So what happens if Labour win?

123457»

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Oh and a top trending story on BBC news is how Jezza thinks having police shoot to kill is counterproductive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politic ... ill-policy

Maybe we could convince Jezza and Diane Abbot to run towards the danger and try and talk the terrorists around, like he did with the IRA?
    That was from 2015. Corbyn gaver a speech this evening and said:
    "I will take whatever action is necessary and effective to protect the security of our people and our country. That includes full authority for the police to use whatever force is necessary to protect and save life as they did last night, as they did in Westminster in March."

Wow, borisesque in reversing stated beliefs and values to accomadate public sentiment. It seems Saint Jeremy has finally succumbed to the political reality and selling your soul for self advancement.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I would like to withdraw my laugh at Stevo comment. He has been a lot more clever than I thought at first. Whatever happens he's won.

JC doesn't win and it weakens the Labour party electorally (although May is undermining Stevo's plan by mucking up her part) and he's won bets and played his part in weakening Labour.

If he does win then Stevo gets money thrown at him by people who want to start taking more aggressive tax stance.
    I love it when a plan comes together :mrgreen:
    Except a narrow defeat (anything above the 2015 result) for Corbyn probably wouldn't weaken either him or the party, but may well weaken the Conservatives.
    That's life - you can't have everything :)
    A week's a long time in politics as they say. Who knows what the next couple of days will bring.
    Just to be clear, I was talking about it from my own point of view - have look a bit further up the thread.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Lookyhere
    Lookyhere Posts: 987
    Slowmart wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    Oh and a top trending story on BBC news is how Jezza thinks having police shoot to kill is counterproductive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-politic ... ill-policy

Maybe we could convince Jezza and Diane Abbot to run towards the danger and try and talk the terrorists around, like he did with the IRA?
    That was from 2015. Corbyn gaver a speech this evening and said:
    "I will take whatever action is necessary and effective to protect the security of our people and our country. That includes full authority for the police to use whatever force is necessary to protect and save life as they did last night, as they did in Westminster in March."

Wow, borisesque in reversing stated beliefs and values to accomadate public sentiment. It seems Saint Jeremy has finally succumbed to the political reality and selling your soul for self advancement.

Have a quick read... nothing fairer than reporting an answer to another Quesyion lol.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... ate-labour

he certainly isnt prepared to alter his long standing belief on first strike or even use of Nukes and that damaged him the other night.
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,704
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I would like to withdraw my laugh at Stevo comment. He has been a lot more clever than I thought at first. Whatever happens he's won.

JC doesn't win and it weakens the Labour party electorally (although May is undermining Stevo's plan by mucking up her part) and he's won bets and played his part in weakening Labour.

If he does win then Stevo gets money thrown at him by people who want to start taking more aggressive tax stance.
    I love it when a plan comes together :mrgreen:
    Except a narrow defeat (anything above the 2015 result) for Corbyn probably wouldn't weaken either him or the party, but may well weaken the Conservatives.
    That's life - you can't have everything :)
    A week's a long time in politics as they say. Who knows what the next couple of days will bring.
    Just to be clear, I was talking about it from my own point of view - have look a bit further up the thread.
    Yes, I got that. Sorry, not forming very coherent thoughts after 4 nights on the trot of very limited sleep.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition