Negative progress: Kit advances that aren't

124»

Comments

• Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    Pinno wrote:
    Razors with more and more blades that offer lubrication and less irritation but last about 5 minutes then are as blunt as a nuns .......

I used to get at least 2 weeks out of a blade a decade ago. Now I go through a few a week. Utter sh1t

I've still got my Gillette Sensor with lubra strip. It's only got 2 blades. What pi$$es me off is that the blades are the same price as the 4 and 5 job malarkley's. It's cheaper to buy a new razor including 5 replacement blades than a pack of 10 blades for the Sensor.
    W@nkers the lot of them.

I use an old fashioned safety razor - nice and hefty razor, 100 blades for £8, really nice shave, slows everything down in the morning to the pace that it should be. When used with a bowl of shaving soap and a badger haired brush well rocks.

All that Gillette, etc, stuff just sums up modern day living: way overpriced, disposable and designed to rush you through what should be a relaxing part of the day so that you can rush onto the next thing and onto the next thing and the next thing without actually taking time out to savour the world your family and friends and what's important.

I suppose you could say the same about power meters and all that crap: designed to take the sheer pleasure out of something as easy/hard as riding your bicycle and technologise it all: why make things simple, eh guys 'n' gals......

This. I switched to a Merkur safety razor about 3 or 4 years ago. £35 for the razor and £6 for a sample pack of blades and I still have some of them left. It gives a far better shave too, takes a bit longer but I like to think of it as pampering now instead of a chore. I'd love to use a straight razor but I don't trust my shaky hands!
  • First.Aspect
    First.Aspect Posts: 14,617
    Pinno wrote:
    I just use whatever the OH has got. Sometimes I smell quite fruity.
    However, my bristle's are as tough as Elephant grass and any old soap won't do. Disposables are fine but sometimes you get the odd one that ain't quite right...

A lot of things irk you MF. Malta irk's you.
    Wishaw would doubly irk you and Cumbernauld would make you irked for a year.
    Its more likely that MF would irk Wishaw and Cumbernauld. With the big end of a snapped snooker cue in one hand, a sock full of snooker balls in the other and a bag full of hyperdermics filled with ebolaids trailing slowly behind him

FTFY
    Ah, you know the area quite well, I see.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    I just use whatever the OH has got. Sometimes I smell quite fruity.
    However, my bristle's are as tough as Elephant grass and any old soap won't do. Disposables are fine but sometimes you get the odd one that ain't quite right...

A lot of things irk you MF. Malta irk's you.
    Wishaw would doubly irk you and Cumbernauld would make you irked for a year.
    Its more likely that MF would irk Wishaw and Cumbernauld. With the big end of a snapped snooker cue in one hand, a sock full of snooker balls in the other and a bag full of hyperdermics filled with ebolaids trailing slowly behind him

FTFY
    Ah, you know the area quite well, I see.

We were going to use it for FIBUA training a couple of years but when we got there it looked like someone had done it over already so we left.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.