Forum home Road cycling forum The bottom bracket

saturday, who'll stop the rain

sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to cafe then a soggy ride, later will be time to fit new tub(s) i think, or maybe do front first and leave the rear for now, sheer laziness

aside from that, a day of ease
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
«1

Posts

  • tlw1tlw1 Posts: 18,878
    not enough sleep

    Bright side, not bothered about the weather as I'm going to Llandegla for a few loops and it's always wet there

    Later is over to the next village for a few pints and a curry :)
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 8,844
    Good moaning to all. Very wet parkrun coming up followed by dad's taxi for eldest training. Then husband taxi for the wife and finally check bike over ready for tomorrow's duathlon. Enjoy folks.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • <must not use turbo until January>
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    Yep, its as miserable as a Scottish football fan here. Looks like sitting in a cafe drinking coffee and talking bollox miggt be in order this morning. After that, may try to get a few indoor jobs done.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had. Now need to start doing stuff. Coffee may come first.
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    hardly anyone on the road this morning, did laps for an hour in steady rain, shoes filled up about halfway

    toast and espresso on return cafe stop, noticed i left pools of water where i'd sat

    decided front tub will last another day and squirted some more sealant in
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Laundry, Coffee and Fireman Sam for now. Can't say sitting in a Cafe in spandex, dripping all over the floor with steam rising off you sounds appealing.
    Not windy anymore or pi$$ing down after last night's howler.

    @Slowmart - it's gnawing and grinding away at the back of your mind.

    Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    sungod wrote:
    hardly anyone on the road this morning, did laps for an hour in steady rain, shoes filled up about halfway

    toast and espresso on return cafe stop, noticed i left pools of water where i'd sat

    decided front tub will last another day and squirted some more sealant in
    Laps of Regents Park by any chance?
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    Waiting for delivery guy.

    Making super heroes out of cardboard tubes and testing the moisture content of some logs
  • sungodsungod Posts: 13,208
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hardly anyone on the road this morning, did laps for an hour in steady rain, shoes filled up about halfway

    toast and espresso on return cafe stop, noticed i left pools of water where i'd sat

    decided front tub will last another day and squirted some more sealant in
    Laps of Regents Park by any chance?

    yep, dull but nearby
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Garry H wrote:
    Waiting for delivery guy.

    To deliver your new dhb Aeron softshell with in built Stoat pockets based on my advice?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Rain, rain, fog, mist, rain. Almost tempted to set up Dirk on the turbo in prep for fitness binge prior to PTI course in March.

    TDV away (again .......) so pizza and movie night with the bambini and The Hound, so not all bad.

    Repairing puncture on Victoria Corsa tub but slamming loads of sealant in.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    I thought you said Dirk had got no wheels?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Waiting for delivery guy.

    To deliver your new dhb Aeron softshell with in built Stoat pockets based on my advice?

    No, new walking boots. I actually decided against the Aeron Softshell last year, based on censored 's advice. Though it would be overkill for me.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Garry H wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Waiting for delivery guy.

    To deliver your new dhb Aeron softshell with in built Stoat pockets based on my advice?

    No, new walking boots. I actually decided against the Aeron Softshell last year, based on censored 's advice. Though it would be overkill for me.

    Too warm?! That means that you've become a big sweaty. In all honesty, given different base layers (or none), it's potentially quite versatile.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry HGarry H Posts: 6,639
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Waiting for delivery guy.

    To deliver your new dhb Aeron softshell with in built Stoat pockets based on my advice?

    No, new walking boots. I actually decided against the Aeron Softshell last year, based on censored 's advice. Though it would be overkill for me.

    Too warm?! That means that you've become a big sweaty. In all honesty, given different base layers (or none), it's potentially quite versatile.

    Warmer than the Alpha?
  • Bought curtains, bought new duvet, bought lunch, bought wine for later. Ride tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Garry H wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Waiting for delivery guy.

    To deliver your new dhb Aeron softshell with in built Stoat pockets based on my advice?

    No, new walking boots. I actually decided against the Aeron Softshell last year, based on censored 's advice. Though it would be overkill for me.

    Too warm?! That means that you've become a big sweaty. In all honesty, given different base layers (or none), it's potentially quite versatile.

    Warmer than the Alpha?

    I would say it is on a par with the Alpha but the Alpha fits so neat that beyond a vest and a base layer, that's all you can wear underneath. I wore vest, HH Freeze base layer and a short sleeve jersey underneath the dhb yesterday and I didn't feel like a Duct taped Stoat. I would have struggled to get into the Alpha with that lot on.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Bought curtains, bought new duvet, bought lunch, bought wine for later. Ride tomorrow.

    Drink Vino and Christen the new linen. Then you wouldn't have to ride tomorrow.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • FlâneurFlâneur Posts: 3,027
    Drinking the wine cellar like it is all about to go off with it being the Dates birthday weekend (one day isnt enough I am told) Girls are over chatting n giggling before dinner late.

    Offered on a house accepted earlier. censored I am like an adult now

    No ride tomorrow due to her birthday. meh I'll avoid her all week. Back to wrapping the gifts

    Ciao
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Flâneur wrote:
    Drinking the wine cellar like it is all about to go off with it being the Dates birthday weekend (one day isnt enough I am told) Girls are over chatting n giggling before dinner late.

    Offered on a house accepted earlier. fark I am like an adult now

    No ride tomorrow due to her birthday. meh I'll avoid her all week. Back to wrapping the gifts

    Ciao

    Top stuff re house purchase - many congrats. When's the house warming?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just started on some Warwickshire Beer Co "Lady Godiva" stuff bought on an off chance on a 3 for £6 offer - very nice indeed. Compliments pre pizza Bombay mix perfectly.

    Recommended methinks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    Got myself 3 litres of Wyld Wood cider from Waitrose. Will need to thoroughly assess how good it is tonight.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    Flâneur wrote:
    Offered on a house accepted earlier. fark I am like an adult now
    Just don't act like one and you'll be fine.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    Flâneur wrote:
    Drinking the wine cellar like it is all about to go off with it being the Dates birthday weekend (one day isnt enough I am told) Girls are over chatting n giggling before dinner late.

    Offered on a house accepted earlier. fark I am like an adult now

    No ride tomorrow due to her birthday. meh I'll avoid her all week. Back to wrapping the gifts

    Ciao

    Are you buying it jointly or can you can the date if necessary?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hardly anyone on the road this morning, did laps for an hour in steady rain, shoes filled up about halfway

    toast and espresso on return cafe stop, noticed i left pools of water where i'd sat

    decided front tub will last another day and squirted some more sealant in
    Laps of Regents Park by any chance?

    yep, dull but nearby
    Know it well - very close to my office although I don't do laps. Usually better than the surrounding area for traffic.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinnopinno Posts: 40,173
    How far is 1 lap of Regent's Park? Is the place where you pay parking tickets still there?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 14,774
    Flâneur wrote:
    Drinking the wine cellar like it is all about to go off with it being the Dates birthday weekend (one day isnt enough I am told) Girls are over chatting n giggling before dinner late.

    Offered on a house accepted earlier. fark I am like an adult now

    No ride tomorrow due to her birthday. meh I'll avoid her all week. Back to wrapping the gifts

    Ciao

    Top stuff re house purchase - many congrats. When's the house warming?

    Another one. Goodo.
  • veronese68veronese68 Posts: 23,432 Lives Here
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Offered on a house accepted earlier. fark I am like an adult now
    Just don't act like one and you'll be fine.
    Good advice, congratulations.
    Is this the house with the shared shelter thingy?
    I spent the day assembling furniture or taking it apart. Now have an old cabin bed, desk and storage unit to get shot of. TLW come and get it you'll need to fill that bug house on the cheap.
    Went to pub to aid recovery, snoozy now.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 43,973
    pinno wrote:
    How far is 1 lap of Regent's Park? Is the place where you pay parking tickets still there?
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/so/ceeldheer-galguduud/outside-lap-of-regents-park-route-9983330

    Look at the elevation - my sorta ride :)

    No idea about the parking ticket thing.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
Sign In or Register to comment.