It's Wednesday and no one here is getting out alive.

Garry H
Garry H Posts: 6,639
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
Bonjewer peeps.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao bellino.

Brrrrrrrrrr - so cold and wet. Hissing down. Stuff that bi-cycling business for a laugh.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Oh - Garry: Dydd Gwyl Dewi Hapus!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    New arival delivered safe and sound yesterday at 4.50pm and CRC are due to deliver in a day or two.

I know why I don't have a dog, their shit stinks! At least our cat has the good manners to bury his in next doors flower bed rather than leaving it on the path.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Great news hd

Work meh in full swing as it's the start of the month
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Congrats HD, enjoy many years of getting the little one nice and hyper before handing back to the parents and wandering off knowing you can have an uninterrupted night's kip.
    Busy this morning as it's a new month so all the account customers are putting big orders in after holding off towards the end of Feb. Drove in today as I have to take the girl to physio later and my continuing man flu has left me as weak as HD's new grandchild. I feel unwell enough that I'm considering giving the pub a miss, but beer is medicinal isn't it.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Looks like its going to be a staring out of the window with my leg up kind of a day. Was going to do a pensioner trip to the cinema to see lion but it aint on today. Might do some zwift if i can be bothered to go round that flippin volcano again....
  • Matthewfalle
    FFS - 30 mins of hectic "discussion" to sort out one minor thing.

You don't have to be mad to work but it helps.

Anyone fancy a pint?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • homers_double
    TLW1 wrote:
    Great news hd

Cheers TL, I've been waiting for ages for them to come into stock and when they hit only one was showing so I managed to order it in time!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Is it safe to say congrats to HD now? I'm still not entirely sure his reverent tone wasn't relating to a new bike being delivered.

Edit, it's not safe.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Congrats on the delivery from CRC. I'm sure that is what he was concerned for? The grandchild will only dent his bike and ski spending money as the wife spoils him/her.

A day of work and yelling at people
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    In all seriousness (wut...) thank you all. He arrived safe and sound after a planned C section and is doing fine along with his mum.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    T'noon, HD surely that means you can *wet the babies head (*drink several crates of beer)

Congratulations though you can now look after a child but give it back when things get a bit smelly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    A Grandad at 32!! That's some going.

Me doing feck all me. Had a good pedal this morning. Started off chilly then got warmer. I've had far too many coffees today.
    Must do some stuff that needs to doing but cba doing the stuff. Stuff it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    A Grandad at 32!! That's some going.

Me doing feck all me. Had a good pedal this morning. Started off chilly then got warmer. I've had far too many coffees today.
    Must do some stuff that needs to doing but cba doing the stuff. Stuff it.

Laters.

Cripes I'm older an not even got any kids, young folk these days
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    'noon

semi-productive day, wfh, cafe trips

significant achievements...

collecting up all my new/used tubs and checking them...
    - one to bin as the tube got stuck together by sealant, my fault, but grrr all the same
    - one to repair
    - surprised to find umpteen, 6-8 maybe, i had already repaired, pressure tested them all at 10bar to check
    - seven or eight new and unused
    ...which at current retail is over a grand's worth, maybe i should get a tub safe

also noticed brake pads on commute bike were approaching lethally thin, fitted new ones

what a day, huzzah!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,505
    Congrats HD, you must be older than I thought.

Sat in Geneva airport hoping the plane will be on time and I can get some shut eye as have got some God awful lergy while in France. Luckily it didn't affect the skiing too much. Lots of work beckons tomorrow :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    'noon

- one to bin as the tube got stuck together by sealant, my fault, but grrr all the same
    - one to repair
    - surprised to find umpteen, 6-8 maybe, i had already repaired, pressure tested them all at 10bar to check
    ...which at current retail is over a grand's worth, maybe i should get a tub safe

also noticed brake pads on commute bike were approaching lethally thin, fitted new ones

what a day, huzzah!

This ^. This is a bad sign. It wasn't that long ago that the brethren of BB aspired to high levels of sophisticated shirking. Whilst the influx of new subscribers - oxoman, madmalx, ws etc are welcome, the trend is alarmingly veering towards boasting about how much work one has done.

This has to stop.
  • sungod
    In all seriousness (wut...) thank you all. He arrived safe and sound after a planned C section and is doing fine along with his mum.

i was confused too, so you get both gc and a bike, excellent timing!
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    This ^. This is a bad sign. It wasn't that long ago that the brethren of BB aspired to high levels of sophisticated shirking. Whilst the influx of new subscribers - oxoman, madmalx, ws etc are welcome, the trend is alarmingly veering towards boasting about how much work one has done.

This has to stop.

yeah, but in my defence, being a working day this was actual shirking, i even left out my good deed - went to get a new lock for the cafe and fitted it for the owner (who was having a very bad morning), even though i protested she then gave me free coffee and toast :)
  • homers_double
    sungod wrote:

i was confused too, so you get both gc and a bike, excellent timing!

No just a rotor for the latest bike I'm afraid.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

This has to stop.

yeah, but in my defence, being a working day this was actual shirking, i even left out my good deed - went to get a new lock for the cafe and fitted it for the owner (who was having a very bad morning), even though i protested she then gave me free coffee and toast :)

I'll let you off seen as you got free coffee and toast but from now on, things must improve.
  • veronese68
    HD got the last ice tech circular saw blade in 160mm flavour as I recall. He didn't say if it was centre lock or 6 bolt though, although some are only supplied in centre lock.
    Well done on the cafe lock SG, although I thought that was a low security bike lock.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,407
    Just beat a 6 year old 10-1 at table football 8) Where's garry? He cheated for the goal he scored.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'noon

- one to repair

what a day, huzzah!

This has to stop.

Done feck all today, now sat with feet up drinking a beer...is this the sort of behaviour we expect or wot! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • team47b
    ...Oh and the roof has left the building :D

DSC04922.jpg
  • Garry H

Diolch Matthew.

Just for you :wink:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NK35Y3xknlY

Cymru Am Byth!
  • team47b
    Garry H wrote:

Diolch Matthew.

Just for you

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NK35Y3xknlY

Cymru Am Byth!

Wasn't such a happy day for David though :D
  • veronese68
    What's all this talking foreign? We voted to leave that means no more foreign rubbish right. Out means out.
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'noon

- one to repair

what a day, huzzah!

This has to stop.

Done feck all today, now sat with feet up drinking a beer...is this the sort of behaviour we expect or wot! :D

Highly commendable. I hope that roof is heading towards your wood burner.
  • Garry H
    Veronese68 wrote:
    What's all this talking foreign? We voted to leave that means no more foreign rubbish right. Out means out.
    I agree, i've alreadt left!