Gent 6 Day Fri and Sat Night Middenplein tickets

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,660
edited November 2016 in Pro race
Evening

I tentatively bought tickets to this back in June but I'm not going to be able to make it this year. I have one ticket for each night.

If they accept you, there is a BR posse going, most of whom I ve met and can confirm that they are spiffing people. The erstwhile Disguntled Goat could be your tour guide of Gent and a better one you will not find! A night with his bike club is something to be experienced though you may experience the inside of a wheelie bin or two.

Let me know if you want them and I ll post them over. They re 21 Eur each with a free Beer token (they re not person specific or anything so no worries about that)

I'm guttted I can't go, but have a ski season to prepare for so...

DaveK
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,642
    oooh... tempting... I could probably only do the Sat night. But need to check with the other half first...
  • ddraver
    DG has snapped them up (I thought you were going anyway dish?!?)
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    Shame. Am going to London 6 but vacillated too much about Ghent...
  • ddraver
    Ah, well I'm sure DG is open to offers...you ve met havent you? I'll stop pimping him out though :oops:
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    Ja... DG and I have met... let me consult the other half first.

Where you spending the ski season?
  • ddraver
    Verbier, driving transfers for rich people...
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    One of my geologist friends just quit to do much the same thing... I'm going to go sleep on his floor.

He spent 3 months bike touring round Europe first though, which I didn't get to join him for.
  • ddraver
    Did he quit or was he pushed?
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    Quit. Put in for voluntary redundancy but didn't get it. This was in Aberdeen and the place is a ghost town these days.

My girlfriend worked for one of the helicopter companies and got pushed. Hence the move back down south (yes Manchester is south as far as I'm concerned ;) )
  • dish_dash
    Shame, it's tough atm. We took a hit on one of those helicopter companies...

Verbier for the winter sounds fun though!
  • ddraver
    Hmmm, it's the indiscriminate - ness of it that's most galling. It's one thing to question your self but then people who you KNOW are good get randomly sacked too...
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    ddraver wrote:
    Hmmm, it's the indiscriminate - ness of it that's most galling. It's one thing to question your self but then people who you KNOW are good get randomly sacked too...
    I think for my mate he didn't get voluntary because he was comparatively cheap compared to the more senior guys.

My girlfriend, they decided to get rid of all/most of the HR function and share it with another part of the business (totally unworkable in practice, but hey ho). She was nominally responsible for recruitment so you couldn't really argue too much with her particular situation. The writing had been on the wall for a while.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Shame, it's tough atm. We took a hit on one of those helicopter companies...

Verbier for the winter sounds fun though!

Mmmm....the Mooswirt, Pub Mont Fort...flashbacks....
  • Right, a few of us from the BR parish going out for Fri-Sun, including Jaune Peril and Above the Cows

Gis a shout if you want to join up for beerage
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Right, a few of us from the BR parish going out for Fri-Sun, including Jaune Peril and Above the Cows

Join a bunch of southerners for a beer? Pfft.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • JSCL wrote:
    Right, a few of us from the BR parish going out for Fri-Sun, including Jaune Peril and Above the Cows

How would you know where any of us are from? Eh? EH?
  • JSCL wrote:

Southerner? They must have towed the Isle of Man around to the English Channel whilst I was asleep.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • jscl
    JSCL wrote:

Southerner? They must have towed the Isle of Man around to the English Channel whilst I was asleep.
    One can only hope, might bring you some warmer climates :)

RR: I reckon you're a Derbyshire man.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • bobmcstuff
    JSCL wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

Pretty sure RR's a woman, no?
  • Que?
  • jscl
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

Pretty sure RR's a woman, no?

Probably.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,537

I know a guy who is a big fan of cycling at the weekend... I'm sure he'd love to join you guys. I'll ask him :twisted:
  • Right, a few of us from the BR parish going out for Fri-Sun, including Jaune Peril and Above the Cows

I know a guy who is a big fan of cycling at the weekend... I'm sure he'd love to join you guys. I'll ask him :twisted:

Marv. We can show him what a bike looks like.
  • JSCL wrote:

I'm out there Sat & Sun. Wold be good to meet up with you Northerners from the forum.

I also have a couple of spares. Both are seating but I'll mainly be across in middelplein on Saturday. Sunday, less sure, am driving home after.
  • JSCL wrote:

I'm out there Sat & Sun. Wold be good to meet up with you Northerners from the forum.

I also have a couple of spares. Both are seating but I'll mainly be across in middelplein on Saturday. Sunday, less sure, am driving home after.

Great :D Drop me a PM...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,159
    You're all a bunch of gits and I hope you have a terrible time!

Definitely fancy going next year, it can double as a birthday weekend.
  • ddraver
    Yeah, I may have to boycott myself from this or else i'm going to cry. If any of your order something from amazon that ends up in my van, I'm keeping it...
    - @ddraver
  • JSCL wrote:

Ghent ligt ten zuiden van Amsterdam!
    Correlation is not causation.
  • bobmcstuff
    Is this going to be on the telly? I've been really enjoying the London 6 day and track world Champs coverage on the turbo (although the sprints do mess with my power targets...).

The Madison in particular - big favourite.
  • ddraver
    All the action happens in the middle of the track in a Gent 6 Day Madison...

I'm a bit worried about AtC, she's prime wheelie bin fodder ;)
    - @ddraver