Pet Cat

124»

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    As I'm sat reading this I hear the missus open a tin. Our three sleeping cats are suddenly wide awake and heading for the kitchen to harass her.
    I didn't know Pavlov had cats.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    When my cats were young they were so poor they lived in bucket in middle t'road

babybucket.jpg

Marmite is bottom left :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Pituophis
    Pituophis Posts: 1,025
    Tropical fish here. Started off with 3 then another 3 then 2 platys of the same sex. Now we have over 20 platys and are missing a few of the tetras we started with. Seems a female platyb can be fertilized and hold back the live birth for almost 2 years. So a tank of females can be in your tank for 18 months before you see offspring. Then they can have 20 or more from the single mating that probably happened before you got it. Result is a tank with too many fish. Now we've got a horrible job involving a fish net and a container of water and clove oil to euthanize the platys we can't keep or give away.
    Mind you i disagree about the dog comments. Get two dogs and access to an outdoors space and there's no issue. They are pack animals but even wolves go out and be solitary at times. Leaving a dog for a few hours isn't necessarily cruel depending on the dog and other factors. Add in another dog, outdoors run, etc and you will more than likely have a happy pack.

BTW relatives have had dogs whilst working. Those dogs were all very good examples of well adjusted and happy dogs. However not every owner has the necessary knowledge, experience and living circumstances to keep a dog. Just like some cat owners shouldn't have them.

I think you may have taken my earlier post a little too seriously. I only want to kill the owners, not the dogs, it's not their fault! :roll:
    As for your fish problems, get a garter snake. :wink:
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,697
    Webboo wrote:
    As I'm sat reading this I hear the missus open a tin. Our three sleeping cats are suddenly wide awake and heading for the kitchen to harass her.
    I didn't know Pavlov had cats.
    Years ago now, but one of ours was an expert at prising open the food cupboard. Two ball catches, two magnetic catches and self closing hinges and they still found a way in by scratching a groove in the edge of the door so they could get a purchase and pull the door open.

My folks' current cats seem to have reversed Pavlov's experiment and have managed to move 'dinner time' forward to about 2:30 in the afternoon.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Tiddles.

3 legged Tiddles. Used to use his paw in oh so many ways. First was to pull the cat dish/your cornflake bowl towards himself. We were certain the Blue Tits were pecking the foil off the milk bottles until one day, I watched him pull the foil off, lick the cream, use hos paw until he got bored and then push the damn bottle over.

2am one night, I heard this odd noise emanating from the kitchen. Didn't know what it was at first so I crept downstairs.
    Tiddles had not only got into the cupboard (despite the 3 legs), he had prized the folded down lid off the cat tin and was busy helping himself with his paw as there was only a drop at the bottom of the tin.
    As I opened the door of the cupboard, I shouted "Tiddles" and he went as fast as he could in an attempt to shovel down as much as he could before I scuppered his party and he had the intelligence to know that I was going to remove him from the cupboard and that the consequences of being caught weren't that bad,
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Our broken cat who is now thankfully not as brokened.

4CEE6058-5978-42FD-BCE0-BE464896A3A7_zps1oaacpzn.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    We've got an identical rug.

The cat: still got 4 legs. That's a bonus.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    My cat behaves more like a dog. Is it broken?
  • pinno
    Angry Bird wrote:
    My cat behaves more like a dog. Is it broken?

Your flatulence is affecting it's brain, it's that bad.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Q. When did a non pedigree dog or cat start becoming known as a Crossbreed? When I grew up they were commonly known as mongrels (dogs) and moggies (cats).
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Q. When did a non pedigree dog or cat start becoming known as a Crossbreed? When I grew up they were commonly known as mongrels (dogs) and moggies (cats).

Because if you call someone's "Cavishon" a mongrel they get offended because they forked out ££££

I do it for fun sometimes.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Garry, make sure you play lots with your new arrival. We did and we now have a 6year old that's absolutely full of life and still loves to play! :)

"Helping" me and the very patient* Miss6899 to change the bed sheets:

32008824421_0fed4f1a48_k.jpgWinifred by Ben H, on Flickr

*required for me; not the cat
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    edited January 2017
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Garry, make sure you play lots with your new arrival. We did and we now have a 6year old that's absolutely full of life and still loves to play! :)

"Helping" me and the very patient* Miss6899 to change the bed sheets:

32008824421_0fed4f1a48_k.jpgWinifred by Ben H, on Flickr

*required for me; not the cat

+1 We did same with our 3 year old moggie. Full of beans and always cracks me up when its ears bend backwards when its about to go berserk.
    Wife bought it as a female and was given the name Eva. It wasn't until after a couple of months that I pointed out to Mrs Goo that Eva was applying lipstick and that a name change might be in order.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    New concern: Wheeliebinwasherblokewithflourojacketandsteambreathingdragondevicemonster.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    New concern: Wheeliebinwasherblokewithflourojacketandsteambreathingdragondevicemonster.

Cat's probably just thinking whydon'tyoujustwashyourownwheeliebinsyourselfloulazyfeckerinsteadofwastingmoneypayingsomeonelsetodoit?
    :D
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Cat's probably just thinking whydoesn'ttheneighbourjustwashtheirownwheeliebinsthemsevestheloulazyfeckesrinsteadofwastingmoneypayingsomeonelsetodoit?
    :D

FTFY.