What happened to the Wiggins thread

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    I thought wcf sometimes came up with so,e very valid points.

Any half-decent points he came up with were lost in a tidal wave of antagonism, straw-men, avoiding the point, bickering about totally tangential bullshit and claiming expertise he doesn't have. 100% pure troll.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • I thought wcf sometimes came up with so,e very valid points.

Any half-decent points he came up with were lost in a tidal wave of antagonism, straw-men, avoiding the point, bickering about totally tangential bullshit and claiming expertise he doesn't have. 100% pure troll.

And your contribution was?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535

I avoided feeding the obvious troll. It's supposed to be an effective tactic in removing trolls from messageboards. Unfortunately it didn't work.

That's the last response you will get out of me. Now please f@ck off.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Thankfully it was put out of its misery.

There were some quite useful facts there, some good points and some less good points. Unfortunately it was derailed by one particular user who refused to actually read the answers in the thread and kept asking the same dumb questions over and over.

It was good to see some valid points being made and times have moved on from the standard bike radar response to anything potentially being dodgy with team sky etc which is a good thing.

Hopefully the moderator team will keep an eye on the poster and prevent them from ruining any more threads.

I spoke to the moderator. They praised some of the points I made but said stay away from criticising others. Just because you don't agree with another's point of view, doesn't mean they are wrong or that they are a troll.

My thoughts on the thread were that as soon as a point was made with regards to Sky and Brailsford not being forthright with the truth or looking not so good, many would attempt to derail the thread by posting silly pictures of cats, dogs, crying babies, stupid pictures with an arrow pointed to the head with a label "stupid". the Third Reich, cricketers etc.

If you are looking to point fingers perhaps look at those who do not want to discuss the finer points intelligently but just mock.

Hold on... You spoke to the moderator, listened to what they said and took their points on board?

Does that mean you might listen to what anyone else has to say?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087

Possibly coming from a qualified professional background unlike yourself.
  • Thankfully it was put out of its misery.

There were some quite useful facts there, some good points and some less good points. Unfortunately it was derailed by one particular user who refused to actually read the answers in the thread and kept asking the same dumb questions over and over.

It was good to see some valid points being made and times have moved on from the standard bike radar response to anything potentially being dodgy with team sky etc which is a good thing.

Hopefully the moderator team will keep an eye on the poster and prevent them from ruining any more threads.

I spoke to the moderator. They praised some of the points I made but said stay away from criticising others. Just because you don't agree with another's point of view, doesn't mean they are wrong or that they are a troll.

My thoughts on the thread were that as soon as a point was made with regards to Sky and Brailsford not being forthright with the truth or looking not so good, many would attempt to derail the thread by posting silly pictures of cats, dogs, crying babies, stupid pictures with an arrow pointed to the head with a label "stupid". the Third Reich, cricketers etc.

If you are looking to point fingers perhaps look at those who do not want to discuss the finer points intelligently but just mock.

Hold on... You spoke to the moderator, listened to what they said and took their points on board?

Does that mean you might listen to what anyone else has to say?

Sure, I was told that I make some good points, added value to the discussion and thread. I was told not to make it personal.

Sometimes I tended to call a person a banal, or slow to understand. Generally speaking it was a compliment, as I knew many were much more intelligence but let themselves down with playing to the audience and posting silly pictures. But I won't engage on a personal level any longer.
  • I missed the thread. Could somebody summarise it?
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    I missed the thread. Could somebody summarise it?

546b0fa464875_-_bmwcrash-lg.jpg
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,537
    Who is this Wiggins person anyway? Maybe he's on my 'ignore' list, along with other people whose names start with W.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Sure, I was told that I make some good points, added value to the discussion and thread. I was told not to make it personal.

Well, that worked then, telling you that you made some good points in order to make you feel a bit better about things for the sake of avoiding you getting all self-righteous and pissy.

The truth is, that whilst the amount of your posts that made good points could be described as being "some" (just by the nature of them being plural), they could just as equally and accurately be recorded as "barely any at all".

Oh well, onwards now to the next thread you can stop from being a considered impartial debate by filling it with crap.
  • Who is this Wiggins person anyway? Maybe he's on my 'ignore' list, along with other people whose names start with W.

BikeRadar comedy?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,158
    There may have been a level of intransigence on both sides but there was valid opinion and even a smattering of fact.

I noticed a number of new posters in the last few days who took a more cycnical view than the forum longtimers,
    :(

Um, not sure if you're joking or if you didn't realise where the new posters came from

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12934419&start=2420

Basically a thread dedicated to finding arguments on the forum and fanning the flames!
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Pross wrote:
    There may have been a level of intransigence on both sides but there was valid opinion and even a smattering of fact.

I noticed a number of new posters in the last few days who took a more cycnical view than the forum longtimers,
    :(

Um, not sure if you're joking or if you didn't realise where the new posters came from

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12934419&start=2420

Basically a thread dedicated to finding arguments on the forum and fanning the flames!

Ha I didn't realise, that's quite funny :D

Non the less......
  • This is going well. How long before the thread about a thread, continuing another thread gets deleted?
    Maybe time to add the term 'Wiggins' to the swear filter so it automatically gets blocked.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    This is going well. How long before the thread about a thread, continuing another thread gets deleted?
    Maybe time to add the term 'Wiggins' to the swear filter so it automatically gets blocked.

He said "Wiggins"
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Does that mean you might listen to what anyone else has to say?

Sometimes I tended to call a person a banal, or slow to understand. Generally speaking it was a compliment, as I knew many were much more intelligence but let themselves down with playing to the audience and posting silly pictures. But I won't engage on a personal level any longer.

As that's not an answer to my question, I guess it's an answer of sorts.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Surely the simplest thing is not to reply to this thread.

Just a thought.
  • This is going well. How long before the thread about a thread, continuing another thread gets deleted?

He said "Wiggins"

Sniggers, and points
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    This is going well. How long before the thread about a thread, continuing another thread gets deleted?

He said "Wiggins"

Sniggers, and points

tee-hee.gif
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    [

In that case.....

913293e8c343eba85bd7a4bcc673c252.jpg

I've got one of those dogs, one point to anyone who can name the breed.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Here's a better view.

animal-fans-cricket-stadium-291111-11.jpg

I hope the photographer didn't write the accompanying blurb. Labrador indeed. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • One of the Belgian Shepherd varieties? Malamois or something like that?
  • There was no Wiggins thread. Bad reporting from forum members. Sad. Fake news.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Isn't Wiggins that Belgian bloke from Belgium with an Australian dad? Rides bi-cycles with that Kenyan dude from Kenya on that Australian owned and funded team?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Fanning the flames? I like to think of it as performing a valuable service by ensuring that discussions such as these reach a wider audience with a divergent range of opinions. Which has got to be good for democracy...
  • Mikey23 wrote:
    Fanning the flames? I like to think of it as performing a valuable service by ensuring that discussions such as these reach a wider audience with a divergent range of opinions. Which has got to be good for democracy...

‘The cornerstone to effective government is a strong opposition’ I can't recite the actual quote right now, however democracy thrives on checks and balances and an alternative if the people do not like the manner in which current leaders lead and conduct themselves.

That's why discussion and debate is important. This forum at times appears very intent on not allowing discussion. It wishes to censor and close down reasonable debate which might lead to better understanding of the topics du jour.

• That's why discussion and debate is important. This forum at times appears very intent on not allowing discussion. It wishes to censor and close down reasonable debate which might lead to better understanding of the topics du jour.

Funny.
    That's exactly how I'd describe your usual haunt.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Mikey23 wrote:

‘The cornerstone to effective government is a strong opposition’ I can't recite the actual quote right now, however democracy thrives on checks and balances and an alternative if the people do not like the manner in which current leaders lead and conduct themselves.

That's why discussion and debate is important. This forum at times appears very intent on not allowing discussion. It wishes to censor and close down reasonable debate which might lead to better understanding of the topics du jour.

But asking the same questions ad-nauseum is very different to a discussion.

You seemed to be continually asking the same questions that no one had answers to, asking hypothetical questions that ignored the facts as were known or asking questions despite the answers being known.

Most of your questions were answered at least once yet you declined to read them or if you did, you chose to ignore them.

That's what got the thread killed off, it wasn't an attempt to censor or close down reasonable debate. You did not provide any reasonable debate. You repeatedly asked the same questions, ignoring previous facts and answers.

And I guess you are going to do the same again until this thread is put out of its misery.
  • [

In that case.....

Looks like a Groenendael to me. At last a decent subject in Pro Race. :lol:
  • [

In that case.....

Looks like a Groenendael to me. At last a decent subject in Pro Race. :lol:

Belgian Shepherd!
This discussion has been closed.