ok, we're screwed friday

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,125
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I doubt interest rates will go up. A bank conf call this morning thought they would stay the same of even go down a bit.

yes i know, but i'm looking for an upside here!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I doubt interest rates will go up. A bank conf call this morning thought they would stay the same of even go down a bit.

Look harder.

Then let me know please.

I think we need to start a campaign, Anyone but Boris
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Pinno wrote:
    Nothing to stop the UK and the Euro zone having strong partnerships. Well, that's my blind optimistic note.

Got to look for the light to escape.

See how the markets play out after the knee jerk reactions. Two city friends of mine were told to work from home as the SMT's work out what to do without being crazy reactionary. Jobs are safe, though another mate who manufactures parts for anything and everything (Airbus to watch faces for private customers) got informed he was going to lose 2 major contracts to Germany/France, suspect he will be having a beer later.

Can but ride it out now and hope people do this effectively and well, should they go with this vote (advisory remember). I hope Cameron would burn political credits and stay in and say fuck it I'll let the next government make a choice, but he has (smartly?) distanced himself immediately.

Onwards and upwards

On a lighter note finally changed my driving licence address, sorted car insurance with a decent deal and rebate and just made some GCN energy bars
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Slowmart wrote:
    Trouble is I'm not keen on the alternatives either. Osborne? Gove? Hunt? I know we vote for the party and not the PM, but as a result of voting out of what is seen as an undemocratic EU we are going to get a PM we didn't ask for.
    Glad I ordered Euros and picked them up yesterday. I hedged my bets and got £1k last night and will get the rest before we go.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Afternoon all. We are all doomed. What a mess we're in. And for what. DCs gamble was completely unnecessary.
    Work done, didn't get much done. Now idling at home, nearly beer time.

In the continuing spirit of looking for the positives, I predict we'll see a lot more of the lovely Nicola Sturgeon in future.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • sungod
    Slowmart wrote:
    Look harder.

Then let me know please.

i did briefly fantasise that we have an early election and one party has the guts to run on a 'remain' manifesto, the 'remain' voters go for it, they win etc.

democracy in action :)
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sungod wrote:
    meh, i'm off for an eu cafe break: eu espresso, toasted eu croissant with eu cheese and and eu serrano ham, and read my international new york times (based in the eu) in the sun, which the eu also has more of

I went out for Portuguese lager and Indian food for lunch :D

I can't believe you let the idiots decide which idiots they want in charge and as Joseph-Marie, comte de Maistre said slightly more eloquently "Every nation gets the government it deserves" you are now on your own so you now will at least know precisely who to blaim!
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Slowmart wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Look harder.

Then let me know please.

Get a job in tax, you won't be short of work for years....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    team47b wrote:
    you are now on your own so you now will at least know precisely who to blaim!
    What for, bad spelling? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Flâneur wrote:

Can but ride it out now and hope people do this effectively and well, should they go with this vote (advisory remember). I hope Cameron would burn political credits and stay in and say fark it I'll let the next government make a choice, but he has (smartly?) distanced himself immediately.

Well...ish

by going before activating this Article 50 thingum he has given the UK a few months extra grace to allow things to settle. The EU may begin to thinik Junker is wrong aboout no more renegotiations, the new PM may decide that the decision to activate Articel 50 MUST require a vote in Parliament and The Lords etc..
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • team47b
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    team47b wrote:
    you are now on your own so you now will at least know precisely who to blaim!
    What for, bad spelling? :)

Bloody autocorrect, funnily enough the first time it changed it Blair, I didn't realise the extent of political knowledge these iPads have! :D
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    team47b wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    meh, i'm off for an eu cafe break: eu espresso, toasted eu croissant with eu cheese and and eu serrano ham, and read my international new york times (based in the eu) in the sun, which the eu also has more of

I went out for Portuguese lager and Indian food for lunch :D

I can't believe you let the idiots decide which idiots they want in charge and as Joseph-Marie, comte de Maistre said slightly more eloquently "Every nation gets the government it deserves" you are now on your own so you now will at least know precisely who to blaim!

I couldn't agree more. It's our own bloody fault, I wouldn't trust the vast majority of the Great British public to tie their shoelaces, let alone decide the fate of the country. I know I'm not qualified to have made that decision, but I certainly think I might make a better and less reactionary decision than some unemployed idiot from the midlands trying to 'take their country back'. It's similar to people moaning about the media, who do you really think is to blame for buying this rubbish? I say we should have them all put down, it's for their own good... :wink:
  • team47b
    ...yeah put them out of our misery :D

Chequed my own speling this Tim Stevo 999
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Went for a ride and a coffee - bright sunshine for a couple of hours and then black clouds and cold water falling out of nowhere.

Pretty allegorical.

Now Farage's lot have decided we are going to send back all the guys and gals who do things like make people better in hospital and decent plumbing in return for all the Brits who don't can I have a go in T47b's lovely little car?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Glad I ordered Euros and picked them up yesterday. I hedged my bets and got £1k last night and will get the rest before we go.
    I was waiting on the pound boost from a Remain win before I got my holiday cash. :roll:
    Woke at 05:00. Saw the news and bought quite a few at €1.30 to the Pound. Phew! I think. :?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • team47b
    florerider wrote:
    Went for a ride and a coffee - bright sunshine for a couple of hours and then black clouds and cold water falling out of nowhere.

Pretty allegorical.

can I have a go in T47b's lovely little car?

Course you can, pop round next time you're over :D

Although 40c sitting in a glass bubble is not great, (could leave the door open) maybe bring some of those black clouds with you :wink:
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    team47b wrote:
    florerider wrote:

Pretty allegorical.

can I have a go in T47b's lovely little car?

Course you can, pop round next time you're over :D

Although 40c sitting in a glass bubble is not great, (could leave the door open) maybe bring some of those black clouds with you :wink:

was over a little while ago - Avis gave me a 4*4, soon found out why you like the little one in Portugal!
  • Stevo_666
    Now down the chippy. Thought a traditional English supper would be quite appropriate in the circumstances...
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Now down the chippy. Thought a traditional English supper would be quite appropriate in the circumstances...
    Curry sauce?
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Oh how British :roll:

"The story of the humble chip goes back to the 17th Century to either Belgium or France, depending who you believe.
    Oddly enough, the chip may have been invented as a substitute for fish, rather than an accompaniment. When the rivers froze over and nothing could be caught, resourceful housewives began cutting potatoes into fishy shapes and frying them as an alternative.
    Around the same time, fried fish was introduced into Britain by Jewish refugees from Portugal and Spain."

There is nothing British really. We are all a mix of everything. We are mongrels and the mongrels were allowed to vote.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

"The story of the humble chip goes back to the 17th Century to either Belgium or France, depending who you believe.
    Oddly enough, the chip may have been invented as a substitute for fish, rather than an accompaniment. When the rivers froze over and nothing could be caught, resourceful housewives began cutting potatoes into fishy shapes and frying them as an alternative.
    Around the same time, fried fish was introduced into Britain by Jewish refugees from Portugal and Spain."

There is nothing British really. We are all a mix of everything. We are mongrels and the mongrels were allowed to vote.
    Yeah but I'm being European and drinking some continental lager. At least I think it is cos its advertised by Jean Claude van Damme :P
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah but I'm being European and drinking some continental lager. At least I think it is cos its advertised by Jean Claude van Damme :P

I hope you're wearing slip ons and some roughly cut denim.
  • sungod
    in solidarity with our european brethren, i had cava, champagne and an italian liqueur

hic
  • pinno
    Good one SG.

I don't think alcohol will change my mood for the better. I feel like that washed out feeling following a general anaesthetic.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Curry sauce?
    Salt, ketchup n vinegar. None of this foreign rubbish :wink:
  • priory
    priory Posts: 743
    edited August 2016
    The internet is flooded with panic from the losers.
    Raleigh Eclipse, , Dahon Jetstream XP, Raleigh Banana, Dawes super galaxy, Raleigh Clubman

http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z122 ... =slideshow
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,195
    priory wrote:
    The internet is flooded with panic from the losers.
    *I have watched my governments bend over for the germans and their toadies for 40years . A 5cent drop is a small price to pay.
    Fear of what the europeans might do to us was the only possible hope for the remain campaign. We will find you can be a friend without being a gimp.
    Yeah right. Met any Chinese have you? Indians? Malays? In fact any of those foreign chappies like wot we used to send gunboats against back in the good old days of Empire? What goes around comes around and is our turn to bend over in the gimp suit. Thanks xxxxwits.
  • pinno
    At least the world was peaceful during the Empire: Pax Britannica and all that.
  • pinno

and

20k. Mostly BS but well done me.
  • Stevo_666
    Mostly?