Weight/Lightness VS Discs

13»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,694
    I should have added squirrels are very ineffective as brakes. Deer on the other hand are very effective as both brakes and brakes, try to avoid the pointy bits.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I should have added squirrels are very ineffective as brakes. Deer on the other hand are very effective as both brakes and brakes, try to avoid the pointy bits.

Had to pause for a minute or so on yesterday's ride as a herd of 30 deer decided to leap the ditch and cross the road. Very scenic. Nervous things though; they kept galloping off in different directions as I got nearer, despite the fact they'd all crossed the road by this point. I'll be a bit more apprehensive next time I encounter the things at night...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    I always hope that in an emergency, a large sheep would act as a brake. I almost used a Hereford Bull once but luckily for me and the (terrified bull), he wasn't needed.

Cars are very good brakes but there's zero modulation.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Nearly used a very large sow last week that had escaped it field and was running straight towards me. However as it closer it clearly decided I wasn't worth knowing and legged it in the opposite direction.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Webboo wrote:
    Nearly used a very large sow last week that had escaped it field and was running straight towards me. However as it closer it clearly decided I wasn't worth knowing and legged it in the opposite direction.

That's telling.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!