13»

Comments

• hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    gnave wrote:
    hsiaolc wrote:
    gnave wrote:
    fuel2000 wrote:
    If you get the work done at a local shop, Canyon will refund the money if you send them a copy of a receipt. I' ve done this a few times.

It may be a great bike, but it's still a lot of money for something that you have to be prepared to accept in not fully working order. That's not right in my book, however cheap it may be.

Yes. Very understandable.

But don't stress yourself. It has happened so no need to trouble yourself for it. Just get it sorted out and you will be happy with the bike.

The quickest way is to get local bike shop to fix it for you and then bill Canyon.

I just have a bad feeling about it all now. And what worries me the most is: Problem with DI2 gearing at the start.... juts not a good sign.
    Even if I get it fixed at the local LBS, if the problem comes back, I will regret not trying the replacement path.

I really have no idea what you are on about? This has nothing to do with Di2 so please seperate what you think it is as to the facts.

But what did you do in the end?

It is your hard earned cash so I suggest you do what you want to do, which is call canyon and ask for a replacement!!

But whatever you do don't blame Di2 for the problem. Di2 has one of the smoothest gear shifting ever. I came from Ultegras and now I have two Di2 system and won't ever go back.
  • gnave
    gnave Posts: 65
    WheelMeals wrote:
    PS: You might have swayed my decision to not buy a Di2 bike!
    PS: Good luck with the fix. Must be super annoying

I would not fear DI2. It normally works perfectly fine, as long as it has been installed correctly, to begin with.
    I believe mine has a fundamental problem and I did not want it fixed as I fear the problem will return later when the warranty expires.

Canyon has been very helpful TBH; the bike had been picked up yesterday and due to a full refund by the end of the week. I will then place a new order for the same model.

I don't mind waiting another six weeks or so. It is skiing session anyways.