Craigus89 wrote:
    ^ worst pic from inside a Hooters ever.
    the wrong kind of impressive and large lolol
    Like I said it's pretty tame.

Impressively large Tour screen though.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Uran flashing his banana.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Have any teams decided to use disc brakes for a whole team or have the disadvantages outweighed the advantages?

As much as I've enjoyed Kittel's win, I don't believe that disc brakes, especially in the dry, are the best choice for some of the anorexic schoolgirls that make up some of the peleton so I'd be very surprised if any team had gone disc wholesale. I can't find details of individual bike specs anywhere and I guess that would be too difficult to update. It seems like Spesh are keenest on discs.

What I am surprised about is that the only team running eTap is Katusha. Even more odd because I believe the normal retail Canyon is Di2 standard and that the rim-braked Canyons are running unbranded DA surface mount calipers.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Have any teams decided to use disc brakes for a whole team or have the disadvantages outweighed the advantages?

As much as I've enjoyed Kittel's win, I don't believe that disc brakes, especially in the dry, are the best choice for some of the anorexic schoolgirls that make up some of the peloton so I'd be very surprised if any team had gone disc wholesale. I can't find details of individual bike specs anywhere and I guess that would be too difficult to update. It seems like Spesh are keenest on discs.

What I am surprised about is that the only team running eTap is Katusha. Even more odd because I believe the normal retail Canyon is Di2 standard and that the rim-braked Canyons are running unbranded DA surface mount calipers.

Pretty sure they can get a disc bike down near the UCI weight limit anyway.

Also most of the pro bikes seem to have a safety margin above the magic 6.8 anyway, most of the ones GCN weighed were 7-7.2.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129

As much as I've enjoyed Kittel's win, I don't believe that disc brakes, especially in the dry, are the best choice for some of the anorexic schoolgirls that make up some of the peloton so I'd be very surprised if any team had gone disc wholesale. I can't find details of individual bike specs anywhere and I guess that would be too difficult to update. It seems like Spesh are keenest on discs.

Im staying with mechanical until DA has a wireless version, Id have thought the etap would have been much more popular for those without gear contracts.
  • blazing_saddles
    Kirby can't be arsed to commentate on something actually happening in the race at the moment. :oops:
  • Vino'sGhost
    Kirby can't be arsed to commentate on something actually happening in the race at the moment. :oops:

Hes drifted off. hed be asleep on the couch if he were at home
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570

So would i
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Nathan Brown in with a chance of the KOM jersey on this climb.
  • Vino'sGhost
    gsk82 wrote:

So would i

totally
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    To stay awake a mystery prize to the first person to spot Haimar Zubeldia.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • craigus89
    craigus89 Posts: 887
    Why not watch ITV4 coverage if you don't like Kirby, I much prefer the commentary on there anyway. They're by no means perfect but much better than Eurosport.
  • above_the_cows
    Not everyone is in the UK, or has access to ITV4 using a VPN. Plus it's a t0ss-up between the annoyance of Kirby and the annoyance of ITV4's adverts.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Is Brown in the polka dots then?

Certainly got his sponsors airtime though.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Im staying with mechanical until DA has a wireless version, Id have thought the etap would have been much more popular for those without gear contracts.

Yup - if it's as good as all the users seem to think it is, I'd have thought we'd seen it on more bikes - after all, I thought SRAM would be pushing it hard. Unfortunately we don't get to hear much about equipment decisions.
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Pretty sure they can get a disc bike down near the UCI weight limit anyway.

Also most of the pro bikes seem to have a safety margin above the magic 6.8 anyway, most of the ones GCN weighed were 7-7.2.

Yup - but there's also quite a lot of "anti" feeling in the peleton (if reports are to be believed) about the safety of discs. If you weigh nothing and are comfortable with rim brakes, why would you change?
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Not everyone is in the UK, or has access to ITV4 using a VPN. Plus it's a t0ss-up between the annoyance of Kirby and the annoyance of ITV4's adverts.

Sometimes I almost feel like I'm missing out on the whole "who's the worst commentator? / Which is the worst TV channel?" debate.

But then I relax into the dulcet tones of Jørgen Leth, the insightful commentary of Nicki Sørensen & Rasmus Staghøj, and Rolf Sørensen providing direct reporting from the peloton.

:D
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Is Brown in the polka dots then?

Certainly got his sponsors airtime though.

Even if Politt draws level on points by taking the last cat 4 climb, Brown should still get it because he has won a cat 3 climb.

Assuming the break doesn't make it to the finish.... And that Phinney doesn't win the stage.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Uran flashing his banana.

Hope he's in the peloton and not in Shanghai
  • above_the_cows

Sometimes I almost feel like I'm missing out on the whole "who's the worst commentator? / Which is the worst TV channel?" debate.

But then I relax into the dulcet tones of Jørgen Leth, the insightful commentary of Nicki Sørensen & Rasmus Staghøj, and Rolf Sørensen providing direct reporting from the peloton.

I'd watch the Dutch coverage except it's been replaced with Wimbledon.

Anyway I'm now very pissed off with David Millar only mentioning that Taylor Phinney is the son of a cyclist father. I've been forced to send an angry tweet! :oops:
  • Not everyone is in the UK, or has access to ITV4 using a VPN. Plus it's a t0ss-up between the annoyance of Kirby and the annoyance of ITV4's adverts.

Anyway I'm now very pissed off with David Millar only mentioning that Taylor Phinney is the son of a cyclist father. I've been forced to send an angry tweet! :oops:

You have indeed

WHAT ABOUT CONNIE CARPENTER
  • No_Ta_Doctor

But then I relax into the dulcet tones of Jørgen Leth, the insightful commentary of Chris Anker Sørensen & Rasmus Staghøj, and Rolf Sørensen providing direct reporting from the peloton.

FTFM

Bloody hell, I'm always getting my Sørensens mixed up.
  • above_the_cows

You have indeed

WHAT ABOUT CONNIE CARPENTER

Godzilla%20-%209.gif
  • kingstongraham
    So I guess they need to think about trying to bring this back soonest now...
  • blazing_saddles
    Two crashes in two days: Bardet continues to ride like Bardot.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Brian Holm on DK TV says finish isn't hard enough for Gilbert, he's just ridden it. Thinks it suits Sagan. There's a couple of km flat after it I think.
  • blazing_saddles
    Rick has a problem tonight.
    Same time as NOS has Avondetappe, Een has this:-

http://www.tvgids.nl/twijfels-over-tom- ... el/146836/
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Two crashes in two days: Bardet continues to ride like Bardot.
    Apparently Indurain never crashed even once while chasing his tour wins. Not sure if true as was on the twitter
  • kingstongraham
    Brian Holm on DK TV says finish isn't hard enough for Gilbert, he's just ridden it. Thinks it suits Sagan. There's a couple of km flat after it I think.

Looks like it could be a bit tricky with people slowing after going into the final climb hard. Finish is at the summit, but the last few hundred metres less steep than the 11% halfway up.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I don't think I can manage three weeks of the KP elephant.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718

Stybar or even Trentin I think would be more suited to this finish from Quickstep.