2nd hand bib shorts

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I didn't believe coriordan originally, but now i definitely do!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498

Your initial 'apology' was somewhat diluted by the fact that you were still of the opinion that the evidence was 'out there' but was no longer available.

Assuming the subsequent apology is genuine, then accepted.
    I'm sure we could cobble together some video evidence that looks genuine ... ;)

Seriously - I'd be exceedingly surprised if anyone takes what has been said on this thread seriously - even if it were researching a poster for honesty in selling s/h cycling clothes ..
  • tenohfive
    tenohfive Posts: 152
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Most shorts will have been worn for several hours on end, had a very sweaty backside intimately soiling the chamois which is quite absorbent and then washed at a recommended 30 degrees, clearly not hot enough to kill off any bacteria residing in the chamois.

Gross.

I'm amused by the suggestion that said bacteria is somehow harmful to you, but that your own bacteria - cultured by all those gross, sweaty arsecrack hours in the saddle - is perfectly fine.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    It's a head over heart decision.

Head says makes sense

Heart says EUGH
  • So seeing that some are now taking Corordian's word over mine (thanks for that mate), and to put this one to bed, here are the shorts in question, some Castelli FAR's about 1.5 years old, pretty much perfect really, apart from a small patch of transparency to the side/rear quarter.

And clearly, the pad is in perfect condition. And I was offering them for free.

I kinda think that if you're selling wheels, frames, etc. for over £2000, it's best that prospective buyers don't think you sell stuff with s h 1 t smeared all over them.

IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I kinda think that if you're selling wheels, frames, etc. for over £2000, it's best that prospective buyers don't think you sell stuff with s h 1 t smeared all over them.

If you're smeering the brown smelly stuff all over your frames and wheels then you've got something wrong with you ... ;)

I don't think anyone cares about the shorts - true or - as you say - false ... it was just a bit of fun :roll:
  • Slowbike wrote:

If you're smeering the brown smelly stuff all over your frames and wheels then you've got something wrong with you ... ;)

I don't think anyone cares about the shorts - true or - as you say - false ... it was just a bit of fun :roll:

So if I singled you out, personally by name, and insulted you and you reputation on a public forum, you'd be cool with that?

I'm all for having a laugh - if this was me with a group of mates down the pub, we'd laugh it off. But I don't know Coriordan from Adam, and we're not down the pub, so not sure what provoked it.
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    So seeing that some are now taking Corordian's word over mine (thanks for that mate), and to put this one to bed, here are the shorts in question, some Castelli FAR's about 1.5 years old, pretty much perfect really, apart from a small patch of transparency to the side/rear quarter.

And clearly, the pad is in perfect condition. And I was offering them for free.

IMG_2705.jpg
    IMG_2706.jpg
    IMG_2707.jpg

Have you not got a video?
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,846
    tenohfive wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    Most shorts will have been worn for several hours on end, had a very sweaty backside intimately soiling the chamois which is quite absorbent and then washed at a recommended 30 degrees, clearly not hot enough to kill off any bacteria residing in the chamois.

Gross.

I'm amused by the suggestion that said bacteria is somehow harmful to you, but that your own bacteria - cultured by all those gross, sweaty arsecrack hours in the saddle - is perfectly fine.

Mmmmmm!

Would you pick someone else's nose?
  • fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    Navrig2 wrote:

Michael Jackson did !
  • dinyull
    dinyull Posts: 2,979
    fat daddy wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Michael Jackson did !

Haha, good work!
  • tenohfive
    tenohfive Posts: 152
    Navrig2 wrote:
    tenohfive wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Gross.

Mmmmmm!

I've yet to find any takers, but the internet's a big place so the hunt continues.

In the meantime I'll have to settle for taking public transport, answering office phones, picking up kids toys etc for my fix of handling other peoples snot.
  • fat daddy
    my favourite has to be bowls of shared food like crisps and nuts

hmmmmmmm, might as well start licking peoples faces and toilets ..... suppose it works for dogs !
  • navrig2
    tenohfive wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:
    tenohfive wrote:
    Navrig2 wrote:

Gross.

Mmmmmm!

I've yet to find any takers, but the internet's a big place so the hunt continues.

In the meantime I'll have to settle for taking public transport, answering office phones, picking up kids toys etc for my fix of handling other peoples snot.

That's passive contamination and why, as kids, we are all taught to wash our hands before food and not put our fingers on our mouths. Perhaps we need to tell our kid not to wear each others' underpants........
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Slowbike wrote:

So if I singled you out, personally by name, and insulted you and you reputation on a public forum, you'd be cool with that?

I'm all for having a laugh - if this was me with a group of mates down the pub, we'd laugh it off. But I don't know Coriordan from Adam, and we're not down the pub, so not sure what provoked it.

judging by your post count i'd say you've been around the internet for long enough to know that 72% of what is written is sarcastic, 23% is made up and the remaining 15% just doesn't make sense.

No one would believe what was said was true - chill out!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • this has to be the best thread I've read on this forum
  • this has to be the best thread I've read on this forum

Well as I said earlier in the week, it's been pretty slow and boring lately, feels like it's dying a death, so at least this has given people something to read.....
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I take all those who have said no due to the hygiene issue. I presume you have only had sex with virgins.

I'm only guessing you've had sex :twisted:
  • navrig2
    Webboo wrote:
    I take all those who have said no due to the hygiene issue. I presume you have only had sex with virgins.

I'm only guessing you've had sex :twisted:

That's active contamination which is why as young kids we would all avoid touching the opposite gender and if you did, the reaction would be the same as an adult wearing 2nd hand bib shorts.

Yeuch.
  • fat daddy
    Webboo wrote:

:

Erm ..... How to put this ? .... Ok

I wouldn't buy used bib shorts off men on the Internet, in the same way I wouldn't have sex with those same men !!!

I would have sex with women I find attractive .... And I might possibly buy their used bib shorts :D;)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,428
    this has to be the best thread I've read on this forum

You haven't been here very long:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12838538&hilit=decals
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Pinno wrote:

You haven't been here very long:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12838538&hilit=decals

Amusing, didn't make it through the 506 posts :shock:
  • Seems like im in the minority in this thread.
    I have a pair of 2nd hand bib shorts and I have no issues using them.

A good wash and airing and the previous owner is all forgotten about.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    you're new here aren't you, this has a long way to go to get close to the classics, has anyone ever started a 'classics thread' with links to past greats... I've been in tears reading some of them especially the one about the mountain biker that was offered a bike for favours by a man he had just met... thread gold, wish I could find it again :D
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Providing you wash them properly first its a lot more sanitary than taking a dump at work or in a pub.
  • Anonymous
    fat daddy wrote:
    my favourite has to be bowls of shared food like crisps and nuts

I generally don't do that either though!
  • kiteloopy wrote:
    Seems like im in the minority in this thread.
    I have a pair of 2nd hand bib shorts and I have no issues using them.

A good wash and airing and the previous owner is all forgotten about.

What about if they had skid marks? would you still be happy to give them a proper wash?
  • navrig2
    trek_dan wrote:
    Providing you wash them properly first its a lot more sanitary than taking a dump at work or in a pub.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/can-clothes ... germs.aspx
    If the items you are washing are likely to cause illness (high risk), they should be washed at 60C with a bleach-based product. Items are likely to cause illness if you have someone in your home who has an infectious illness.

I wonder how many pairs of Assos and Rapha bib shorts are washed at 60 degrees with a bleach product after being bough from the Bike Radar classifieds?

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/salmonella ... ction.aspx

Salmonella can reside in someone's gut without making them ill but they can still pass it on to others including via clothing.
    If someone has salmonella, wash all dirty clothes, bedding and towels in the washing machine on the hottest cycle possible.
  • Anonymous
    trek_dan wrote:

Not sure how you figure that out?

Unless I am using public toilets wrong and:

A/ You are meant to rub your ar5e crack on the seat.

B/ You are even meant to make direct skin contact with anything in there at all.

Not sure that "its a lot more sanitary" is even the point.
  • Anonymous
    Underpants ok?
    Used, but washed hanky?
    Used but washed terry nappies?

The fact that perves steal clean (that have been washed at a higher temp, possibly with biological detergent) women's undies off of washing lines, gives some indication to the soundness of buying used mens bib shorts IMO 8)

Apart from cleanliness, what about if the muppet owner had washed them incorrectly?
    Good for skids, but not for kit.

How much are these used bib shorts costing anyway?
    Could you just have got them for a similar price in a sale?

In the mirror, long hard look must you take (courtesy of Yoda translator.com).