Next meaningless Brexit slogan

13»

Comments

• socrates wrote:
    Surrey commuter got it wrong. Majority of UK citizens would be 32m but the referendum result was based on the majority of people who got off their backsides and voted. Since the referendum there has been no tsunami on the Thames and the sky has not fallen in. In fact we are doing better economically than before. The pound has fallen, yes but it is now at its proper level, not the artificial level it was at before as many economists will vouch for. The original idea many years ago of the Common Market was a great idea for Europe until the Eurocrats began interfering in the laws and daily life of each independant country. Why do you think the Euro President has called for other nations not to hold referendums? He knows how disillusioned the general public in other countries have become. The EU has failed, painfully obvious. Watch the negotiations when they start. The UK will be much stronger than before.

What bit did I get wrong?
    You wrote "The MAJORITY of people in the UK"

I am trying to help - you need to write "the majority of people who voted, voted out" if you want to stick with "people in the UK" then for accuracies sake you would need to write "just over a quarter of people in the U.K. Voted out" if you went with the people on the lectorall roll then you could say "over a third of potential electors voted out.
    People under the age of 18 and various other categories are disqualified from voting so not their fault they did not vote.

In what way are we doing better economically?
    Can you give a source for your assertion that the pound is now at proper level?
    Give some examples of how the EU has failed
    Which negotiations are you referring to?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,697
    Erm, wrong thread. This is the meaningless /meaningful / alt meaning sloganising thread.

Get tae the proper discussion thread for the actual serious stuff. Take back control, innit. :wink:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    I'm slightly disappointed that "Triumph of the Will of the People" has only garnered 2 votes so far. I was proud of that one, but now I feel like you've all let me down very, very badly.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    People under 18 were not disqualified from voting. The franchise in this country is given to persons of 18 years a nd over. It is not a changeable franchise according to what we are voting for. For goodness sake have a look around you at the state of the majority (the greater number) of EU countries. They are in a total mess. The pound was kept artificially high to benefit those countries.
    Have you been asleep for a while - the negotiations about leaving the EU. Try to keep with the discussion here.
    Unemployment has fallen in the UK since the Brexit vote, our economy has surpassed expectations and large companies want to come here. Countries outside the EU want to trade with us.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,376
    You've been out 'Brexbolloxed' Finchy.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,581
    Pinno wrote:
    I think we need more leftiebollox to give people something else to argue about :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I think we need more leftiebollox to give people something else to argue about :)

Anything you say Chairman Mao.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,581
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Anything you say Chairman Mao.
    Don't mix me up with Chairman Mao, that's just offensive.

video-_John_McDonn_3509964b.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • socrates wrote:
    People under 18 were not disqualified from voting. The franchise in this country is given to persons of 18 years a nd over. It is not a changeable franchise according to what we are voting for. For goodness sake have a look around you at the state of the majority (the greater number) of EU countries. They are in a total mess. The pound was kept artificially high to benefit those countries.
    Have you been asleep for a while - the negotiations about leaving the EU. Try to keep with the discussion here.
    Unemployment has fallen in the UK since the Brexit vote, our economy has surpassed expectations and large companies want to come here. Countries outside the EU want to trade with us.

I am happy to continue but let's switch it over to the EU Referendum thread also in Cake Stop.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,337
    finchy wrote:
    I'm slightly disappointed that "Triumph of the Will of the People" has only garnered 2 votes so far. I was proud of that one, but now I feel like you've all let me down very, very badly.
    You should have written it on a bus then.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    socrates wrote:
    Unemployment has fallen in the UK since the Brexit vote.

So why is immigration such an issue then? If unemployment is so low because of Brexit, how is the work going to get done when we have a shortage of workers because nobody is allowed in?
    socrates wrote:
    Countries outside the EU want to trade with us.

Yep, in their droves......

http://www.visualcapitalist.com/interac ... nal-trade/
    Faster than a tent.......
  • socrates
    Let's watch and see.
  • pinno
    'Brexsuck': The let's wait and see what happens next.
  • socrates
    Easy. What happens next is Article 50 is triggered and we leave.
  • pinno
    Brexeasy? Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha h.......................
  • Controlledexit- doing enough to claim to have taken back control. This will p1ss off everybody and lead to Brexitgeddon and Boris becoming PM by default. People outside of London wil realise he is an ineffective tw4t leading to everybody giving up on politics.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,939
    Brexistentialism. You realise that it's only the nothingness after Brexit that gives the present moment any meaning whatsoever.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,561
    brexinomates - theresa may experienced this a few days ago, hilarious
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,561
    finchy wrote:

i liked it

but maybe the reference was too obscure for some

those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it, etc.
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    brexinomates - theresa may experienced this a few days ago, hilarious
    Made me laugh too. What did she expect?
  • She's sticking to the old favourite today: "Best possible deal for Britain"
  • briantrumpet
    She's sticking to the old favourite today: "Best possible deal for Britain"
    Great. I think that would be being in the EU, with a rebate on our contributions, and not being tied to the Euro. I wonder if we could negotiate that?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Great. I think that would be being in the EU, with a rebate on our contributions, and not being tied to the Euro. I wonder if we could negotiate that?
    What kind of fantasy land are you living in? :wink:
  • veronese68
    bompington wrote:
    Exactly, that's just delusional.
  • briantrumpet
    Veronese68 wrote:
    bompington wrote:
    Exactly, that's just delusional.
    'United' Kingdom.

Yep, sadly just a fantasy these days.
  • pinno
    So it's 'Brexdelusion' to add to the growing list then?
  • surely the current winner has to be "getting the best deal for Britain"

a rival to Brexit means Brexit is sure meaningless drivel