edited November 2016 in Pro race
Common sense in an uncommon degree is what the world calls wisdom

Comments

• dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Cav and wiggo already going for the lap
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    That 3 way sprint between Matt Rotherham and the two Germans was brilliant.
  • Pross wrote:

It were greeet. The Germans bullied Matt R, but then he took back control :wink:
  • Enjoyable evening of races. I'll toodle along to the Velodrome tomorrow night
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    Thought the commentary was awful. Carlton and Tony were so caught up in talking about whatever they were talking about that they seemed to completely lose track of what was going on in the actual race (madison). I guess it is hard for Carlton to follow the action when he is laughing every fifteen seconds at something he said...

Loved the lighting and the music though. Hopefully everyone that goes along to the velodrome has a really good time.
  • Getting back from the Euro track champs late on Monday, it was great to have London live to watch the evening after.
    Some tidy racing, last night.
    Nice to see what a real velodrome looks like and a full one to boot.
    Le Vélodrome National offers stark confirmation of why the Olympic committee got it right with London at the expense of grey Paris. It is a great example of flawed and inferior design. Terrible.

A pity we had to miss the cross in Aber, though......
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Getting back from the Euro track champs late on Monday, it was great to have London live to watch the evening after.
    Le Vélodrome National offers stark confirmation of why the Olympic committee got it right with London at the expense of grey Paris. It is a great example of flawed and inferior design. Terrible.

David one of the organisers of the Aber CX?

David one of the organisers of the Aber CX?

Very much so.
    Not much for delegation, our Dai.
    He sounded shattered by Saturday night, when we FT'd him.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    So what's the deal with Wiggo's bars?

112087676_wiggins-cavendish-sport-large_trans++5yQLQqeH37t50SCyM4-zeERf_Wk3V23H2268P_XkPxc.jpg
  • dish_dash wrote:

112087676_wiggins-cavendish-sport-large_trans++5yQLQqeH37t50SCyM4-zeERf_Wk3V23H2268P_XkPxc.jpg

Most peculiar
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    dish_dash wrote:

Most perculiar
    They look like the 3T Sphinx with white bar tape on. I think Cavendish is using the standard Scattos.
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • dish_dash
    Interesting... not seen them before.
    Sphinx Ltd is a dedicated endurance bar for track races that alternate between level high speed and all-out sprinting.

- Unique forward bend supports the rider in the sphinx wide-aero position pioneered by Spanish former track champion Joan Llaneras.
    - Combines an aerofoil top section with lower handholds from the Ergosum drop bar.
    - The wingtips of the aerofoil meet the upper part of the round-section drops, which are slightly tilted up this allows riders to hook their wrists inside the bend, palms facing outwards.
    - Vertical part of the bend flattens into a narrow aerofoil section, and then joins the bottoms which provide a conventional round-section handhold for the sprint.
    - Sphinx Ltd is legal for UCI events but your stem length is critical to staying within the rules. You will likely need a shorter stem than you are used to. Refer to Article 1.3.022 of UCI technical regs, specifying that the handlebar be no more than 5 cm in front of the bicycle’s front axle.[/list]

I assume that the rules have been followed right up to the line. :wink:
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Interesting... not seen them before.
    Sphinx Ltd is a dedicated endurance bar for track races that alternate between level high speed and all-out sprinting.

- Unique forward bend supports the rider in the sphinx wide-aero position pioneered by Spanish former track champion Joan Llaneras.
    - Combines an aerofoil top section with lower handholds from the Ergosum drop bar.
    - The wingtips of the aerofoil meet the upper part of the round-section drops, which are slightly tilted up this allows riders to hook their wrists inside the bend, palms facing outwards.
    - Vertical part of the bend flattens into a narrow aerofoil section, and then joins the bottoms which provide a conventional round-section handhold for the sprint.
    - Sphinx Ltd is legal for UCI events but your stem length is critical to staying within the rules. You will likely need a shorter stem than you are used to. Refer to Article 1.3.022 of UCI technical regs, specifying that the handlebar be no more than 5 cm in front of the bicycle’s front axle.[/list]

I assume that the rules have been followed right up to the line. :wink:

The cote d'azur?
  • dish_dash
    Looks like he's on the limit there...
  • dish_dash wrote:

Lawton at the Daily Heil has his chequebook open and is waiting for your call :wink:
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash wrote:

Lawton at the Daily Heil has his chequebook open and is waiting for your call :wink:

:lol:

I'm off to make a closer inspection...
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    Any live cover tonight?
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    On Eurosport!
  • Pross wrote:

And again tonight.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Wiggo's next job as he said during the interview tonight.

"Writing for The Daily Mail".
  • Joelsim wrote:

:D:D

'Twas a good night at the ol' Pringle

I'll post up a couple of photos tomoz
  • Been thoroughly entertained so far.
  • dish_dash
    Joelsim wrote:

:D:D

'Twas a good night at the ol' Pringle

I'll post up a couple of photos tomoz

Yep, that was amusing! He also said he made those handlebars himself...

Agree, it was a good night. Better than the football crowd next door also I gather...
  • dish_dash
    BTW... I though Cameron Myer looked in very good form. Not sure what the issues with leaving Qhubeka were but would be a shame to not return to a pro career.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    BTW... I though Cameron Myer looked in very good form. Not sure what the issues with leaving Qhubeka were but would be a shame to not return to a pro career.

He's been on great form both nights - and Scotson is a super talent
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Wiggo's bars do look rather odd but it must be nice having the "hoods" position. I think the white tape wrapped so close to the stem contributes to the look. I'm never sure why track riders do that?
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,650
    Wiggins always has done that.

I would do the same if I had a say over it.

Why wouldn't you?
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    Wiggo's bars do look rather odd but it must be nice having the "hoods" position. I think the white tape wrapped so close to the stem contributes to the look. I'm never sure why track riders do that?

He always has
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Wiggins always has done that.

I would do the same if I had a say over it.

Why wouldn't you?

I suppose in a madison you would actually hold that bit of the bar when you do the swing. For normal racing you never would. I've always thought it looked weird but it makes sense now I think about it.
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Was great fun last night, building to a popular crescendo at the end.
    Pleasant to also have not felt like the concessions were't ripping people off either.

Those sprinters are big lads!!