Tour Down Under **Spoilers**

1235»

Comments

• Sagan looks like someone with goals in about 8-12 weeks time, Ewan looks like someone with goals now
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    Dav1d1 wrote:

Here's a Q - what is your head crosses the line before your wheel - what gets counted in the photo finish?
    Did he win by a "nose" ?
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • And once again the TDU has not lit a single candle of excitement for me. To be honest the only time I have been remotely interested was in Sky's first season, and even then I can't say I was totally engaged. It should be brilliant - first stage race of the New year, some southern hemisphere sunshine to brighten the dark days of winter, a herald for things to come, it doesn't even stifle the annual off-season 'x' is a doper arguments that go on and on tediously every year on this forum. Every year I think i'll try harder, I will engage, but every year we get pretty much the same course, different antipodean wonder kids sprinting to glory, toblerone boy smashing it on the queen stage, and the Euro riders getting some training miles in.

Wake me up when the Classics start - yes, the weather is poo poo, but there are frites and mayonnaise, mad Belgians, but more importantly proper racing.
  • Watched 2, maybe 3 mins, of 'highlights' of this year's race. Just did nothing for me, I'm afraid
  • Watched 2, maybe 3 mins, of 'highlights' of this year's race. Just did nothing for me, I'm afraid

That is literally all there was. 2 to 3 minutes of Richie riding everyone off his wheel up two fairly boring hills.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Yeah Orica need wins in this race, Ewan comes in on a peak and then will be burst by the time the real racing starts.
  • While he's clearly targeting this race, he's just 22. He'll only get better in the real racing in the next few years. That said, this edition was shit. Two riders too dominant.