'ning

office, maybe; coffee, for sure

must do my expenses
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Morning folks,
    Quite a pleasant wobble in to work this morning. A tad fresh, but sunny with no mist or fog.
    Twiddling my thumbs for a moment whilst I wait for the influx that is imminent. My big customer from down under has been caught out with the clocks changing so his order won't be with me for another 20 minutes and I've got someone coming in to collect the parts to build the most expensive MG Midget ever at 10.30.
    Today being Wednesday I will of course be going to the pub later.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    oxoman wrote:
    ...you don't need your expenses surely you can manage without and do it for the love of the job.

it's necessary to be ruthless about these things, more for globalmegacorp or more for me, easy decision!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Just having coffee and something to eat then going to do some weights, today will be hanging with the Bambini coupled with a few rubbish jobs, but priority is them not killing each other yet still having a laugh.

Re expenses: claim, claim and claim again. Why not? If you weren't doing work stuff you wouldn't be spending the money. We get travel and subsistence and some people don't claim it: I say why would I not claim it?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Group meeting/dinner/wine session last night and it appears we have found a chalet for next seasons skiing.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just finished watching double bill of Horrible Histories.

Now to weights.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    MG's are shyte.

Morning evelybody peeps

Off with OH's sister to soft play area soon :D . So it's a bit like sweet and sour.
    Taking pics of OH's sister's cleavage in a soft play area is just a touch risky but i'll try my best.

Where tf is everbody?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Working from home as the wife has got my car again

Works out well as I got a run in this morning and we are off to the theatre later to watch the kids in something, which means I won't have to mow the lawns again - thankfully
  • Matthewfalle
    Blimey - that's been hectic this morning hasn't it?

Time for coffee then I'm going out for al walk with The Hound in the sun with some more coffee all paid for by Imposter.

He's also paid for me to sort a bit more of Dirk this morning as well, so for that I give him props.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    MG's are shyte.
    Indeed. But I've got to earn a living somehow.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    MG's are shyte.

MG Gloria 1935, (BS, before they was shite) what's wiv the twin su's, different sizes and 90degree rotation, Mr V68?

DSC05064.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    MG's are shyte.

Makes sense to supply parts for a car that breaks frequently, like doing replacement panels for Lancia Betas.

Anyway, afternoon etc, not much occurring at all today, usual drivel in the office cloudy an dull out. More details have been given on the replacement drinks machine, its going to have a range of fruit teas to replace the coffee, so now if you want one you have to go to the canteen an pay double what the machine cost was for exactly the same thing. Meh aeropress it is.
  • veronese68
    team47b wrote:
    MG Gloria 1935, (BS, before they was shite) what's wiv the twin su's, different sizes and 90degree rotation, Mr V68?
    The Gloria was made by Triumph. Strange carb set up that. The engine looks the same as the one in the Morgan a bloke round the corner from me has, that just has a single downdraught carb though.
    Not enough Lancia Betas left to make any money on parts for them Step. MGs may be dull, but they are plentiful.
  • WFH, and decided a stroll to the pub at lunchtime. Need a little sleep now.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Veronese68 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    The Gloria was made by Triumph.

Just testing ya! :D

DSC05063.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Fair point on the betas, they all rusted away, speaking of motoring oddities. Past week or so ive had a steering problem, roughly quarter lock each way goes quite stiff an loosens just after, much faffing from my local many with spanners has found the problem.

Some moron designed a drainage channel to deposit its waste directly onto the UJ on the steering intermediate shaft, Bar the labour charge which isn't too much the cost of the fix, £2.50 for a piece of L shaped drainage pipe to divert the water away, and a load of oil to lubricate the joint. All very strange but if it works I don't care.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Evening expense account abusers,

Long-ish day getting ahead of the game on the year end numbers. Left the bean counters to it. Off home now for a cider or two while following the footy.

Working from home tomorrow so a lie in is on the cards :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Step83 wrote:

Makes sense to supply parts for a car that breaks frequently, like doing replacement panels for Lancia Betas.

http://www.alfaholics.com

These are the guys I use for a lot of my bits (especially trick race bits) - there's no shortage of money to be spent especially because the value of these cars has shot up (in fact, if I knew what mine was now worth, I wouldn't dare race it). Check out the prices of some of the GTA-R cars they do. I'm sure Brexit exchange rate has done them no harm at all.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    evenin' all. Fully fledged taxpayer here.

Think i wangled a part time job for the missus. Colnago Master here I come.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:

Stevo'll fix it for you to pay for that with tax refunds :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    You Star. My missus has a part time job.

I haven't got that Sarto Seta yet, so good luck with the 'Master' plan.

Have you seen MF?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:

You Star. My missus has a part time job.
    I haven't got that Sarto Seta yet, so good luck with the 'Master' plan.

Have you seen MF?
  • Matthewfalle
    I'm here - had to go out but now at home having a beer and a sausage bap. Soooo tired think I may die from tired.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Felt like crap on the ride home tonight. I think I may have caught consumption, or one of those other things that they used to get before they knew stuff.

Talking of Tax refunds and stuff. The greek burd from work (the one with the short skirt up to her hoohaa) is now sat in front of me (at work, not at home). She's some kinda tax person. She took Haribo from the bag that I bought.
  • Stevo_666
    Garry H wrote:
    Felt like crap on the ride home tonight. I think I may have caught consumption, or one of those other things that they used to get before they knew stuff.

Talking of Tax refunds and stuff. The greek burd from work (the one with the short skirt up to her hoohaa) is now sat in front of me (at work, not at home). She's some kinda tax person. She took Haribo from the bag that I bought.
    We need pics.
  • Garry H
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

We need pics.

Funny you should say that. I acccidentally turned camera on this afternoon and thought "should I?", then imagined the headline in the local rag...
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:

What - like gout and stuff they use s to treat with leeches and horse poo?

Sounds like modern medicine in and around Merthyr....

Tell Greek bird it's tradition in the U.K. That for every Haribo we get a picture of her norks. What could go wrong?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:

So, the implication is that you give her a bag of Haribo, she can twiddle your tax for you. Then, buy her one of those large bucket jobs. More chance of getting that Master than hoping Mrs GH is going to fork out for one.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

So, the implication is that you give her a bag of Haribo, she can twiddle your tax for you. Then, buy her one of those large bucket jobs. More chance of getting that Master than hoping Mrs GH is going to fork out for one.

Nah, I'll pay for the Master out of my own money. Two months should do it.

She'll need to pay the mortgage and feed the kids out of hers. Job done.
  • Garry H
    What - like gout and stuff they use s to treat with leeches and horse poo?

Sounds like modern medicine in and around Merthyr....

Tell Greek bird it's tradition in the U.K. That for every Haribo we get a picture of her norks. What could go wrong?

Yes, exactly like that. It's not one of these new fangled things like Aids or that Ebola carry on that was in all the papers.

I can see most of her norks already.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - if it's not the ebolaids then just sit in a bucket of wee for a day or so and you'll be fine.

So long as the you avoid the filth strewn streets of Ebbw Vale then you may survive.

So - norks and foo coo eh .... you still got that job going?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.