friday why this is hell, nor are we out of it

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited May 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

a heady mélange of ride, wfh, cafes, shops

may skive as it's supposed to be sunny and the weekend weather looks like it won't be
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Normal service resumed with cider last night and a run just as I'm meant to be tapering

Working from home, so local is on the cards
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning all, hope you are all enjoying the weather, I have another week off before the next job starts, gardening and cycling today
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Glorious over here.
  • Garry H wrote:
    Glorious over here.

ditto
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    Taking the later train in due to a slight excess of wine consumption last night. Train is half empty so people are skiving off already. It's going to be a hot one down here in the Big Smoke - may nip out and sit in Regents Park for lunch and soak up a few rays 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    cor, hot in the sun at 7am ..... its gonna be a scorcher.

wife and kid have the day of, lucky sods .... I have to carry a few kilos back home uphill, in a ruck sack on the single speed in the heat .. not looking forward to that ride !

but ...... Prosecco tonight for dinner so all is good
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,327
    Morning folks,
    Glorious here as well, the wobble in to work was a bit slower after the racing last night. I suspect today will either be really busy as a good chunk of them there Europeens had the day off yesterday. Or it'll be really quiet as a good chunk of Europeens had yesterday off and have made it a 4 day weekend. The slackers, I don't think I'll bother coming in on Monday.
    It's the lads last day of school today, so he's being a cross dresser for the day and has gone in wearing his sister's school uniform. He also had in his possession a couple of rolls of tape, a few hundred balloons, party poppers and some silly string. I'd recommend anyone in the area avoid the 'spoons in New Malden from lunchtime. We are not expecting to see him until some time tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Off to sunny Bridlington for a few days, taking aged mother on her annual hols.
    Be good, :)

The older I get, the better I was.

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    What a lovely day. Lovely ride in, chilled out POET day.

And what's even better is that I've just realised that today is my last day at work before going away - 9 days off in the sun. Huzzah! Huzzah!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    Crit last night followed by chips, beer, and late to bed. Stealth rest day on the cards 8) would love to be out doing some easy miles though.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sh@gged myself out by extending my commute to 60km in the glorious sunshine. Eaten eggs, bacon and mushrooms, now swigging black coffee. Going to p!ss off at lunchtime I think, and drive up to Cov to see my mother/brother/sis-in-law/niece & nephew, with my lot following by train tomorrow morning. Then enforced fun at Alton Towers - shuddering at the very thought of it.
  • sungod
    lovely out

had an early ride around regents park, culminating in brekkie two sitting in the sun at the cafe in the middle, the crispy bacon really complemented the scrambled eggs
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,356
    sungod wrote:
    lovely out...had an early ride around regents park...

Don't go there at lunchtime. I hear there's going to be some right tossers sunning themselves.

Me going to go on rollers me. I have got to the point where I can just about trust a fart sort of.
    Is it me or is VN on repeat mode as he's repeating himself on repeat mode and I don't know if it's me or he's on repeat mode. Can Step reprogram him? Maybe he's actually a Stepford Husband.

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Shite day at work yesterday, compensated by getting drunk last night and now I'm sitting in a sweltering office regretting it...
  • veronese68
    Morning folks,
    Glorious here as well, the wobble in to work was a bit slower after the racing last night. I suspect today will either be really busy as a good chunk of them there Europeens had the day off yesterday. Or it'll be really quiet as a good chunk of Europeens had yesterday off and have made it a 4 day weekend. The slackers, I don't think I'll bother coming in on Monday.
    It's the lads last day of school today, so he's being a cross dresser for the day and has gone in wearing his sister's school uniform. He also had in his possession a couple of rolls of tape, a few hundred balloons, party poppers and some silly string. I'd recommend anyone in the area avoid the 'spoons in New Malden from lunchtime. We are not expecting to see him until some time tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully.
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    lovely out...had an early ride around regents park...

Don't go there at lunchtime. I hear there's going to be some right tossers sunning themselves.

i shall be basking on my private rooftop aerie, just about to load up the coolbag with drinks and snacks
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Was glorious this morning at about six, no idea now but appears to be a cloudless sky. sped in on the road bike ill be claiming this new found speed is due to the extra pawl on the hub and that I wore proper cycling clobber rather than jeans no SCR as there was no other sod to race this morning.

large coffee has been slurped yogurt inhaled and takeaway ordered, now just need to hope I have cider in the fridge for my return, still little under seven hours left so onwards to boredom!
  • Matthewfalle
    BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMM has just gone my right knee.

Out of the game my sons - non extension, non load bearing Ottawa fail big time. I'm going MCL, but no direct twisting involved - jogged 20 yards on a flat pavement. I blame issue Hi Tecs.

Stuffed it, big time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    It's hard reading the screen on my phone just now 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Piccies for an injured hero or it never happened.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    The piccies he was looking at on his phone screen that made it go hard?
  • Matthewfalle
    Am going to use all 17 years of med experience now and try to start the recuperation process for my knee.

I think a cold beer and a choc ice may work for starters.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

It was some new tax legislation.

Phhhhwwwooooaaarr - non res dom tax breaks.... look at the non financing of emergency public sector services caused by them....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Phhhhwwwooooaaarr - non res dom tax breaks.... look at the non financing of emergency public sector services caused by them....
    Could be that, or it could be Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbot. We all know how excited he gets about them.
  • Matthewfalle
    Diane Abbott's norks.

Now you can never unsee it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just found in my fridge, bizarrely, an alcoholic ginger beer.

Now it's in my tummy.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Just found in my fridge, bizarrely, an alcoholic ginger beer.

Now it's in my tummy.

Not a win as good as this, but a call to the electricity board complaining about the state they left some trees in after they had trimmed them away from the wires has resulted in £100 combo and they are now tidying them up and taking out another tree foc :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Have just bought some Birra Morretti so I can pretend I am in Italy in the sun with TDNFNATN and not in clip state Alpha in my back garden.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:

It was some new tax legislation.

Some active imaginations here - the sun was shining on my phone as I was getting a few rays in Regents Park and making it tricky to read :)
  • Matthewfalle
    I am in too much pain to even have the traditional cure to all ills - a bag of frozen peas - on my knee.

I think that this time I have well and truly stuffed it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.