Pokerface's Paralympics

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    It's open to the public, though as the Master's Track Champs are on at the same time, they may charge you £5 to get into the building. Time not confirmed, but will be in the afternoon between sessions. I'm keeping this one low-key and yes, have new tyres!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Pokerface wrote:
    It's open to the public, though as the Master's Track Champs are on at the same time, they may charge you £5 to get into the building. Time not confirmed, but will be in the afternoon between sessions. I'm keeping this one low-key and yes, have new tyres!
    You can try keeping it low key - I reckon there will be a few from here at least though ;)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Good luck for tomorrow
  • Is there a live (text) feed anywhere? At work, video feed not an option, and unable to find anything via searching, Twitter, etc.
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    So I think he's on the road now.
    This site showing finishing leaderboard, with only one finisher so far
    https://www.rio2016.com/en/paralympics/ ... e-trial-c2
  • Mad_Malx
    In silver spot with only a few left to come in
  • Ooh, Ch4 Paralymics site has live leaderboard. (Can't paste in as blocked on work PC, which I'm typing on)

Colin 2nd at 10km with 3 riders yet to go through...
    @shraap | My Men 2016: G, Yogi, Cav, Boonen, Degenkolb, Martin, J-Rod, Kudus, Chaves
  • Mad_Malx
    So I'm looking at split time - how long is the race?
  • Still 2nd with all through the 10km check

Malx - no idea, Ch4 page just says "Finish"
  • First couple of finishers in around twice the time of 10k split, so guess around 20k?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Second so far at the finish
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    In silver still -
    Finish 20.0 Km 13:24.59 28:02.25 +19.09 2
    Average Speed (KM/H): 42.800 km/h
  • RichN95.
    Only one to finish - so a guaranteed medal
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Silver :)
  • RichN95.
    And he finishes with silver. 19s behind the Canadian.

Well done Colin.
  • Mad_Malx
    WOOO!
    Congrats Pokerface!
    Made up a few seconds after the split, well done!
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Nice one! Congratulations Colin
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    That is amazing news, having met Colin and ridden with him on a couple of BikeRadar Spring rides organised by NapD couldn't be happier for him. Just shows what commitment and dedication can bring. Well done Colin!
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    Yay! Congratulations Colin. Great result.
  • Wow - well done!
  • Excellent!
    Annoyingly, after his tip, I wanted to put some money on him getting a podium, but it seems no betting website is bothered about the paralympics! :-(
    left the forum March 2023
  • Well done!
  • Brilliant PF, well done!! Look forward to the selfies with the medal!
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Nice one, Colin!
  • Well done Colin.
  • Congratulations Pokerface. Massive well done.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    edited September 2016
    Great result. Congratulations Colin. So glad those SpringFling rides made a difference #marginalgains
  • He's gone big-time on us. It's been hours now and he's not posted, he's moved on to all his new media buddies and groupies. ;)
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Fantastic
    Half man, Half bike
  • He's gone big-time on us. It's been hours now and he's not posted, he's moved on to all his new media buddies and groupies. ;)

Might just be struggling to pee under the watchful eye of the testers. I assume it makes it as uncomfortable as that advert for impotence pills you used to see at motorway service stations (for those who haven't had the full horror, above the urinals was a poster of three or four blokes hiding their tackle with hats. One of them isn't having to use his hands. We're supposed to think that this is good for him, but consider - he's in the toilets, he's watching you urinate, he's naked, and apparently he finds all this a massive turn on...)

On which horrible, horrible digression, congratulations Colin!!!