Visibility

13»

Comments

• de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    AnthonyCo wrote:
    ... nearly cycled into the (Basingstoke) canal twice after being left blinded.
    You should have done what any decent motorist would have done when faced with something blinding
    their vision; slow down, and if necessary, stop, until it has passed. :wink:
  • MTB rider with the dullest rear light I've ever seen. I thought it was a reflector until I saw it was a flashing light as I passed him. He had 3 tiny flashing LEDs attached to his rucksack too but they weren't visible beyond about 20 meters at most. Otherwise he was very stealthy.

There's a lot at work who have cheap MTBs and use very cheap lights often mounted low down on seatpost with a mudguard preventing it from being seen from behind. They don't lock their bikes up neither. Daft!
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,616
    For commuting in winter times I wear a hi-viz jacket, full on yellow thing. Its a bit naff but if it makes a bit of difference then I think I may as well take every chance I have, right? I can look beautiful at weekends when I'm on a nice bike and don't have a stupid bag annoying me.

I also wear it to play the game a little. One less cyclist in hi viz and not in black means one less cyclist for sad drivers to moan about. Possibly.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    AnthonyCo wrote:

What annoys me is when other cyclists don't aim their front lights to the ground, but straight forward. Completely blinds me, nearly cycled into the (Basingstoke) canal twice after being left blinded.

I got dazzled by some idiot with an overbright light pointed straight ahead on the Baisingstoke canal. When I said his light was too bright he he said "Yeah!" in a cheery voice as if II'd paid him a complement.