TdF Stage 1 *May contain spoilers*

Comments

• No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Thomas wheel change, was he down as well?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Missed all that with the itv4 break
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,391
    Contador's right arm has fallen off. Miracle recovery about to happen.
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    Pross wrote:
    My Sky box has just gone down, hopefully that's not an omen!
    Eurosport has gone for me on Virgin.. Switched to itv4 and they missed Contador falling during ad break.. Looks ok and just getting back on the peloton
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Hustle and bustle... there's not much room on those French roads...
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • pottssteve
    pottssteve Posts: 4,069
    Berti back in
    Head Hands Heart Lungs Legs
  • pottssteve
    Head-cross winds now, according to D. Millar
  • pottssteve
    Howard wins intermediate sprint
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    Argh my internet went and now the ipad won't reconnect...
  • pottssteve
    Berti getting medical attention to his right shoulder, and has also changed his busted right shoe.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,160
    Think he's bribed the doctor to take their time.
  • pottssteve
    Pross wrote:
    Think he's bribed the doctor to take their time.

There's a lot at steak.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    CmXQpM-W8AAJhMt.jpg

the Inner Ring
    @inrng
    Loyalty: holding your teammate's insole in your mouth while he changes his shoe
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pottssteve
    I mean, "stake" :wink:
  • Pross
    Shame this stage isn't running the other way so they are closer to the coast at the end.
  • pottssteve
    ITV4 showing adverts for holidays to Turkey :roll:
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    well i didnt enjoy tunring on to stage one to see Contador getting patched up :(

did luke rowe take him out? (team orders)
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    The doctor in the medical car has the most outrageous ginger hair....... not surprised Berti looked anguished.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Bertie will be sore tonight
  • well i didnt enjoy tunring on to stage one to see Contador getting patched up :(

No contadors poor bike handling took down Rowe
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Some suggestion on Twitter that shop steward Cancellara called on the peloton to wait
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pottssteve
    Chateaux coming thick and fast..
  • pottssteve
    Bo Duke wrote:
    The doctor in the medical car has the most outrageous ginger hair....... not surprised Berti looked anguished.

I dated a red head once.......

....no hair, just a red head.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Usually watch Eurosport, and somehow ended up on ITV4. Ned and Dave are actually alright, aren't they?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • pottssteve
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Usually watch Eurosport, and somehow ended up on ITV4. Ned and Dave are actually alright, aren't they?

They are pretty good, I think. I know lots of people don't like Carlton Kirby but I think he's OK. I don't like all the advert breaks on ITV, though. However, my local cable company cancelled their contract with Eurosport at the end of May, so this is my first time with ITV. Millar obviously knows what he's talking about, and gives little nuggets of info from the rider's POV.
    I'm really going to be sick of those Skoda adverts in 3 weeks, though... :roll:
  • Pross
    Some suggestion on Twitter that shop steward Cancellara called on the peloton to wait

Seemed to be the case although arguably the right thing to do with one of the favourites down.
  • Pross
    well i didnt enjoy tunring on to stage one to see Contador getting patched up :(

To be fair Luke made sure he rode over Bertie though!
  • Pross wrote:

To be fair Luke made sure he rode over Bertie though!
    You have to take them sort of chances when you get them
  • Pross
    pottssteve wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

They are pretty good, I think. I know lots of people don't like Carlton Kirby but I think he's OK. I don't like all the advert breaks on ITV, though. However, my local cable company cancelled their contract with Eurosport at the end of May, so this is my first time with ITV. Millar obviously knows what he's talking about, and gives little nuggets of info from the rider's POV.

I'm already sick of the Alpecin advert. Carlton has been tolerable so far today. Sean has been on good form, he's come a long way from when he almost had to be forced to speak - happy to chat away and chuck out a few jokes which I actually think Carlton has helped with if only because it is the only way Kelly can get him to shut up.
  • pottssteve
    Pross wrote:
    pottssteve wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I'm already sick of the Alpecin advert. Carlton has been tolerable so far today. Sean has been on good form, he's come a long way from when he almost had to be forced to speak - happy to chat away and chuck out a few jokes which I actually think Carlton has helped with if only because it is the only way Kelly can get him to shut up.

Is that the one about German engineering for your hair? Absolute boll0cx. I am missing Kelly, I find his voice rather soothing...
    I'll be interested to see the finish, though, to compare the Ned's climax with Carlton's...