• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,659
    Sagan won that with real ease.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I thought he was going to do that for a bit
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,536
    Sagan is probably up to five or six days now that he has ridden the tour and not been leading the points competition.
  • rick_chasey
    Valverde a cheeky 3rd.

Froome top 10.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Sagan is the absolute bo1locks, isn't he?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • TheBigBean
    Ah, Sagan was racing for 3rd, that's how he won.
  • rick_chasey
    If you have the legs to find yourself on the front with 340m to go, hold it in for a bit, accelerate onto a wheel which leaves the rest behind and THEN accelerate again. Nom nom.
  • TheBigBean
    (he thought there were two riders ahead of him)
  • newton98
    newton98 Posts: 35
    Sagan is very impressive, although I still don't understand the rider market when someone that good only has (now dispelled) rumours for Bora Argon for next season.
  • salsiccia1
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Kirby calls minute & 6 when you can see the peloton 100 m back!

Got a bit of sympathy with him this time, the time gaps reported were to Cav and me confused for a bit.
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    Not sure which egit at PaddyPower let me place a bet on the winning margin of being <59 seconds.. but they did. Not amazing odds, but paid off none the less!

7ue19f1m
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • salsiccia1
    newton98 wrote:
    Sagan is very impressive, although I still don't understand the rider market when someone that good only has (now dispelled) rumours for Bora Argon for next season.

He'll want mucho $$$$$, very few teams will have it
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    JSCL wrote:
    Not sure which egit at PaddyPower let me place a bet on the winning margin of being <59 seconds.. but they did. Not amazing odds, but paid off none the less!

7ue19f1m
    Are you sure you haven't bet on the final GC margin? That's what outright usually means.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • newton98
    newton98 Posts: 35
    I guess we can thank Tinkov for that price inflation. What happens if nobody wants to pay the money, he ends up at Sky with their deep pockets?
  • jscl
    jscl Posts: 1,015
    RichN95 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:

7ue19f1m
    Are you sure you haven't bet on the final GC margin? That's what outright usually means.
    I thought that at first.. but it clearly stated todays stage on their website.
    Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/scalesjason - All posts are strictly my personal view.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Pinot and Nibali lost 11 seconds. Not massive but an indication of form.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Bennett comes in just ahead of the broom wagon
  • TheBigBean
    Pulling the yellow jersey on top of the world's. Not bad.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    JSCL wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    JSCL wrote:
    7ue19f1m
    I thought that at first.. but it clearly stated todays stage on their website.
    Should've put the house on it!
  • TheBigBean
    It's a bit of a blow to the race that Porte and Contador lost time today. Would have helped spice things up if it had been Quintana and Froome.
  • TheBigBean
    Cavendish said that it was unusal riding a turbo after the race. Apparently he went quite deep and still lost around 2 mins. Bless him. Probably wishes he had just rolled in.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    TheBigBean wrote:
    It's a bit of a blow to the race that Porte and Contador lost time today. Would have helped spice things up if it had been Quintana and Froome.

Nah. Contador adds more to the race when he's on the back foot.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    TheBigBean wrote:

Board man seems to think he won't make Paris
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    inseine wrote:
    TheBigBean wrote:

Board man seems to think he won't make Paris

I'll be surprised if he does. The only way I can see it is if he's in with a shout of green. I suspect a deal has been done with British Cycling and he'll drop out when they hit the mountains.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Dorset Boy wrote:
    Kirby calls minute & 6 when you can see the peloton 100 m back!

Got a bit of sympathy with him this time, the time gaps reported were to Cav and me confused for a bit.

I'd have had sympathy if we hadn't been looking at a shot of the peloton right behind Stuyven at the time. We'd also seen Cav getting dropped and when to time gap had started to open back up I'd assumed they weren't giving times to the front of the peloton. That said, concentrating on all that whilst commentating (and remembering to mention Alaphillipe every couple of minutes) might be difficult.