Next meaningless Brexit slogan

finchy
finchy Posts: 6,686
edited December 2016 in The cake stop
So far we've had "Brexit means Brexit" and "a red, white and blue Brexit". What will Theresa May 's next empty, meaningless Brexit slogan be?

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Has she not already used option 1? Certainly feels like she has. I'm hoping for option 3 as that's about the level of things in some quarters.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Maybe something along the lines of "this is what YOU wanted so don't blame me that the country has fallen apart completely".

The whole thing needs stopping, and no I care not a jot about the will of the dumb/racist.
  • I am convinced we have moved on to defining the referendum as being about "taking back control" this is potentially not meaningless as it includes choosing to give the EU £10bn per annum.

Without wishing to come across as a complete pedant I really think that they xenophobic rather than racist. Also not so much dumb as not having the relevant education to evaluate the question.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Wheres the option for 'Lots of them voted out to p1ss off the condescending remainers' ? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Jim'll Brexit for me.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,687
    We're Ready: Brexit!

(I hope that's upbeat enough for Stevo.)
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Hit me with your Brexit stick, hit me, hit me.
  • briantrumpet
    orraloon wrote:
    I think the earlier line is better ... "... Hit me with your Brexit stick, hit me hard, hit me quick".
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    "triumph of the will...", pretty much defines where the brexiteers come from politically

though due to coinciding with a mouthful of wine it did cause me to almost choke with laughter
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Voted for number 3. It's what my grandad would have wanted. He might have used the MF epithet more than some of these kids from the Bronx, though.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • joelsim
    Brexit means £995 leather trousers?
  • orraloon
    orraloon wrote:
    I think the earlier line is better ... "... Hit me with your Brexit stick, hit me hard, hit me quick".
    :D
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    The universe made it and humans Brexit.
  • briantrumpet
    Joelsim wrote:
    I looked that up in the OED, and didn't find that particular definition.
  • joelsim
    Joelsim wrote:
    I looked that up in the OED, and didn't find that particular definition.

:lol:
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Brexploitation
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    I'd be happy if the vile harpy simply told us what she's planning. And gave us another referendum on the final deal; yay or nay.

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    "Brexit means: a long, slow, drawn out, painful, cringeworthy, eyewateringly expensive descent into the international backwaters of obscurity"?

Just thought she might go for the truth for a change!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    SecretSam wrote:
    I'd be happy if the vile harpy simply told us what she's planning. And gave us another referendum on the final deal; yay or nay.
    If the 'great british public' couldn't understand what the original referendum question meant, how on earth could you expect them to make an informed decision on a deal???
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • SecretSam wrote:
    If the 'great british public' couldn't understand what the original referendum question meant, how on earth could you expect them to make an informed decision on a deal???

If A50 is irrevocable what is the point of a referendum on the deal achieved? and what is the point of having a referendum on her plans when the EU is very, very , very, very unlike;y to accept them all with no counter-proposals
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    SecretSam wrote:

If A50 is irrevocable what is the point of a referendum on the deal achieved? and what is the point of having a referendum on her plans when the EU is very, very , very, very unlike;y to accept them all with no counter-proposals

Don't get confusing people with logic
    To be fair to furtive sammy, people like Tim Farron, who you would expect to know better, have called for a second referendum on the deal. Mind you, he's clueless.
  • socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    What really seems to annoy you people is that the majority of the UK voted to leave the EU so suck it up, Brexit is here to stay.
  • orraloon
    ^ Nope, the majority of those who actually could be A-ed to vote voted Leave. Anyway, back to topic...

All by myself, don't want to be all by myself anymore.
  • socrates wrote:
    What really seems to annoy you people is that the majority of the UK voted to leave the EU so suck it up, Brexit is here to stay.

Your username and the content of your post couldn't be further apart.
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Ballysmate wrote:
    SecretSam wrote:

Don't get confusing people with logic
    To be fair to furtive sammy, people like Tim Farron, who you would expect to know better, have called for a second referendum on the deal. Mind you, he's clueless.

Given the messages coming out of the EU by our own man in europe, its DC and the tories who were clueless in the first place.

it seems to me that the EU are out playing us at every level on this, we seem to be unwillingly bystanders in the whole debacle.
  • briantrumpet
    Meaningless slogans here, people! Let's leave the sensible (or ridiculous) debate to its natural home.

Please leave by the nearest emergency Brexit. Do not take your belongings with you.
  • joelsim
    socrates wrote:

Your username and the content of your post couldn't be further apart.

:lol:
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    EAT MY BREXIT!

Death to the villainous remoaner traitors.
  • orraloon
    Experts, astrologers, soothsayers are all in much the same category.

[Except this is that actual quote from Jacob Rees-Smug, member for the 19th century :roll: ]