for League (he's a fan) and Froome for Union (South African upbringing) I'd say

I'm claiming Froome for hockey on the basis that his dad played for England at junior level.

There's probably a scope for a thread for other sports cyclists are huge fans of. Rowe, Konig - Ice Hockey, Cavendish - Moto GP, Bouhanni - Boxing, Pinot, Mollema - football, Bennett, Thomas, Gallopin - Rugby Union, Wiggins - Rugby League
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    Wiggins for League (he's a fan) and Froome for Union (South African upbringing) I'd say

I'm claiming Froome for hockey on the basis that his dad played for England at junior level.

There's probably a scope for a thread for other sports cyclists are huge fans of. Rowe, Konig - Ice Hockey, Cavendish - Moto GP, Bouhanni - Boxing, Pinot, Mollema - football, Bennett, Thomas, Gallopin - Rugby Union, Wiggins - Rugby League

Cavendish, ballroom dancing you mean?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Cavendish, ballroom dancing you mean?
    Surely that's Cipollini and Rasmussen now

cipo.jpgrasmussen-dancing.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    Boogerd, ice dancing.

michael-boogerd-schaatst-in-holiday-on-ice.jpg

?appId=21791a8992982cd8da851550a453bd7f&quality=0.9
  • Froome: Angling

There's only one of the two who baits the media and it's not Froome..!

Well that is true

But I meant that he's all angles (ref NotADoc's post)
  • tootsie323
    tootsie323 Posts: 199
    Speed skating: Valverde.
    Darts: Theresa May (nailed a great 180 earlier in the year).
  • wombly_knees
    RichN95 wrote:

Robert Power - would assume he'd follow rugby union. His brother played for the ACT Brumbies
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    If Froome wins this Tour, and it's a big if, I'd like to see him go for the Vuelta and if he wins that, then next year's Giro. He won't though, he will want 5 Tours.
    Oh really :lol: