Next meaningless Brexit slogan

Comments

• socrates
    socrates Posts: 453
    Wrong, verylonglegs. I understood the question. In or out. Seems there are a lot out there who didn't and now are crying their sad little eyes out. If they could not be bothered to vote then they have no comeback. The MAJORITY of people in the UK (that means THE GREATER NUMBER) voted to leave. Majority does not mean the number who could be bothered to vote. Couldn't put that any simpler.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    socrates wrote:
    Wrong, verylonglegs. I understood the question. In or out. Seems there are a lot out there who didn't and now are crying their sad little eyes out. If they could not be bothered to vote then they have no comeback. The MAJORITY of people in the UK (that means THE GREATER NUMBER) voted to leave. Majority does not mean the number who could be bothered to vote. Couldn't put that any simpler.

No, you couldn't put it "any simpler" but you could put that less incorrectly. Whether you like it or not, people who didn't or couldn't vote do actually still exist. Roughly a quarter of the population voted to leave and roughly a quarter of the population voted to remain.

Anyway, if Brexit does happen, it won't be just the people who voted to stay in who will be crying their eyes out (though many of them will probably be too busy saying "I told you so" to cry).
    Faster than a tent.......
  • socrates wrote:
    What really seems to annoy you people is that the majority of the UK voted to leave the EU so suck it up, Brexit is here to stay.

"Leaving is here to stay." I like it. Can that be added to the list?
  • socrates
    Anyone who couldn't be bothered to vote obviously did not think it was important. So that means that of all those eligible to vote the majority wanted to leave. Job done. Nothing else to say.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,584
    "They outsmarted the smartarses"?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    socrates wrote:

"Brexiters are thick" i think its catchy and May should start using it.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    socrates wrote:
    What really seems to annoy you people is that the majority of the UK voted to leave the EU so suck it up, Brexit is here to stay.

Your username and the content of your post couldn't be further apart.

QFT
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    They need a bus with the £50bn number on the side.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,941
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    "Outsmarted" = told porkies a whole lot more bigly.
  • socrates wrote:

There are 64 million people in the UK
    Total electorate is 46.5 million
    Leave voters = 17.4 million
    Remain voters = 16.1 million

A majority of people in the UK is over 32 million

As a matter of interest what did you understand "out" to mean - in terms of single market and customs union?
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    As a matter of interest what did you understand "out" to mean
    "Out" clearly means mainly gleefully sticking it to the Remoaners. In other words, it's just another tribal thing - our tribe has beaten yours. Not much different from the level of insight and analysis available on the Premier league thread. At least, that's certainly the impression a lot of them give: most of them don't seem to have given much thought to anything like consequences.
  • I think the next great leap is to verbify Brexit - "we're Brexitting, get used to it", "We'll Brexit how we want to".
  • briantrumpet
    As a matter of interest what did you understand "out" to mean?
    Out means out...

...as in 'out of any idea'.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,697
    BrexGit. One who voted Leave without knowing what the Jeff he/she was voting for, swallowed whole the lies and deceits of the political opportunists like Johnson, Gove and Duncan-Smith, and is now looking around for someone else to blame.

Hmm, like that, plan to deploy at appropriate juncture. Got some neighbours in mind...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular but I thought it would be interesting to see who replied :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • briantrumpet
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular but I thought it would be interesting to see who replied :wink:
    I don't like to disappoint.
  • socrates
    Surrey commuter got it wrong. Majority of UK citizens would be 32m but the referendum result was based on the majority of people who got off their backsides and voted. Since the referendum there has been no tsunami on the Thames and the sky has not fallen in. In fact we are doing better economically than before. The pound has fallen, yes but it is now at its proper level, not the artificial level it was at before as many economists will vouch for. The original idea many years ago of the Common Market was a great idea for Europe until the Eurocrats began interfering in the laws and daily life of each independant country. Why do you think the Euro President has called for other nations not to hold referendums? He knows how disillusioned the general public in other countries have become. The EU has failed, painfully obvious. Watch the negotiations when they start. The UK will be much stronger than before.
  • briantrumpet
    You can't argue with logic like that.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,697
    Wasn't Socrates Greek? Wun of dem furriners innit.
  • briantrumpet
    orraloon wrote:
    Wasn't Socrates Greek? Wun of dem furriners innit.
    And what did the Greeks ever give us, eh? Apart from philosophy and civilisation??
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Lot's of war and division.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,378
    Yoghurt.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • briantrumpet
    Pinno wrote:
    Yoghurt.
    For a moment I thought that these were more meaningless Brexit slogans.
  • briantrumpet
    I was going to add 'Marbles', but I think we've lost ours.
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Yoghurt.
    For a moment I thought that these were more meaningless Brexit slogans.

It was an addition to 'What the Greeks had given us'. Although the OH did remind it was actually from Lidl.

That reminds me - The Duke of Edinburgh and a whole shed load of artefacts for the British Museum. How kindly of them.
  • pinno
    I'm sorry we aren't coming up to the high levels of discussion and debate down in Bottom Bracket that Bompington sets .
  • pinno
    'Brex-ex' ? The term given to a divorcee due to an unfortunate result of when a couple split after terminal dis-agreement when one voted one way and the other voted the other way.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Pinno wrote:
    I'm sorry we aren't coming up to the high levels of discussion and debate down in Bottom Bracket that Bompington sets .
    Hey, that's a quite unfounded slur
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    You can kind understand his attitude if he has to watch Scottish footy.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    You can kind understand his attitude if he has to watch Scottish footy.

Scottish football was invented to be streamed into prisons from Bellmarsh to Barlinnie* to punish the inmates and then some tw@t decided to put it on telly.

*Barlinnie - term given for very thin roll up ciggies.