Strade Bianche 2017 *Spoilers*

Comments

• salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Brian Smith ripping the camera bike, with good reason
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Brian Smith ripping the camera bike, with good reason

It moved back to the inside, then nearly took him out on a corner...
  • bobmcstuff
    1.6km, 28s lead and on the climb...
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Is Michael Kwiatkowski related to former world champion Michal Kwiatkowski?
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Great ride by Kwia!
    GVA has had a good 8 days too.
  • salsiccia1
    The Flower is back. That's a great win.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Great ride from Kwia.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Is Michael Kwiatkowski related to former world champion Michal Kwiatkowski?
    :shock: :D
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Class ride
  • He looks burst
  • salsiccia1
    Oh, 3 for 3 on PTP so far 8)
  • milton50
    Can you imagine if it had been a sprint finish on those wet pavings? Sketchy.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    Well deserved win that, went a long way out and looked pretty safe with 10k still to go.
  • milton50
    Pinot in 9th. Good effort.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    Best way to answer all the witch hunters.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Is there are better looking final km?

Good to see Scott Thwaites get into top ten
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Oh, 3 for 3 on PTP so far 8)

Oh YOU!!!

Sooper ride by Little Flower. Panachetastic
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    So did anyone see the attack that got him away? Was in an add break and I never saw it repeated.
  • imatfaal
    33088429952_e7f0a8ce04_b.jpg
  • FoldingJoe
    FoldingJoe Posts: 1,327
    Went for Kwia over Sagan in a heart v head. Always follow your heart. :)
    Little boy to Obama: "My Dad says that you read all our emails"
    Obama to little boy: "He's not your real Dad"

Kona Honky Tonk for sale: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40090&t=13000807
  • imatfaal
    So did anyone see the attack that got him away? Was in an add break and I never saw it repeated.

It was a slow grind away - he pulled across road and lifted tempo (as he and stybar had been doing alot) and for once stybar seemed fed up of always closing gap without help so MK just carried on riding. by the time stybar had help there was a gap and MK seemed to have just a bit more will.

btw - the commentary free stream on eurosport player has two huge benefits; no f-ing calton kirby and no advert breaks. you really have to concentrate to know what is what - but frankly I am better at spotting riders than CK anyway
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    imatfaal wrote:

It was a slow grind away - he pulled across road and lifted tempo (as he and stybar had been doing alot) and for once stybar seemed fed up of always closing gap without help so MK just carried on riding. by the time stybar had help there was a gap and MK seemed to have just a bit more will.

btw - the commentary free stream on eurosport player has two huge benefits; no f-ing calton kirby and no advert breaks. you really have to concentrate to know what is what - but frankly I am better at spotting riders than CK anyway

Cheers. Saw plenty of slow-burn attacks like that earlier, you're right.

The no-ad Eurosport sounds good, but I'm in Denmark, so get decent commentary anyway :-) When it's on TV2 it's even better, Rolf Sørensen is superb.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    So how do you get the commentary/ad free feed on EP?
    Half man, Half bike
  • bobmcstuff
    Ridgerider wrote:
    So how do you get the commentary/ad free feed on EP?

On the app/browser - look through the list of channels, there's the usual ES1, ES2, but further down they usually have the raw feeds from the broadcasters (obviously ES don't film and broadcast the event themselves - they take the footage from the race organiser and rebroadcast it with their own commentary). I guess they figure since they have bought the rights already they may as well broadcast the feed so people can watch it when it's not yet started on the main channel.

During the grand tours they also sometimes have direct feeds from the different motos and helicopters, which is a really cool way of livening up a boring race!
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Cheers.

Had noticed the UCI feed in the list, but had not tried it.
    Half man, Half bike
  • imatfaal
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Cheers.

Had noticed the UCI feed in the list, but had not tried it.

You sometimes need to have a bit of patience as the feed doesn't seem to load straight away - but once it gets going it is as reliable as the noisy one
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    I've not seen mention of Scott Thwaites's 10th place. Another good ride from maybe Britain's most underrated cyclist.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    RichN95 wrote:
    I've not seen mention of Scott Thwaites's 10th place. Another good ride from maybe Britain's most underrated cyclist.

I was already agog at Luke Durbo's result. When T'Thwaites came in I went even more agog. Seeing as everything has gone mental, perhaps I might go for Remy Di Gregorio for the win in P-N?
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Cracking finale to the women's race, that
    It was great, wasn't it? The camera bike got a bit caught out by it!
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Kirby is absolute brain damage!

Stop saying "Turbo Durbo!!!!" :x
    He's been watching too much Backstage Pass...
    Carlton barely pays attention to the cycling he's commentating on, so I find it hard to imagine he watches any in his spare time.
  • bobmcstuff
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I was already agog at Luke Durbo's result. When T'Thwaites came in I went even more agog. Seeing as everything has gone mental, perhaps I might go for Remy Di Gregorio for the win in P-N?

I really wanted Durbridge and Juul Jensen to pull something off there (obviously didn't really think either could win or anything) - I actually do watch too much backstage pass and Juul Jensen comes across really well. He did well to bridge across today and looked like he was suffering a lot, good ride I think.