London 6 - watch live now

13»

Comments

• Archibald was a cannibal. Admittedly no Trott, Hammer or D'Hoore present to give her tougher competition (the field was filled out with a couple of 17 yos and a Masters), but she just won at will. Apologies for the slight-out-of-focus shot but I like her steely gaze...

Archibald%201_zpsbkrbdgtp.jpg

Her steely gaze noticed that my sister was wearing a pair of Becky's trainers last week.
    The shame! :lol:

Just caught up with watching the Madison.
    I thought I'd caught a glimpse of the Comic headline saying Cav and Wiggo had snatched the win right at the death, only to find that they had snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Archibald was a cannibal. Admittedly no Trott, Hammer or D'Hoore present to give her tougher competition (the field was filled out with a couple of 17 yos and a Masters), but she just won at will. Apologies for the slight-out-of-focus shot but I like her steely gaze...

Archibald%201_zpsbkrbdgtp.jpg

Her steely gaze noticed that my sister was wearing a pair of Becky's trainers last week.
    The shame! :lol:

Just caught up with watching the Madison.
    I thought I'd caught a glimpse of the Comic headline saying Cav and Wiggo had snatched the win right at the death, only to find that they had snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

There was a missed snatching - that was the problem!
  • Viviani partnering Keisse, at Gent.
    http://www.sport.be/z6sdaagse/2016/en/nieuws/
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Just booked again for next year on the Thursday. Front row again, but by the finish line this time!
  • Have they learnt how to sell alcohol yet?

I got so frustrated with waiting 30 mins to buy an overpriced beer that I haven't been to LV velodrome in ages.

Queuing time was negligible. I mean, really.
    Ta, I'll venture back again if they've sorted it!
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    I didn't have to queue at all for a drink either,well maybe just behind one person on one occassion. £5.00 a pint so nt excessive by Landan standards either.
  • Beer could be bought from several places, so the queue for a cup of tea was longer than the beer queue, but tea was only at one place each side of the velodrome. I was really impressed by the selection of things you could buy, the speed of service, and that the prices weren't extortionate.

We had VIP tickets on the Saturday as well - no queue then, and as much as you liked ;-) There was even a dessert buffet...very dangerous, but thankfully all the cakes were small.
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Katie Archibald continuing her good form at the track world cup last night - won the Madison with Manon Lloyd, despite them both being involved in a crash early on. Katie seems to have broken/fractured her wrist in the crash making hand slings rather difficult!

Cameron Meyer was great too, looking like his old self again.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,089
    I watched the whole last day on Eurosport last night. It was enthralling. Except Carlton Kirby getting a little over enthusiastic but you can forgive him.

What sort of speeds are they reaching behind the Derny? Why didn't the sprints count for much in the overall in the Madison?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Cracking 360 degree video action from the Derny race
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL2k7ER ... e=youtu.be
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    Cracking 360 degree video action from the Derny race
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL2k7ER ... e=youtu.be

this looks completely different if viewed in website or the YouTube app (I'm viewing on iPad but presumably android too). Website shows me a 360 single screen. With app it's like you are riding the derney and get a single direction view. As you turn round you can look in front, side, back etc. I was confused to start with because my screen was horizontal and all I could see was the top of the derney's helmet. Pick up the iPad and I discover I can look where I want.

Doubtless all you guys know all this already, but I'm well impressed with the technology.