friday is not as it seems

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    second note as I shift more work onto the team (stevo would call them minions but I am a better master) going to get my shoes painted;

had originally thought of going with racing gulf colours,
    then I thought, this guy has talent, how about the le mans red, Singer Porsche coming out of the mountains

now I am onto greek and roman gods/mythology - thinking this is the best yet given I have a classics degree but no Porsche
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    Again, unfortunately we don't care. .

what makes you think I care that you don't care ???

Ultimately you trudge out of BB and ruin many peoples threads .... its only fair we come over here and ruin your threads about clubbies

infact now I know you don't care ..... I might do it more often

I don't care that you don't care that he doesn't care (and none of the rest care).

Oh and BTW - the whole of BB is a derailing exercise, so fill yer boots.

@ Flan. As a one time regular frequenter of the Cheltenham festival and many little known mid week meetings, as you are a casual punter, the only advice I can give is follow either:

A stable that is doing well or
    A jockey that's doing well.

...and both preferably.

Without studying form, you can work the 'system'. The system is 1,1,2,4,7. You choose the favourite. You place 1 or 10 or 100 or 1000 on the favourite and if it doesn't come in, you do the same. If it doesn't come in, do the same on the 3rd bet - except 2 x what you put on the 1st and 2nd horses. If that doesn't come in, 4 x and then again, if no result - 7 x.
    The odds of a flat favourite coming in is 27%. A NH horse favourite - 29%.
    The system is simply playing on the odds of the chances of a favourite coming in, except - there's not much payback unless you put large sums on due to the 'short odds'

Here is a fun method. Low chances of success but high payout.

Each way accumulator.

Place £5 (which is a £10 stake as you are going for an each way placing).

Pick the 1st and second favourite from 4 races.
    Then pick the 2nd and 1st favourite from 4 races (it can be the same 4 races)

Accumulator 1:

Race 1, Horse A (favourite for that race)
    Race 2. Horse B (Second favourite for that race)
    Race 3. Horse A (favourite for that race)
    Race 4. Horse B (Second favourite for that race)

Accumulator 1:

Race 1, Horse B (Second favourite for that race)
    Race 2. Horse A (favourite for that race)
    Race 3. Horse B (Second favourite for that race)
    Race 4. Horse A (favourite for that race)

Accumulator 3. 'The 'long shot'

Race 1. 3rd favourite
    Race 2. 3rd favourite.... etc

Total cost of running 3 accumulators £30.

Or, take a complete gamble. Mix the 12 horses you picked and place them on 3 different lines.
    The other beauty is that you are taking all the indecision out of the process and then once you've placed your bet(s), you can sit back and watch it all unfold, knowing you haven't forked out much money in the first instance and that potentially, you could make a fortune - although the chances are slim but better than chucking £x 'on the nose' because tobefair sounds good and how romantic that would be if that horse came in. If you think about that, what actual, rational basis did you put money on that horse?

It's a long shot but much fun because you can have multiple tickets running but you're not paying out much money. In an each way accumulator, the 'winnings' are carried over for up to 4th place. However, be wary of payouts to 4th place as these races contain fields of more than 18 horses - difficult to pick a winner.... and 4th place can be 1/5th the odds, so not much is being 'carried over'.

Putting a speculative £50 on a horse 'cos the horse has a name that sounds good, is madness and playing into the bookies hands. Bet with your head, not your heart.

Sorry Pinno - can you run through that again please.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,684
    Ahhh...slagging matches with communters. Just like the good ol' days :)

Working from home today but having to deal with too much crap for my liking. Think I'll stop for a coffee and some lunch soon. Hopefully my car will be sorted soon. As I'm headed up North tomorrow and over to Wales on Sunday evening - although the weather is looking particularly pants there for Monday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Cat C. Wow. That's almost but not quite utterly shite.

perhaps that's what I am aiming for ... after all if you don't win at CAT a/b level its always because the turbo lost connection, or someone is cheating, or the di2 stopped working ..... when you loose at cat C, its just because everyone else was better .... its an easier life

Why are you turbo training?

I enjoy playing zwift and I can do it whilst looking after my kid. After she is up etc, then I can leave the house,

Go and do some real miles.

I will ...there is club ride this Tuesday morning 7am .. you should come along

we just aren't freakin' boring

"we"???? .... the others might not be but your posts indicate other wise ..... For someone so opinionated, you don't seem to know that much do you ?
  • fat daddy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ahhh...slagging matches with communters. Just like the good ol' days :).

I am a pro-munter ... one of bristols finest, worship my quads !
  • Matthewfalle
    fat daddy wrote:

perhaps that's what I am aiming for ... after all if you don't win at CAT a/b level its always because the turbo lost connection, or someone is cheating, or the di2 stopped working ..... when you loose at cat C, its just because everyone else was better .... its an easier life

I enjoy playing zwift and I can do it whilst looking after my kid. After she is up etc, then I can leave the house,

"we"???? .... the others might not be but your posts indicate other wise ..... For someone so opinionated, you don't seem to know that much do you ?

What - you're aiming for shite? Wow - you're good - to have achieved your goal early on in your career. Well done. Have a GCSE and some benefits payments.

So you're leaving your sprig to play at cycling computer games and still achieving mid cat c? Hmmmmm, that's good parental care. Well done that man.

Seriously? I couldn't think of anything worse. A bunch of fat Cat 3 lads at 7 in the morning going really slow in matching clothes going hypo because none of have eaten. I deal with enough idiots on a day to day basis at work, I don't need to add you and your club of imbeciles to the list.

Dude - I've forgotten more than you know. Compared to you I'm a waterfall of knowledge. Just the fact that you're posting about missing meals to go riding shows that you know naff all about nutrition and recovery. In actual fact it's worrying that your clubbies mates are condoning this.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    fat daddy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Pro-munter' I like that :) But no way am I worshipping another blokes quads. Laura Kenny's quads, maybe...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    fat daddy wrote:

Hang on - so you're cat shite on the turbo computer game? So you're not even cat shite on the road? So you've never raced on the road/track?

Seriously?

Oh flippin' ell, someone please tell me this isn't so.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

'Pro-munter' I like that :) But no way am I worshipping another blokes quads. Laura Kenny's quads, maybe...
    they are a trap mate
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

they are a trap mate
    I'd like to fall into those traps. Or maybe between them.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,355
    fat daddy wrote:
    I'd appreciate that .. you sure there is no design ?? .... it might be like the universe and God created it and has a plan ?
    No, you're thinking of Brexit. That phucktard Davis doesn't need to have a plan or need to do any research because god is on his side.
  • Flâneur
    I heard the south was going to leave, Be handy, get most of the good roads without people like Stevo ruining them
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,355
    Flâneur wrote:
    road racing is full of *****, stick to racing (badly) my cx and mtb
    You really should take my Battle on the Beach place. You can race your CX or MTB.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    I heard the south was going to leave, Be handy, get most of the good roads without people like Stevo ruining them
    We'll take Wales with us and all will be well with me.
  • fat daddy
    What - you're aiming for shite?

I am aiming for the best I can be .... if that just happens to be shite then so be it, I can cope with loads of people being better than me, there are 7billion people in this world, I would be a fool to think that a mere hour a day of exercise will amount to anything more

So you're leaving your sprig to play at cycling computer games

damn you are slow its easier explaining stuff to P.E teachers .. I am playing computer games so I DONT leave my kid, if I was leaving my kid I would cycle outdoors, I go on the turbo until she is up and off to school .. dumbass :roll:

matching clothes

again ... you don't know what you are talking about. You join in with one club, realise that no one likes you very much, get all sulky and moan continually about it on the internet where you can pretend to be a big man ..... the reality is, some clubs are just a bunch of people that turn up to put the miles in and chat and eat cake

I deal with enough idiots on a day to day basis at work, I don't need to add you and your club of imbeciles to the list.

eh ? .. you don't deal with me, what ?

the fact that you're posting about missing meals to go riding shows

I don't miss meals to go cycling, I eat the meal AFTER I have cycled. Dang to eating that time in the morning and then cycling ..... and really, I had dinner, I went to sleep, there is MORE than enough glycogen in my legs to a couple of hours before I need breakfast.

In actual fact it's worrying that your clubbies mates are condoning this.

Wouldn't know, generally speaking we don't start a ride talking about who had breakfast ... its 7am, it wouldn't surprise me if several of them hadn't eaten
  • fat daddy
    Hang on - so you're cat shite on the turbo computer game?

and he finally catches up .. congratulations, what was it that gave it away .. the word Zwift ? ... turbo ? ... you know if you actually read what people typed instead of just blundering in spouting off, you might actually have something worthwhile to add

So you're not even cat shite on the road? So you've never raced on the road/track?

oh god no, and I have no intention of doing so .... hell I am even sh1te at watching it on TV .. I know what Chris froome looks like, I don't even own a pair of bibshorts .. that's how serious I am about it
  • Matthewfalle
    fat daddy wrote:
    Hang on - so you're cat shite on the turbo computer game?

and he finally catches up .. congratulations, what was it that gave it away .. the word Zwift ? ... turbo ? ... you know if you actually read what people typed instead of just blundering in spouting off, you might actually have something worthwhile to add

So you're not even cat shite on the road? So you've never raced on the road/track?

oh god no, and I have no intention of doing so .... hell I am even sh1te at watching it on TV .. I know what Chris froome looks like, I don't even own a pair of bibshorts .. that's how serious I am about it

So you ride to work and on a computer game and you reckon that you're Cat shite?

Mate, you need to get a life before you go blabbering away. I presume you bought your bike from the local Trade O' Rama as well?

Computer game racing. Love it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy

So you ride to work and on a computer game

and with a club :shock: .. and with mates ...and with my kid ... and sometimes I hit the trails at Afan and Cwmcarn on one of those bouncy bikes

Computer game racing. Love it.

its just like regular online computer gaming, but instead of wiggling your fingers you wiggle your legs
  • Matthewfalle
    Is your club a real club or a computer game as well? I can see it now - UCI Clubbie 2017 for the nerd station-with free mudguards, a book of advice to give to an ex Cat 1 real racer and advice on crap parental skills. Available at HMV, Tesco and Blockbuster.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    As an aside, do you tell everyone at work that you race bi-cycles without telling that it's actually a computer game and not real racing?

I suppose it's a bit like Geoff down the road saying that he's a deep sea diver when all he does is wash his hair by sticking his head under the water in the bath.....

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    define "real" club

its in real life and we go out on real roads and we have real cake afterwards

BUT

there is no club kit you have to wear, you can ride what you like, you don't have to have helmet, you don't have to pay any money, some rides are MTB/cyclocross
  • fat daddy
    As an aside, do you tell everyone at work that you race bi-cycles without telling that it's actually a computer game and not real racing?

:mrgreen: heh .. .no they know its a computer game , bit hard to have prejudice against it though when they play online computer games like CoD ... oh and they don't pretend they are real military either, they are aware its a computer game
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    fat daddy wrote:
    define "real" club

its in real life and we go out on real roads and we have real cake afterwards

BUT

there is no club kit you have to wear, you can ride what you like, you don't have to have helmet, you don't have to pay any money, some rides are MTB/cyclocross

Sounds like mine. Turn up in what we like go pedalling places come back to the LBS that has a coffee shop attached and sample much cake.
  • Matthewfalle
    fat daddy wrote:
    define "real" club s

There are real people there. You know, life carbon based life forms.

I'm not talking about you bi-cycling With Rimmer, but like real people on real bi-cycles.

If there are really real people there, do they pretend that they racers as well because they play at a computer game?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    fat daddy wrote:

:mrgreen: heh .. .no they know its a computer game , bit hard to have prejudice against it though when they play online computer games like CoD ... oh and they don't pretend they are real military either, they are aware its a computer game

Blimey, the estate agency you work at sounds a barrel of fun.

And are you sure that they are sure that it's only a computer game? Generally these people don't realise that and believe that they are the second man on the balconey..

Much like you and your computer game really.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fat daddy
    man you don't give up do you ... you are like one of those little dogs that no matter how much you shake off your leg they keep trying to hump it ... although secretly everyone likes the little humping dogs, where as everyone thinks you are a knob

I hope they do realise its a computer game I have shown them the clips of it ... perhaps to them a computer avatar of someone in lycra actually looks like a real person in lycra ...... they do all drive to work so I guess they don't look at cyclists much !

The best bit about it though, is even though its a computer game, the social side of it means you can have online clubs and race teams ..... heh on-line clubbies ... just think out there there are whole groups of people that virtually wouldn't like you as well as the real clubbies that didn't like you
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,423
    @FD. Don't bite. Do not respond. It's like rattling the monkey's cage. Do not feed him bananas.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,423
    @MF. FFS, find something to do - I hate it when you are bored.

Here boy, good boy, easy now...

Good lad, here's a treat for you and then you'll put the teeth away and go all warm and fuzzy inside. Just hang on a mo....

nina_get_building_titles.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • fat daddy
    I am quite enjoying feeding the monkey

I used to have a dog when I was a kid that would sit at the top of the stairs and roll a ball down them at me ... I would pick the ball up and throw it to her, she would catch it and roll it down again.

being a kid I had an almost endless amount of disposable time (and Zwift hadn't been invented) so I occasionally tried to see if she would ever get bored of the game and I would keep playing

she never ever gave up, I didn't once beat her, it was just the same repetitive motion, throw the ball, catch, roll .. wash rinse repeat.

Its like that with the MF ... he just doesnt ever stop ... its almost therapeutic, I cant help myself, just one more reply, just one more reply .... is it possible to win this game or will his little pea brain just endure and endure ?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    @MF. FFS, find something to do - I hate it when you are bored.

Here boy, good boy, easy now...

Good lad, here's a treat for you and then you'll put the teeth away and go all warm and fuzzy inside. Just hang on a mo....
    Someone start a war and give him some bloody work to do.