Ride London 2017

Comments

• Hah great, I'm away...

Got my riding mate on the ball to text me if we get the packs through the post.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    Hah great, I'm away...

Got my riding mate on the ball to text me if we get the packs through the post.

You can usually find out online though, as there is a way of using your login to check whether you need to make a payment (ie you got through).

I think the past couple of years, people managed to find the link before the magazines had even arrived.
  • hatone wrote:
    403 permission denied error here. I guess it's not live yet.
  • Cliveyp
    Cliveyp Posts: 173
    vpnikolov wrote:
    hatone wrote:

I have managed to get it to a login page but it doesn't accept my details. I've also registered for the Freecycle with the family and I can't login to that account either so I'm not really sure if they've taken all accounts down. Anyone managed to log in?
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
    2001 Giant Boulder - Sold
  • Cliveyp wrote:
    vpnikolov wrote:
    hatone wrote:

I have managed to get it to a login page but it doesn't accept my details. I've also registered for the Freecycle with the family and I can't login to that account either so I'm not really sure if they've taken all accounts down. Anyone managed to log in?
    I requested a change of password, they emailed a link to change it and the account name as well.
  • Cliveyp
    vpnikolov wrote:

I requested a change of password, they emailed a link to change it and the account name as well.[/quote]

What does it tell you when you log in? Anything to confirm a place?
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
  • Cliveyp wrote:
    vpnikolov wrote:

I requested a change of password, they emailed a link to change it and the account name as well.

What does it tell you when you log in? Anything to confirm a place?[/quote]
    Error - 403 Permission Denied.
  • Cliveyp
    Judging by the fact that it doesn't recognise my username, even if I try and login for the Freecycle, i'd guess i've been unlucky.

On the flipside, if its not recognising me when I try to log in for the freecycle, thats a pretty bad system! How does it expect me to sort out my details??
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
  • It could be they've managed to stop the loopholes from working of course...
    Le Cannon [98 Cannondale M400] [FCN: 8]
    The Mad Monkey [2013 Hoy 003] [FCN: 4]
  • Cliveyp
    That'd be nice....but i'm still not expecting to be successful.

Question is (if i'm not in luck), charity place or just do the ballot for the 46?
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    depends how desperate you are to ride in London ...
  • Cliveyp
    Slowbike wrote:
    depends how desperate you are to ride in London ...

We'll be down there anyway as the hotel is already booked, and the daughter and wife are booked into the Freecycle, so it might be nice to get out and take advantage of the closed roads when they're available....
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
  • slowbike
    Well - results of the ballot are out today - still couldn't log in to that page though - perhaps it's not that one?
  • Cliveyp
    Slowbike wrote:
    Well - results of the ballot are out today - still couldn't log in to that page though - perhaps it's not that one?

I'm not sure. It looks official, but same as you, I can't log in and don't get a password reset email either. Be interesting to hear back from those that got the 404 error earlier this week to see if they have got in.

So many people have stated that the Realbuzz account is a good way of finding out, but funnily enough, everyone that has tried that route has got the same result (not in), so I don't think that works either!
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
  • Seems like the magazines are starting to come through - just had mine and surprise surprise for the 4th straight year i haven't got in.

Starting to think their ballot system isn't an entirely fair and equal process.....
    Cannondale Caad8
    Canyon Aeroad 8.0

http://www.strava.com/athletes/goodhewt
  • Login page really slow today. Same error.

Shouldn't be the end of the world if I don't get in. Did it last year through a charity, but want to do it through the ballot once.
  • 4th straight no for me. Did it for the 1st time last year through club place. May try that route again.
  • Cliveyp
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Login page really slow today. Same error.

Shouldn't be the end of the world if I don't get in. Did it last year through a charity, but want to do it through the ballot once.

Not convinced that link is any good. A friend has got in and still can't log in to that page. He, like me, has also tried a password reset and received no email.
    2015 Ridley Fenix 105
    2012 Cube Ltd SL
    2011 Trek 1.2 - Sold
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    i look forward to getting home tonight if the magazines are out there today
  • Cliveyp wrote:
    vpnikolov wrote:
    Login page really slow today. Same error.

Not convinced that link is any good. A friend has got in and still can't log in to that page. He, like me, has also tried a password reset and received no email.

I assume the page will be live next week when all packs have been sent out.
  • Cliveyp wrote:
    So many people have stated that the Realbuzz account is a good way of finding out, but funnily enough, everyone that has tried that route has got the same result (not in), so I don't think that works either!

I checked both mine and the missus' realbuzz accounts last night, both looked identical on all pages. Magazines arrived today and she got in while I didn't (first rejection in 3 years) so I don't think the account gives any clue either way.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Tjgoodhew wrote:
    Seems like the magazines are starting to come through - just had mine and surprise surprise for the 4th straight year i haven't got in.

Starting to think their ballot system isn't an entirely fair and equal process.....
    you could say the same about the lottery. I keep entering but they never pick my numbers
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    I've received the rejection magazine, again. :(

The older I get, the better I was.

• Got my magazine today and for the first time I'm in, 3rd time of trying.
  • Prudential RideCharity feels like a more appropriate name.

And yes, rejected.
  • slowbike
    So far in the family - 3 rejections 1 accepted. Waiting on the 5th.
    Said everyone should put in for a ballot. But the others didn't want to.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    3rd entry
    3rd failure

Might go for a charity place instead.
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    I got TWO rejection magazines.
    Surely a letter or email would suffice.I wonder how much the magazine and postage costs and how many they send out?
  • ibbo68 wrote:
    I got TWO rejection magazines.
    Surely a letter or email would suffice.I wonder how much the magazine and postage costs and how many they send out?
    The advertisements in there must cover the costs. But I agree, it is a waste of paper... I threw away most, kept the magazine for a couple things to read, but will bin it soon.