friday is not as it seems

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,328
    fat daddy wrote:
    is it possible to win this game?
    I suspect you know the answer to this question, the rest of us do. You will fill up the entire internet if you carry on.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,692
    Anyways, nice 50 this morning, including headwinds and forced diversion up nasty wee extra hill by road closure. PC manning the block despite being a cyclist was immune to my negotiating skills. Good chat about bikes and stuff failed to gain me permission to wheel past the scene: "you really don't want to go past that, there's nasty stuff on the road".

And called in past LBS to organise a test ride on a new Synapse, current potential n+1. Happy days.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Oh ok then, I'll go and have some coffee and a curry. Real ones though, not virtual. Or made up.

As an aside, I managed to make it home in one piece on my bi-cycle with tubulars tyres and deep rim wheels. Phew. And that was even on real roads!!!!!!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    fat daddy wrote:
    I am quite enjoying feeding the monkey

I used to have a dog when I was a kid that would sit at the top of the stairs and roll a ball down them at me ... I would pick the ball up and throw it to her, she would catch it and roll it down again.

being a kid I had an almost endless amount of disposable time (and Zwift hadn't been invented) so I occasionally tried to see if she would ever get bored of the game and I would keep playing

she never ever gave up, I didn't once beat her, it was just the same repetitive motion, throw the ball, catch, roll .. wash rinse repeat.

Its like that with the MF ... he just doesnt ever stop ... its almost therapeutic, I cant help myself, just one more reply, just one more reply .... is it possible to win this game or will his little pea brain just endure and endure ?

No. You will never win because one day you will suddenly see the light and realize that not only am I THE LORD OF TECHNOLOGY but that I am always right.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - and thank you all for paying for my coffee, curry and general can't be bothered-ness today.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

nina_get_building_titles.jpg

Isn't she lush?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:

Isn't she lush?

FAKE ALERT!!!!!!!
  • Matthewfalle
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Isn't she lush?

FAKE ALERT!!!!!!!

Totes negatron - my mate who works at The White House told me that GCHQ had confirmed that she was a real person, not a virtual person. And a neurologist to boot.

Isn't she lush? We will be together one day.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Funny that, coz my pal "Doris" from GCHQ says she has a 'degree' in acting from Queen Margaret Uni in Edinburgh, and that she couldn't tell her brain from her elbow.

Anyways, good news Matthew munn, I've got the pizzas in for after the game tomorrow!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    WTF is happening today? I spent the day working (!), I leave you all alone for one day and you misbehave, now upstairs, do your homework and think about what you have done to that poor new kid! Off to bed, no wine or beer tonight for you m'laddy!

Don't even think about starting on me today, just not in the mood, I can find out where you live and I am armed :D

But on a cheerful note the roof is back! Not virtually but actually, it has ridge tiles, it is watertight, not that I can properly test this theory until October...

6DBE4479-CE67-4628-9CA6-F13B12321D94.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Garry H
    team47b wrote:
    WTF is happening today? I spent the day working (!), I leave you all alone for one day and you misbehave, now upstairs, do your homework and think about what you have done to that poor new kid! Off to bed, no wine or beer tonight for you m'laddy!

Don't even think about starting on me today, just not in the mood, I can find out where you live and I am armed :D

But on a cheerful note the roof is back! Not virtually but actually, it has ridge tiles, it is watertight, not that I can properly test this theory until October...

6DBE4479-CE67-4628-9CA6-F13B12321D94.jpg

Bring it over here, I can test it for you straight away!

Then I'll smash it up with a hammer and chuck it into next door's garden
  • team47b
    :D

The next door neighbour's garden is full of Matthew's cast off bikes :D
  • Garry H
    team47b wrote:

What did you do with the wood from the old roof, firewood? Do you have a fire in that there foreignland?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,360
    team47b wrote:
    WTF is happening today? I spent the day working (!), I leave you all alone for one day and you misbehave,

Wasnae me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    WTF is happening today? I spent the day working (!), I leave you all alone for one day and you misbehave,

Wasnae me.

Aye up! Wots weather like now over there?
  • pinno
    F*cking shyte and cold.

Was going to pedal but it was too shyte. If it was mild and dry like Monday, I would have gone out. Instead I did some work and then fell asleep. Now i'm in that post snooze time warp. What year is it?
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    F*cking shyte and cold.

Was going to pedal but it was too shyte. If it was mild and dry like Monday, I would have gone out. Instead I did some work and then fell asleep. Now i'm in that post snooze time warp. What year is it?
    Nineteencanteen.

Had same day as you, except I went to ikea, twice. Will I ever get to test my two new pairs of shades?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    F*cking shyte and cold.

Was...it?
    Nineteencanteen.

Had same day as you, except I went to ikea, twice. Will I ever get to test my two new pairs of shades?

Ah, that's it - you and your frikkin shades. The weather is all your fault.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    F*cking shyte and cold.

Was...it?
    Nineteencanteen.

You recommended them! Might go back to screwfix and get the clear lense version...
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    F*cking shyte and cold.

Was...it?
    Nineteencanteen.

You recommended them! Might go back to screwfix and get the clear lense version...

You can't blame it all on me - didn't you buy some mad Andy Hampsten Oakley's as well?
  • Garry H
    Yes, I did. They're sunday best though, to be worn with my La Vie Claire Retro jersey. I really need those matching shorts now. I am da biz!
  • team47b
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:

What did you do with the wood from the old roof, firewood? Do you have a fire in that there foreignland?

Kept the good bits, some will go on the wood burner next winter, as it's too warm for a fire now :wink:
  • Garry H
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Kept the good bits, some will go on the wood burner next winter, as it's too warm for a fire now :wink:
    You just can't help yourself can you...
  • team47b
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:

You just can't help yourself can you...

I only said warm.

I didn't mention cloud free, no wind and 24c, or the empty roads or the smoooooth tarmac and lack of potholes and the...tbc :wink:
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    team47b wrote:

Kept...you...

...the smoooooth tarmac and lack of potholes...

Liar.
  • Garry H
    I'll have to take your word for it, it's been a while since I visited Porthmadoc.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    I'll have to take your word for it, it's been a while since I visited Porthmadoc.

I couldn't imagine 2 so distinctly different places...

Oh yes I could - Feb 2014 I went to the Camp Nou and watched Barca play Valencia in a packed stadium. 2 weeks later, I watched Stranraer play Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup (attendance 426).
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Oh yes I could - Feb 2014 I went to the Camp Nou and watched Barca play Valencia in a packed stadium. 2 weeks later, I watched Stranraer play Stirling Albion in the Scottish Cup (attendance 426).
    Isn't that where he emigrated to?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Isn't that where he emigrated to?

No. Keep up mate - Morocco.

How tf did you get to 4000 + posts and you still know jack sh1t about anyone?
  • Garry H
    Soz, actually thought he was in Portugal.

I'm worried about Matthew.