How can Kirby be stopped...

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited July 2016 in Pro race
Deramped.

DE-fricking-RAMPED.

Invisible ice cream.

Where does he get this stuff from?

If I may channel Frenchie (RIP), he's ruining my viewing pleasure. Also as much as Bert's black overshoes.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    He also pronounced les gets 'lez gets' today which made my blood boil (the s is silent and it's a soft g...).

He's totally useless.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,326
    Bert podiumed by deramping cleanly and panaching the climb.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784

I'll give you your teeth to play with if you carry on like this.

Still, at least we only saw Eddy Boss today. It could've been worse and we may have seen the V Bomber.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • curium
    curium Posts: 815
    :lol:

He's entertaining.
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,645
    You've channeled Frenchie wrong if you've any criticism for Contador
  • argyllflyer
    argyllflyer Posts: 893
    Make it a game:

2s987xe.jpg
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    He also pronounced les gets 'lez gets' today which made my blood boil (the s is silent and it's a soft g...).

He's totally useless.

I don't think for a second he doesn't know its Lejay - M Stephens has a thing with Gits so pronounced Gets -

Personally I think its a good pairing
  • Allez Mark
    Allez Mark Posts: 364
    Can someone tell me what a "rest bite" is?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,538
    Did anyone hear him do the nocturne? If you think he's bad on European stuff you'd hate that. He only seems to have heard of 3 or 4 UK based pros. He also seemed unable to work out that a camera has a zoom lens on it so the bike isn't necessarily as close as it appears. There were times when he was moaning how close the 'moto' was when a static camera was showing it was a good 10m in front. He seems to be getting worse.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,689
    Mute it.

Seriously.
  • rick_chasey
    There is nothing to lose by muting.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Is Dan Martin in the house?
  • takethehighroad
    takethehighroad Posts: 6,645
    He's guaranteed to mention Geoffrey Soupe's beard today, if the stage goes as expected
  • Pross
    There is nothing to lose by muting.

Background noise helps with atmosphere. Maybe one day you'll be able to filter out certain noises!
  • vinnymarsden
    vinnymarsden Posts: 560
    I find him okay if I'm honest.. not the best…but if the price for watching good race coverage is a commentator that gets a little grating then its a good deal for me.. none of the other channels give a tops about cycling, except when its the TDF and only then because they think the figures will pull in advertising revenue. He may not be the best, but the alternative does not exist, so give him a break ..
  • epc06
    epc06 Posts: 214
    I've started watching whilst listening to my favourite music on headphones..it really is so much better. TV pictures speak for themselves.

ITV4 have live feed at weekend so Ned and Millar will be a slight improvement
  • Make it a game:

2s987xe.jpg

Wot no 'engage'?
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    iainf72 wrote:

If I may channel Frenchie (RIP), he's ruining my viewing pleasure. Also as much as Bert's black overshoes.

Those Tinkoff socks though - surely anything is an improvement on those?
  • rick_chasey
    Make it a game:

2s987xe.jpg

Wot no 'engage'?

"There it is"
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Make it a game:

2s987xe.jpg

Wot no 'engage'?

"There it is"

"Well there you go"
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    I still laugh whenever I think about his bizarre "literally to kill him, get there, stick the knife in" outburst about Sagan in Flanders a few years ago... https://youtu.be/CuRvmWdSQ-s?t=82
  • rick_chasey
    That's not Carlton...
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    That's not Carlton...
    Oops, ignore me :oops: Still bizarre though :)
  • bobbydazzla
    bobbydazzla Posts: 289
    He's so utterly rubbish. Listening to his inane drivel and his repetition of "as you can see" every 30 seconds is like the sound of fingernails being dragged down a blackboard.

The Giro commentary team was a huge improvement.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Sort of hoping that Eurosport are waking up to the fact that he is a total moron - they do seem to be giving more work to Rob Hatch and Declan Quigley inc some of the major stuff - Rob had the Giro and I am sure CK didnt cover all the monuments.

Hope that the Tour goes to Rob but if not I will be watching ITV4 - Iain is right it took 10 mins of highlights including the deramping phrase and other inane chatter before I wanted to put my foot through the TV.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    mr_poll wrote:
    Sort of hoping that Eurosport are waking up to the fact that he is a total moron - they do seem to be giving more work to Rob Hatch and Declan Quigley inc some of the major stuff - Rob had the Giro and I am sure CK didnt cover all the monuments.

Hope that the Tour goes to Rob but if not I will be watching ITV4 - Iain is right it took 10 mins of highlights including the deramping phrase and other inane chatter before I wanted to put my foot through the TV.

That, I'd assumed that he was quietly being phased out... (thankfully as the complaining in the spoiler threads is the only thing more annoying than his commentary)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    mr_poll wrote:

Rob Hatch is doing 5 live for the Tour.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,153
    Is it Boulting & Millar for ITV4?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    I find him okay if I'm honest.. not the best…but if the price for watching good race coverage is a commentator that gets a little grating then its a good deal for me.. none of the other channels give a tops about cycling, except when its the TDF and only then because they think the figures will pull in advertising revenue. He may not be the best, but the alternative does not exist, so give him a break ..

Of course alternatives exist. Eurosport already have better options and there are plenty of freelance cycling pundits who have shown themselves to be better. Just because Eurosport have the most cycling coverage doesn't mean we should put up with poor commentary, we can't blame them for poor coverage as they don't do the broadcasting but the commentary is entirely under their control. If I was that bad at my job no-one would give me a break, I'd be at the job centre.
  • Pross
    mr_poll wrote:

Rob Hatch is doing 5 live for the Tour.

That's a waste. Where's Brotherton these days? Will he be on Euro football duty?