Ride London Chipper stopped mid race???... Now with spoilers

Comments

• poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    BBC can't even do a live broadcast in London!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Alan Ha Ha
    Alan Ha Ha Posts: 88
    Same thing happened with coverage last year or the year before. Muppets.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Hup Tommeke
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    Froome up at the front, can't help himself can he?!
  • ddraver
    WIR SINGT UMPAH UMPAH UMPAH TOMMEKE BOONEN!
    - @ddraver
  • frisbee
    frisbee Posts: 691
    Impressive how they completely missed getting the person who won the sprint in frame.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Then cutting the overhead shot to interview Boonen...proof that this country still doesn't understand bike racing.
  • ddraver
    Revenge for Gent

Stannard-Legends-Jersey-1440x960.jpg
    - @ddraver
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    BBC providing Basque levels of coverage there.
  • 'kin brilliant race - the power of the WT teams and the strength of the peloton - - I really really enjoyed that :)
  • madden2011
    madden2011 Posts: 142
    Just catching up on the race now, what a shambles the last 10k was. BBC doesn't seem to do live cycling on TV very well (if it was indeed them providing pictures)
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    madden2011 wrote:
    Just catching up on the race now, what a shambles the last 10k was. BBC doesn't seem to do live cycling on TV very well (if it was indeed them providing pictures)

Anything over 250m is a struggle for the BBC
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • horizon
    horizon Posts: 91
    Fantastic race … until we lost all the pictures at the critical stage. Terrible. Loved the mobile Millar though - they should have used him more.
  • ddraver
    its a double shame as - and im sure this will send me plunging down DeVs poster ranking - before that, it was genuinely exemplary. Proper explanations from Brotherton with realminsight from Brian Smith and Gilmore with Millar adding useful insight and informarion from the moto

Sporza level good!
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    Cotgk4zWYAAzQTN.jpg:large

Missed it, dinner required my attention
    Roast beef was nice though
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Cotgk4zWYAAzQTN.jpg:large

Missed it, dinner required my attention
    Roast beef was nice though

class :lol:
  • ddraver
    http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/sp ... /1.2726612

As Renshaw said himself, he should ve kept the door shut...
    - @ddraver
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    Watching the footage recorded today from the bbc - Tis arse.
    Who the fncked is Mark Weber and what is formula one?
    Millar on the bike is pure comedy. I don't think that their rider knew what needed filming.
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,744
    ddraver wrote:
    its a double shame as - and im sure this will send me plunging down DeVs poster ranking - before that, it was genuinely exemplary. Proper explanations from Brotherton with realminsight from Brian Smith and Gilmore with Millar adding useful insight and informarion from the moto

Sporza level good!

Not at all DD, looked a decent race and that team sound like a strong one, if I'd realised it was on BBC I would probably have recorded that rather than Eurosport.

I think Sky might be kicking themselves for Stannard waiting too long to go after Thomas but maybe he didn't have the legs he normally does. Good to see Boonen winning the sprint.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,006
    smithy21 wrote:
    BBC providing Basque levels of coverage there.

I'm thinking more early season South America.

Nice to see Tommeke can still mix it. Liked the commentator at the end: WC, Paris-roubaix, Flanders, ... and now ride London.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Boonen said in his interview he got dropped twice during the race, nice come back.

Good to see a big name rider win it, and good to see a proper race too :)
  • The pros put on a good show, but they and the race were very poorly served by the organisers greed: too many sportive riders, especially for the 100. You have a major problem and it screws up the flow, with major backlogs for the sportive riders still to come. Then the impact on the pro race - which should never be allowed to happen.

Amateur hour.

Limit the entrants especially for the 100. And have the last wave go off no later than 0730.

They want this to be WT next year? Ha!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Well it is supposed to be about mass participation primarily isn't it?
  • Really pleased for the Tornado.

The race is poor though.
  • Boonen looked the thinnest I've seen him??
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    I've since been advised that the organisers (Mick's VERY experienced) wanted to delay the start of the race, but it was the police who insisted the race started from a security standpoint as their preference was to stop the race in a random location on the road when the time came rather than maintaining a very busy presence back at Horse Guards.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,562
    Good for Tommeke

Astonished that Radio 4 news at 0530 this morning was STILL calling him Dutch though...
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,195
    Good race I thought. Shame the coverage bombed out with a few k to go as up until then it had been really good. Millar on the moto was excellent (and looked to be thoroughly enjoying himself!)
  • Thoroughly enjoyed that. Watched the race from Esher, know the route like the back of my hand (could probably map out pot holes/road surfaces if you like!). Narrow roads and plenty of kicks split the race up nicely IMO. The pace that the peloton came down on the break after Kingston/Wimbledon was insane. Gutted the time splits disappeared. There was a period of maybe a minute or two when Stijn Vandenburgh went on the front and the gap came down around 20 seconds in that small window.

Also, +1 for #MotoMillar. Thought it added a good dimension to the coverage.
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,470
    sadly one of the affected sportive riders has died of a heart attack.

it was only a matter of time before the pro race was affected by the sportive. in previous years they've had to pull sportive riders off the road so the pro race can pass. as someone said above it's pure greed. if you can't have them on different days change the route so you can. there's no need for them to ride in to central London for a sportive.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago