Giant frames... the best?

13»

Comments

• It's called a 'Sales Pitch'.... I think Ernesto entrust's Giant to manufacture his Asian made frames?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    If you follow leuscher teknik on Instagram (world renowned CF expert and bike cutter in halferer) you will know Giant are indeed one of the very best.
    Some of the worst are Wilier, quite shocking really!

Good video here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EZbg5hCRyvs
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Great link that. Enjoying watching it.

Cracking after 10 years......hope it doesn't pop into my mind on the next fast descent on my C40....makes you wonder. :shock: galvanic reaction on the alu drop outs.....sheesh.

Like to see some Cervelo's around the BB from circa 2008
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    Webboo wrote:
    I wouldn't be looking at carbon for my first bike. I would be looking at something more robust like aluminium or steel till I had bit more experience. It will be less painful on your wallet but just as painful on your body.
    You wouldn't recommended a Porche to someone who had just passed their driving test.

^this, hi spec bikes increase your ftp by at least 125% and can lead to strokes and heart attacks for the inexperienced, in additional, Carbon framed bikes are more difficult to ride as they have 44 speed transmissions and no brakes, avoid.
  • On from Nap's link chap goes on to explain there is only 2 main types of carbon used in cycle manufacture and most of the claims of anything else is probably bull.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qsLYlVWkbQ
    Bizango 29er
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Interesting video NapD. Very timely as I spotted a small amount of white bubbling around a bottle cage boss a couple of weeks ago on my carbon bike (2.5 yrs old), had no idea what it was. Now realise that this is galvanic corrosion.

Have been researching online, but could not find that much info out there. Is anyone able to let me know whether this something I need to get sorted and would this be a warranty claim?
    Thanks
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,091
    Flanners1 wrote:
    Cracking after 10 years......hope it doesn't pop into my mind on the next fast descent on my C40....makes you wonder. :shock: galvanic reaction on the alu drop outs.....

At least I have a CF seat post in mine. I think I might strip it one day and piddle in the seat tube - that should cure any bloody galvanic reaction.
    When it goes to Atlantic boulevard for the respray...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    NapoleonD wrote:
    ...Some of the worst are Wilier, quite shocking really!

Bollox.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Pinno wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Bollox.

Have a look through his Instagram feed. Voids, wrinkling, poor QC.
    Compared to the inside of a top end Trek or Giant...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • pinno
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:

Bollox.

Have a look through his Instagram feed. Voids, wrinkling, poor QC.
    Compared to the inside of a top end Trek or Giant...

I bought my 2nd hand Wilier with a cracked seat tube. I repaired it. That was almost 6 years ago. The bike feels as good as when I got it. If it fails in the next 6 months, I will have got as much as I would have ever wanted out of it and i'll hang the frame on the wall.
    See you on the next 40mph descent. Actually, i'll see on the next ascent :wink: