saturday, who'll stop the rain

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited November 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to cafe then a soggy ride, later will be time to fit new tub(s) i think, or maybe do front first and leave the rear for now, sheer laziness

aside from that, a day of ease
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    not enough sleep

Bright side, not bothered about the weather as I'm going to Llandegla for a few loops and it's always wet there

Later is over to the next village for a few pints and a curry :)
  • <must not use turbo until January>
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Yep, its as miserable as a Scottish football fan here. Looks like sitting in a cafe drinking coffee and talking bollox miggt be in order this morning. After that, may try to get a few indoor jobs done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had. Now need to start doing stuff. Coffee may come first.
  • sungod
    hardly anyone on the road this morning, did laps for an hour in steady rain, shoes filled up about halfway

toast and espresso on return cafe stop, noticed i left pools of water where i'd sat

decided front tub will last another day and squirted some more sealant in
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Laundry, Coffee and Fireman Sam for now. Can't say sitting in a Cafe in spandex, dripping all over the floor with steam rising off you sounds appealing.
    Not windy anymore or pi$$ing down after last night's howler.

@Slowmart - it's gnawing and grinding away at the back of your mind.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    hardly anyone on the road this morning, did laps for an hour in steady rain, shoes filled up about halfway

toast and espresso on return cafe stop, noticed i left pools of water where i'd sat

Laps of Regents Park by any chance?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Waiting for delivery guy.

Making super heroes out of cardboard tubes and testing the moisture content of some logs
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

yep, dull but nearby
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:

To deliver your new dhb Aeron softshell with in built Stoat pockets based on my advice?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Rain, rain, fog, mist, rain. Almost tempted to set up Dirk on the turbo in prep for fitness binge prior to PTI course in March.

TDV away (again .......) so pizza and movie night with the bambini and The Hound, so not all bad.

Repairing puncture on Victoria Corsa tub but slamming loads of sealant in.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    I thought you said Dirk had got no wheels?
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

To deliver your new dhb Aeron softshell with in built Stoat pockets based on my advice?

No, new walking boots. I actually decided against the Aeron Softshell last year, based on Bender's advice. Though it would be overkill for me.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

No, new walking boots. I actually decided against the Aeron Softshell last year, based on Bender's advice. Though it would be overkill for me.

Too warm?! That means that you've become a big sweaty. In all honesty, given different base layers (or none), it's potentially quite versatile.
  • Garry H
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Too warm?! That means that you've become a big sweaty. In all honesty, given different base layers (or none), it's potentially quite versatile.

Warmer than the Alpha?
  • Bought curtains, bought new duvet, bought lunch, bought wine for later. Ride tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:

Warmer than the Alpha?

I would say it is on a par with the Alpha but the Alpha fits so neat that beyond a vest and a base layer, that's all you can wear underneath. I wore vest, HH Freeze base layer and a short sleeve jersey underneath the dhb yesterday and I didn't feel like a Duct taped Stoat. I would have struggled to get into the Alpha with that lot on.
  • pinno
    Bought curtains, bought new duvet, bought lunch, bought wine for later. Ride tomorrow.

Drink Vino and Christen the new linen. Then you wouldn't have to ride tomorrow.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Drinking the wine cellar like it is all about to go off with it being the Dates birthday weekend (one day isnt enough I am told) Girls are over chatting n giggling before dinner late.

Offered on a house accepted earlier. Fuck I am like an adult now

No ride tomorrow due to her birthday. meh I'll avoid her all week. Back to wrapping the gifts

Ciao
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:
    Drinking the wine cellar like it is all about to go off with it being the Dates birthday weekend (one day isnt enough I am told) Girls are over chatting n giggling before dinner late.

Offered on a house accepted earlier. fark I am like an adult now

No ride tomorrow due to her birthday. meh I'll avoid her all week. Back to wrapping the gifts

Ciao

Top stuff re house purchase - many congrats. When's the house warming?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just started on some Warwickshire Beer Co "Lady Godiva" stuff bought on an off chance on a 3 for £6 offer - very nice indeed. Compliments pre pizza Bombay mix perfectly.

Recommended methinks.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Got myself 3 litres of Wyld Wood cider from Waitrose. Will need to thoroughly assess how good it is tonight.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Just don't act like one and you'll be fine.
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:

Ciao

Are you buying it jointly or can you can the date if necessary?
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:

yep, dull but nearby
    Know it well - very close to my office although I don't do laps. Usually better than the surrounding area for traffic.
  • pinno
    How far is 1 lap of Regent's Park? Is the place where you pay parking tickets still there?
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Flâneur wrote:

Ciao

Top stuff re house purchase - many congrats. When's the house warming?

Another one. Goodo.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    Just don't act like one and you'll be fine.
    Good advice, congratulations.
    Is this the house with the shared shelter thingy?
    I spent the day assembling furniture or taking it apart. Now have an old cabin bed, desk and storage unit to get shot of. TLW come and get it you'll need to fill that bug house on the cheap.
    Went to pub to aid recovery, snoozy now.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    How far is 1 lap of Regent's Park? Is the place where you pay parking tickets still there?
    http://www.mapmyrun.com/so/ceeldheer-galguduud/outside-lap-of-regents-park-route-9983330

Look at the elevation - my sorta ride :)

No idea about the parking ticket thing.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Went out for ride sudders to milton kenyes and back to meet team on form in milton kenyes. I'm sponsering them so i thought i would show my face. In all those km i hardly saw any cyclists.

It was fine weather for cycling. Wet cold and windy who needs warmth and blue sunny skies we're british!
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.