2016 Worlds *spoilers*

Comments

• stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Fine margins as well for GB with Swift and Thwaites just failing to make leaders group. Whole different complexion to view of early tactics if they'd made it across.
  • If the Germans don't make the junction, I suspect there will be an angry German team bus!
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Degenkolb. You are acting like a knob.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Degenkolb losing it!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,655
    Haha enjoyed that.
  • GB seems to being getting it tight here for getting their leader in the front group, whilst other teams have missed the move and not a mention. I wonder why that is?
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    thought it sounded like Degenkolb was accusing the Belgian guy of doing something dangerous, but we didn't see anything.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Pross wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    I'll criticise any team that cocks up, especially in such an obvious way. If it was a one off then fair enough, but it's not. It's the story of Team GB at the worlds for the last 4 years.

So where have you criticised the Germans and French then?

twitter :wink:

(but at least those 2 teams don't do this EVERY YEAR!!!)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Sounds like he's just annoyed that the Belgian is doing exactly what Degenkolb would do were the roles reversed.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • ddraver
    GB seems to being getting it tight here for getting their leader in the front group, whilst other teams have missed the move and not a mention. I wonder why that is?
    ddraver wrote:
    PuttyKnees wrote:
    I can't see how the GB performance can be criticised at this stage. Big effort to ensure two riders make the lead group, one of which must be in with a shout, and other one is no slouch even if he is an unpalatable character.

Well...

Cav started with 7 team mates

Sagan started with 2

Both are now in the same position. It's not great really is it...

Cav and Blythe are great racers. For some reason when GB go to a worlds (save Copenhagen) they leave their brains on the bus.
    - @ddraver
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,632
    Terpstra has to have a go for a break at some point?
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    DTF?
  • ddraver
    54km

1 50 to group 2 with a broken Kittel and an insanely strong Degenkolb on the front of it
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    GB seems to being getting it tight here for getting their leader in the front group, whilst other teams have missed the move and not a mention. I wonder why that is?
    ddraver wrote:
    PuttyKnees wrote:
    I can't see how the GB performance can be criticised at this stage. Big effort to ensure two riders make the lead group, one of which must be in with a shout, and other one is no slouch even if he is an unpalatable character.

Well...

Sagan started with 2

Cav and Blythe are great racers. For some reason when GB go to a worlds (save Copenhagen) they leave their brains on the bus.

Can you link to all your posts about France and Germany? They completely missed the group and are around 2 minutes behind.

I'll tell you again, team GB have got their leader with a teammate in the lead group, I'm sure they are happy with that. You are criticizing them because it's Team Gb.
  • ddraver
    Seriously great to see Degenkolb back and on form. Looking good for the classics season next year.
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    So how many times does this need to happen before British Cycling - or whoever - realises that smashing the first 100km on the front is a terrible tactic
    They have two riders in the selection of 26 including the fastest sprinter. They're doing OK. Lots of teams would love that situation.

Millar's constant criticism is because he desperately wants to be in charge of the GB team.

Have to disagree there, Rich.
    The team sat on the front working, right up until they needed to be there, then fell apart.
    Scott Thwaites has been on the deck and he's still managing to ride in group 2.
    Really disappointing from Team Wales and Stannard.

At some point, Cav is going to get worked over by GVA, Terpstra etc.

There are some nations that have performed worse, though.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • At some point, Cav is going to get worked over by GVA, Terpstra etc.

Stannard showed everyone how to deal with that...
  • ddraver
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    PuttyKnees wrote:

Well...

Sagan started with 2

Can you link to all your posts about France and Germany? They completely missed the group and are around 2 minutes behind.

I'll tell you again, team GB have got their leader with a teammate in the lead group, I'm sure they are happy with that. You are criticizing them because it's Team Gb.

No, I'm over this now. Saddles and I disagree with you, big deal. Watch the race.
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    PuttyKnees wrote:

Well...

Sagan started with 2

No, I'm over this now. Saddles and I disagree with you, big deal. Watch the race.

Didn't think so. Enjoy the race, I hope GB continue to disappoint you.
  • ddraver
    manic_esso wrote:
    At some point, Cav is going to get worked over by GVA, Terpstra etc.

Stannard showed everyone how to deal with that...

If I was Cav I'd glue myself to Sagan's wheel...or Tommeke's...oh I don't know

(which is quite a thing given what we expected of this race)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    edited October 2016
    DP...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Didn't think so. Enjoy the race, I hope GB continue to disappoint you.

I really thought better of you, oh well.
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Robbie McEwen ‏@mcewenrobbie
    #doha2016 @EBhagen’s job for #NOR teammate @Kristoff87 suits his trade team mate @MarkCavendish perfectly…..

Bit of a stretch Rob...
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    Degenkolb literally rides himself into the ground. Failed hero but still, Hero!
    - @ddraver
  • Stop talking the nation down, Dave!

:wink:
  • Over 3 minutes now.
    So, it's down to the Belgians to lose and the Italians to try to make sure they do.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ddraver
    Oh sure, it's cute when Chasey does it but me???
    - @ddraver
  • (But can you please stop double posting the same posts here and Twitter...it's like stereo...
  • ddraver
    Ha ha, I'm a wee bit excited. I think it's the total unexpectedness of it ;)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver
    So given the precedent set by GvA after the olympics, what's Tommeke going to buy the Belgian team if he wins?
    - @ddraver