bradley the rower now .

124»

Comments

• RichN95 wrote:
    Shouldn't people be up in arms at him wearing a championship jersey that he hasn't won himself

(Or is it allowed if you've won loads of WCs in other events?)

Stereotyping and discriminating aren't nice behaviours.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    What's he wearing? He looks like he's one of those Sky scraper window cleaners - you know, the one's who go up in those cot type things on cables up the Gherkin and the like.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    RichN95 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Woolwich dry ski slope, road worker strides from his mate at Camden Caaaancil, crap old cyclin jersey from knackered old loser has been... Dude’s keeping it real!
    Shouldn't people be up in arms at him wearing a championship jersey that he hasn't won himself

(Or is it allowed if you've won loads of WCs in other events?)

He's probably wearing it deliberately to wind up the clinic warriors - 'look, he loves Lance's WC jersey - he must love doping too!'....
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    .]delete
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    I don't like Wiggins, as some of you might have guessed. This however is very funny
  • pinno
    ShutupJens wrote:
    I don't like Wiggins, as some of you might have guessed. This however is very funny

Thank fook for that. Now i'm not alone.
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Good photo.

As an aside and getting back to the original title of this thread, Wiggins rowed in the Veterans Head of the River Race on Sun for Tideway Scullers, and came third.

I watched the race from Barns Bridge. His bladework timing was way off the rest of his crew, so his chances of competing at the next olympics is zero at this rate, which is a shame as I for one would have like to see him there.

https://werow.co.uk/veterans-head-bradley-wiggins-makes-his-tideway-rowing-debut/
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    brit66 wrote:
    Good photo.

As an aside and getting back to the original title of this thread, Wiggins rowed in the Veterans Head of the River Race on Sun for Tideway Scullers, and came third.

I watched the race from Barns Bridge. His bladework timing was way off the rest of his crew, so his chances of competing at the next olympics is zero at this rate, which is a shame as I for one would have like to see him there.

https://werow.co.uk/veterans-head-bradley-wiggins-makes-his-tideway-rowing-debut/

Close relative of mine was in the 8 with Wiggins on Sunday. Wiggins said at Xmas that he was up for it but they only managed a couple of practice sessions with him before the race so a decent result for them considering. Good PR for the club too.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    On a similar topic Hamish Bond won the Oceanic Time Trial Championships the other day. He’s probably in with a shout at the Commonwealths.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    RichN95 wrote:
    On a similar topic Hamish Bond won the Oceanic Time Trial Championships the other day.

I'm confused, is that a rowing or cycling event?
  • RichN95.
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    On a similar topic Hamish Bond won the Oceanic Time Trial Championships the other day.

Cycling. Bond, for those who don't know, is a two time Olympic champion and eight time world champion rower.
  • Crozza
    Crozza Posts: 991
    RichN95 wrote:
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Cycling. Bond, for those who don't know, is a two time Olympic champion and eight time world champion rower.

I did know that, but thanks for deadpanning my joke :(
  • pinno
    If both Bond and Wiggo were serious about switching to a completely different discipline in a professional capacity, they have left it a bit late. Bond (having Googled him) is 32 and Wiggo, 37.
    It's 2 years until the next summer games.

How's Vic doing on the gg's?
  • RichN95.
    Pinno wrote:
    If both Bond and Wiggo were serious about switching to a completely different discipline in a professional capacity, they have left it a bit late. Bond (having Googled him) is 32 and Wiggo, 37.
    It's 2 years until the next summer games.

Bond has done cycling in some capacity for several years and he focuses on time trials so there's not a lot of skills or tactics to learn. He rode in the World Championships last year.
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    Pinno wrote:

Climbing Everest next month
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 216
    Pinno wrote:

• brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    Close relative of mine was in the 8 with Wiggins on Sunday. Wiggins said at Xmas that he was up for it but they only managed a couple of practice sessions with him before the race so a decent result for them considering. Good PR for the club too.

Rowing is much more technical than it looks on TV (it literally takes years to get good) and there's no way he'll make the grade before the next Olympics. Even his physical prowess on the erg way off what an international heavyweight rower can achieve. He should enjoy his retirement and just row for fun.
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    brit66 wrote:

Rowing is much more technical than it looks on TV (it literally takes years to get good) and there's no way he'll make the grade before the next Olympics. Even his physical prowess on the erg way off what an international heavyweight rower can achieve. He should enjoy his retirement and just row for fun.

Yep. My relative has been rowing competitively at elite level since he was a kid and he's now a full time rowing coach so explained to me a while back that "Brad Rows For Olympic Gold" was a nice press story but pretty much impossible for Wiggins to achieve.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    EPC06 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

poor horse :shock:
  • pinno
    tim000 wrote:
    EPC06 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

poor horse :shock:

My thoughts exactly but you beat me to it.

Then I wondered if a mountain goat would be more suitable.
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 414
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Crozza wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I did know that, but thanks for deadpanning my joke :(

Don't worry Crozza, some people got it! Oceania/Oceanic Pedant alert Rich

• Interesting link. Having seen the lineup I assume Graham Benton provided most of the horsepower. That man has a freakish set of lungs!