VAM, weight, power

13»

Comments

• Chateau, what intervals were you doing?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

Mixed... my commute to work is 12 miles. I have 8 short intervals (about 1 minute) coinciding with inclines which I try to do full on and a final 2 miles completely flat (actually probably 1% downhill) which I try to do in around 5 min (bear in mind I am on single speed 42 x 16 so speed is kind of capped to 25 mph/120 rpm, just can't spin faster)
    left the forum March 2023

Mixed... my commute to work is 12 miles. I have 8 short intervals (about 1 minute) coinciding with inclines which I try to do full on and a final 2 miles completely flat (actually probably 1% downhill) which I try to do in around 5 min (bear in mind I am on single speed 42 x 16 so speed is kind of capped to 25 mph/120 rpm, just can't spin faster)

Sounds similar to the Sufferfest Revolver vworkout, 15 x 1 minute intervals. Seriously hard work though, well done.

Sounds similar to the Sufferfest Revolver vworkout, 15 x 1 minute intervals. Seriously hard work though, well done.

Thanks... what I need to know is if this translates into better VAM also on long climbs... not that I have any round here... :roll:
  • First time I climb for nearly 5 minutes with a VAM in excess of 1300 mt/h... happy days :-)
  • First time I climb for nearly 5 minutes with a VAM in excess of 1300 mt/h... happy days :-)

When is your next trip to the big stuff?

When is your next trip to the big stuff?

Probably next year Easter time, by the look of things. The longest climb in the Cotswolds is about 9-10 minutes...
  • robbo2011
    robbo2011 Posts: 1,017
    First time I climb for nearly 5 minutes with a VAM in excess of 1300 mt/h... happy days :-)

What you are doing seems to be working. How often are you doing these interval type rides? every day?
  • robbo2011 wrote:
    First time I climb for nearly 5 minutes with a VAM in excess of 1300 mt/h... happy days :-)

What you are doing seems to be working. How often are you doing these interval type rides? every day?

3 times a week, in the morning... then a pint of skimmed milk when I get to work
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Chateau, what intervals were you doing?

Chateau?
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.