TdF 2016 stage 6 **spoilers**

kleinstroker
kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
edited July 2016 in Pro race
Arpajon-sur-Cere - Montauban

Last chance for a while for the sprinters to make a mark before the race heads up into serious mountain territory. GVA should have no trouble holding on to yellow for today.

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

Le Fromage

Bleu des Causses - cousin to the wonderful Roquefort, blue cheese seems to be popular in Aveyron

bleu-des-causses.jpg

Le Donkey

Pyrenean Donkey

anon-elevage-monedies-B.jpg

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Some nice gorges today - going through the Truyere, Aveyron and Lot valleys which cut East-West through the limestone plateaus.

212_1_113811.jpg

Villefranche-de-Rouergue, on the Aveyron

Also dropping off the Massif Central into the Aquitain Basin as we head towards the Pyrenees.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Un Cheeky Vache au Montauban:

vache_ville-300x225.jpg

Le broomwagon dan le Gorges du Tarn:

Gorges+du+Tarn.+15th+April..jpg
    Correlation is not causation.
  • bobmcstuff
    Cor look at that bedding /\
  • above_the_cows
    That's what the cow said before it decided to have some fun with the local fauna.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    The weather set to enter the 30s.

etape_6.png

The local(ish) medicine.
    P2130014.jpg
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,716
    #tourdefranceweather
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,973
    I debated riding over to Caylus with a couple of mates to watch today but events overtook that plan, plus I wimped out.... it would have been around 70+ miles round trip and the temperature here is around 30 degrees at the moment.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    Is anyone else worried that the world's most innovative internet race thread format is very close to descending into a Countryfile/Coast/Rick Stein spends a weekend in... pastiche?
    Half man, Half bike
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Is anyone else worried that the world's most innovative internet race thread format is very close to descending into a Countryfile/Coast/Rick Stein spends a weekend in... pastiche?

No.

Though to be fair, I'd love to see "Rick Stein spends a weekend in The Peloton". Preferably on some mountain stages.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • bobmcstuff
    Ridgerider wrote:

Nah, could use more rider pictures etc. though (can't believe I'm saying it, but missing Frenchie's contribution on that front).
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,313
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Habitual PTP Thread Mocker Bemoans Pastiched Tour Thread Shocker.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

Nah, could use more rider pictures etc. though (can't believe I'm saying it, but missing Frenchie's contribution on that front).

Are you sure? Sure you're sure? OK, here goes....TdG in full poka dot
    cmwwr8uw8aaw80y_670.jpg
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    inseine wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:

Are you sure? Sure you're sure? OK, here goes....TdG in full poka dot
    cmwwr8uw8aaw80y_670.jpg

At least he didn't go full polka-dot and do shorts and socks as well...
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • inseine
    Michael Morkov limping in dead last yesterday, 33 mins down. Brave

174543_7R9A9976.jpg
  • inseine
    At least he didn't go full polka-dot and do shorts and socks as well...

I think gloves and power meter is a good effort..
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Too much cheese, wine, cows etc; dull boring stage etc. Get the complaints out of the way early shall we.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Ridgerider wrote:

I don't know, can you post a link to it?
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,852
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Ridgerider wrote:
    Habitual PTP Thread Mocker Bemoans Pastiched Tour Thread Shocker.

Tell you what, I'll drop in some appropriate stage architecture where appropriate and we'll see how close it gets to ITV.'s 'caroline quentin visits...'.

All I was encouraging is that we ensure this place stays more akin to 'jack Hargreaves Out of Town'

(I hope you don't think of me as a thead mocker!)

Anyway...back to the racing.
    Half man, Half bike
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,162
    edited July 2016
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • above_the_cows
    Ridgerider wrote:

No.

Though to be fair, I'd love to see "Rick Stein spends a weekend in The Peloton". Preferably on some mountain stages.

This would be amazing!
    bobmcstuff wrote:

I miss Frenchie. Go back through the old post of the Tour threads and you'll realise what a contribution he made.
  • above_the_cows
    josame wrote:
    C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved%20Images_Cmvx66gXgAAlBoy

An early contender for Post of the Tour.
  • josame
    Thanks AtC

This is what I was going for:

Cmvx66gXgAAlBoy.jpg

Good job Frenchie is no longer on here..
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • above_the_cows
    I thought maybe you'd stumbled upon the Brexit plan.

Nice pic though, is that Bertie slipping out the back? Poor Bert.
  • josame
    Yarp v sad (imo)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,704
    live now with the break at 140kms to go. Given there are a few lumps ahead, this is going to be another 5pm finish
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Ridgerider wrote:

We're merely honouring the memory of the great David Duffield.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,760
    Who only knows cycling knows nothing of the TdF
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Ridgerider wrote:

On the contrary, I think it demonstrates what a gloriously eccentric and eclectic bunch we are!
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    They're just going though the motions, whats the point of day after day of long stages... the lads go just fast enough not to compromise positions or strategy. Would the race be worse off if the stages were reduced to 150/160k?
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,570
    Bo Duke wrote:
    They're just going though the motions, whats the point of day after day of long stages... the lads go just fast enough not to compromise positions or strategy. Would the race be worse off if the stages were reduced to 150/160k?

If they had shorter stages the riders would be complaining about long transfers.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago