tuesday Δ0 → p+ + π-

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Did you replace the pads to get the pin away from the worn bit?
    I hate sliding calipers.

Pads, discs and now callipers are all new - both sides.
    Punched the slide pin out through the lower hole at the other end (in the end). Funny how there is one for the bottom one and none for the top. If it had been the other way around, I think I would have ended up buying a new carrier.
    I cleaned it up on the bench grinder and then a wire dizzy. It went in and out without any pinch points plus I used a chainsaw chain sharpener to clean the aperture out.
    They are a PITA and I find it incomprehensible that they are so fickle. The parts alliance OEM calliper was supplied with new rubbers, new pad springs and new slide pin bolts as well as a handy little sachet of slide pin slidy stuff.
    I am grateful for that. I also get £12 back off the old one on return.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I used to live in Florence and got married in Citta di Castello.

Seems that hopkinshopkinshopkinshopkins wants to be me.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

I thought everyone wanted to be you..

Citta di Castello seems to be quite the popular wedding venue. Gorgeous town, can see why.

I'm getting spliced to Ms hopkinb at Islington Town hall in October. Not quite so much la dolce vita.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    I used to live in Verona and got married in Wombledon. Part way there.
    I'd be able to get so much more done if it wasn't for blinking customers interrupting. When it's busy the retail calls trip over to us. It took me nearly an hour to deal with an order for one of my customers because I had to deal with the kind of idiots that spend over 10 minutes on the phone to order a couple of quids worth of tut. The one that made me laugh was the chap that ordered a load of stuff then got his wife to give me the card number. Doesn't he realise she'll know how much he's spending? Absolute madness.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

I thought everyone wanted to be you..

Citta di Castello seems to be quite the popular wedding venue. Gorgeous town, can see why.

I'm getting spliced to Ms hopkinb at Islington Town hall in October. Not quite so much la dolce vita.

We got married there 14 or 15 years ago before it became trendy with the prosecco drinking, single speed communting second hand bicycle classless society that seems to think it's special.

Really lovely town and as we were a bit of a novelty (family is from the Abruzzo, so everyone wondered why we weren't getting married there), welcomed with open arms.

I'm sure that Islington will be nice. Can we all come to the Reception? I'll bring a special vat of Edwyn's pissss - bit like Watney's Party 7 but will turn you more blind bigly.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Reception is in a boozer in Leadenhall Market. Edwyn's pissss would be most welcome, might keep the drinks bill down a bit. Looking at the menu options today and feeling very poor as a result. The mrs has found me the "ideal" suit for the wedding, unfortunately it is only available in 38S, I am 42R. I apparently have to lose the inches off the legs and the chest..

No prosecco has passed my lips since that one time when I discovered it tastes like apple-sherbetty battery acid (at least the bottle I had, I'm sure there's good stuff to be had), and my bicycle has gears and was brand new.
  • Matthewfalle
    So does that mean we can all come along if we promise not to eat and just to drink stuff we have bought along?

Can we come along all day if we promise not to eat but just to drink stuff we have bought with us?

Zero food or drink bill for you but maximum members of the congregation to back you up.

Any of the bridesmaids worth smashing?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    So does that mean we can all come along if we promise not to eat and just to drink stuff we have bought along?

Can we come along all day if we promise not to eat but just to drink stuff we have bought with us?

Zero food or drink bill for you but maximum members of the congregation to back you up.

I'll raise it with Ms hopkinb. Obvs bridesmaids are of the highest quality.

I want to go to the velodrome at Stratford for my "stag" event and smash out a few laps, having trained heavily beforehand to make sure I win. No-one else wants to come with me. Miserable sods. My bruv wants to go hiking, and my mates want to hole up in a cottage with hookers and bl0w. I don't want blisters on my heels, my nasal lining, or the end of my knob, so these are all out. What does the modern chap do for a stag do, unless of course I just go to the velodrome alone and have a few tins of spesh on the tube on the way home?
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    What does the modern chap do for a stag do...?

Well... In Scotland it's traditional to tie you to a lamp post and cover you in eggs and flour and anything you can get your hands on then be driven about in the back of a trailer.
    In Wales it's traditional to drop you somewhere in England. In Narden Eyrelan' it's traditional to get pissed every single day until you have lost complete control over all bodily functions from the point you get engaged till well after the wedding.
    I dunno what they do in Engerlandshire.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited May 2017
    hopkinb wrote:

I want to go to the velodrome at Stratford for my "stag" event and smash out a few laps, having trained heavily beforehand to make sure I win. No-one else wants to come with me. Miserable sods. My bruv wants to go hiking, and my mates want to hole up in a cottage with hookers and bl0w. I don't want blisters on my heels, my nasal lining, or the end of my knob, so these are all out. What does the modern chap do for a stag do, unless of course I just go to the velodrome alone and have a few tins of spesh on the tube on the way home?

We went mini moto racin' in the day, whorin' at night for mine. The racin' was average, the whorin' rocked.

If I was to make the mistake of getting wed again, I'd do exactly what your mates suggest: sounds really good fun, loads of proper laughs, away from all the shyyte of life and no women apart from whores. And blow. She'd loads of blow. All that Colombia can produce.

Just make sure all mobile phones save for two burners with no numbers on get locked away - the two burners are calling the ambulance when it all goes wrong and calling the ambulance again when the first phone doesn't work anymore.

Sack off the Velodrome: no-one actually wants to do anything on a stag do apart from get shredded with whores and have a really good laugh.

The fetid miasma of the modern stag do is just dullllllll. It's something that a wannabe like Rick or that other nob would do.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Pffft I got married in Tooting, the romance capital of Wandsworth.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:

Any pics of bridesmaids' norks? (then or now, not fussed really).

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn wrote:

It about time you supplied some Nork pics?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    My stag do was drinking around Wimbledon and then London for a little over 24 hours. That's the way it should be done. A colleague recently got back from a modern stag do in Prague. Upon arrival they were greeted at the airport by the company it had been arranged through, the stag was handcuffed to a dwarf wearing nothing but a g-string. Everywhere he went for the weekend the dwarf went, and his minder to ensure the dwarf came to no harm. The shower, the shitter and to bed always chained to an angry scantily clad dwarf. Every time he fell asleep the dwarf would start jumping on him and punching him. My colleague said by the end of the weekend he almost came to think of it as normal. Apparently this is the modern way.
    I'd rather go to the velodrome. Been minimoto racing. Broke 3 ribs and wound up in hospital for a week with a chest drain attached. I did follow the mantra of if you fall off get straight back on, did 3 more races when I could hardly breathe. It was good fun, until it hurt.
  • Matthewfalle
    seanoconn wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

It about time you supplied some Nork pics?

No. I judge, I do not supply. A man has standards.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just shot Bambina in the back of the head with a Nerf gun from the top of the stairs when she was at the bottom walking away from me unaware of impending doom. Brilliant shot even though I say so myself.

The yelp of surprise/pain caused me to fall over laughing and twist my bad knee again, so I suppose karma had it way. Still managed to pop a cap in her skull though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Stag do...blimey that was a while ago...tomorrow mrs T and I celebrate 32 years together, she didn't even get time off for good behaviour...obvious why really :D

SG Bit early in the week for this, I didn't get past the Laplace operator is a second order differential operator in n-dimensional Euclidean space, let alone taking the p! (Yep, wine's open)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    Stag do...blimey that was a while ago...tomorrow mrs T and I celebrate 32 years together, she didn't even get time off for good behaviour...obvious why really :D

SG Bit early in the week for this, I didn't get past the Laplace operator is a second order differential operator in n-dimensional Euclidean space, let alone taking the p! (Yep, wine's open)
    Is this your second Mrs T or are you still on your first?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Dwarf? In a G-string? Male? WFM :shock:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    delta zero decay through the strong interaction to proton and pion, i.e. stuff falling apart

Δ0 → p+ + π-

Delta Brayon figure is 1232 MeV/c2 isn't it? digging into the depths of my particle physics/quantum theory stuff I did a couple years back. Had to look up the spin and iso spin figures though.

Shuddup.

:cry: Ill just console myself with Carrot cake

Utter wenk day in the office they've started a new monitoring process which truly sucks the soul out of the job. They now monitor the number of faults we do each hour. Queue a fun meeting wanting to know why I clear less faults in the evening, maybe because no ones actually in at that time.
    Time to leave I think.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    team47b wrote:

ask marmite and he'll explain in more detail, but basically...

delta zero has up, down, down quarks, and enough energy to make it frisky, chances are one of the downs will emit a gluon, which a smidge later turns into an up and an anti up

then the anti up and the gluon-emitting down elope as a -ve pion, while the rest continue as a proton, which seems to be stable threesome

that pion won't last though, it'll turn into some lepton and associated antineutrino, pions are like that, fickle
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sungod wrote:
    team47b wrote:

delta zero has up, down, down quarks, and enough energy to make it frisky, chances are one of the downs will emit a gluon, which a smidge later turns into an up and an anti up

then the anti up and the gluon-emitting down elope as a -ve pion, while the rest continue as a proton, which seems to be stable threesome

that pion won't last though, it'll turn into some lepton and associated antineutrino, pions are like that, fickle

The neutrinos/latinos have mutated (Dara o briain)

Marmite is busy controlling the humans, being let in the back door only to ask immediately to go out the front door to save him having to walk round the outside of the house, meanwhile Zen (marmite's sister) is thinking about going out but has not yet decided if there is in fact an outside if you can't see it :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Not as tricky as trying to get your head around the thrombin/prothrombin clotting process at 3 in the morning ....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    hopkinb wrote:

We went mini moto racin' in the day, whorin' at night for mine. The racin' was average, the whorin' rocked.

If I was to make the mistake of getting wed again, I'd do exactly what your mates suggest: sounds really good fun, loads of proper laughs, away from all the shyyte of life and no women apart from whores. And blow. She'd loads of blow. All that Colombia can produce.

Just make sure all mobile phones save for two burners with no numbers on get locked away - the two burners are calling the ambulance when it all goes wrong and calling the ambulance again when the first phone doesn't work anymore.

Sack off the Velodrome: no-one actually wants to do anything on a stag do apart from get shredded with whores and have a really good laugh.

The fetid miasma of the modern stag do is just dullllllll. It's something that a wannabe like Rick or that other doorknob would do.

lol let's run away together Matty
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

The fetid miasma of the modern stag do is just dullllllll. It's something that a wannabe like Rick or that other doorknob would do.

Only if you look like TDNFNATN or TDSD.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:

You can shuddup an' all.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:

Quite frankly, this is getting ridiculous.
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    hopkinb wrote:

Only if you look like TDNFNATN or TDSD.

:0 well i can do some great things with foam and PVA but that might be a bit beyond the limits,it would have made a rum diary for sure.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Sounds like the clearance is going pretty well Stevo, I'm dreading that day. My folks live in a large 4 bedroom house that's full of sh!t, the loft has more stuff in it than the whole of our place could hold.
    Thanks V.

Seemed to get the wind in my sails on the sorting and clearing. As well as the clothes I managed most of the kitchen and made a decent start on the lounge. Trouble is I've created so many bin bags full of stuff for the charities I think I'll have to call them in. And so many bags of trash they've had to go in the garage till I have time to take them down the dump. Also got the probate stuff signed.

Not been home that long! The joys of work tomorrow...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Marmite is busy controlling the humans, being let in the back door only to ask immediately to go out the front door to save him having to walk round the outside of the house, meanwhile Zen (marmite's sister) is thinking about going out but has not yet decided if there is in fact an outside if you can't see it :D

The one that's (almost) adopted me is trying his best to train me to do that.

Pom Pom (long haired female tortoiseshell) used a look at the weather at one window and if she didn't like it, she would cross the room and look out of the opposite window.