Nearly 1 million signatures now for a second referendum

13»

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    oxoman wrote:
    Time to start England's biggest construction project since the 2nd world war. Build a wall in line with Gretna green from coast to coast to keep the jocks in.
    You are Donald Trump and I claim my £5.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    PBlakeney wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Time to start England's biggest construction project since the 2nd world war. Build a wall in line with Gretna green from coast to coast to keep the jocks in.

He pays in dollars so you are only getting £4 now.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Rolf F wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

He pays in dollars so you are only getting £4 now.
    Sorry, $5.
    That'll still be £4 more than I have right now.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 27,756
    SecretSam wrote:
    morstar wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    won't and shouldn't happen.
    This^

I am totally peed off at the result but it has happened, we have to deal with it. Any negative impacts of Brexit should be reflected in pensions and benefits. The recipients are the people who wanted out!
    Traditionally I have a strong social conscience but I find it has left me this week.

Agreed.

This is offensive to those who voted to Leave and to their democratically taken decision. The fact that they may have voted for the wrong reasons or even been misled is neither here nor there; it was the duty of the electoral watchdogs and the Remain campaign to prevent that happening or to put the alternative case. They did not.

It would also be an insult to all those who fought (and in some cases, died) to get universal suffrage in the first place. The vote is binding. Let's move on.

PS: in case anyone thinks I'm just saying this 'cos I voted Leave, I was a staunch Remain voter from day 1, and the result made me weep. The people have spoken.

If it was the same close result the other way around, the Leave camp wouldn't give up on their belief in what is best for the country so easily as that.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    If it was the same close result the other way around, the Leave camp wouldn't give up on their belief in what is best for the country so easily as that.
    Farage said before the referendum that it should lead to a second referendum as 52:48 was too close, plus the petition was started by someone on the leave side that is now whining the remainers have hijacked his petition. What a phucktard.
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Bo Duke wrote:

This is the same baseless and worthless blurt that is misrepresented the campaign and it remains on the lips of apologists afterwards! Some little man sitting in the basement of the Russian disinformation department must be truly, truly envious.

Deathly quiet......on friday? The day the result was announced.. you're right... it's the end of the world. :mrgreen:

He told me Putin was pretty pleased with the result.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Cameron has ruled it out - to no one's surprise.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,398
    RideOnTime wrote:

It's amazing he can't see the irony of telling people to accept a result which he quite clearly wouldn't have accepted had it been reversed.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

It's amazing he can't see the irony of telling people to accept a result which he quite clearly wouldn't have accepted had it been reversed.
    What a monumental tool.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,867
    Veronese68 wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    RideOnTime wrote:

What a monumental tool.

Worth bookmarking so you get to understand the mentality we have to deal with