Flan's leaving do thread...

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    That sounds like an entirely reasonable list to me, the boy would agree. Space would be a problem though around here, and not much call for a ski boat on the Thames.
    Actually we do pretty well with 2 cars, a motorcycle (in bits and done talk about it near the wife), 9 bicycles, 2 unicycles, large rollcab and tool chest, various power tools and such like. All in a small 3 bed Victorian semi with a single garage.
    ...and he's a (retired) aircraft engineer.
    Haha, I hope he's not like some of our more awkward customers. They phone about a problem fitting a part to a TR3 and we try to talk them through it and we get the reply "I know what I'm doing I'm an aeronautical engineer". We then have to explain there's a difference between a jet engine and a car that was hand built by blokes with hammers.

Oh, has Fluffer left yet?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    If this is a pissing contest I'll list the items in my workshop. I'll set the spreadsheet to auto save every 15 minutes...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Who? Wasn't that something Pinno was tidying up?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Veronese68 wrote:
    8 mountain bikes is entirely reasonable. I've cut back from double figures....
    Quite agree, I would love to have 8 or more. Does your pther half ride? That would make it easier I guess. My Mrs doesn't get the need for more bikes and although I have 3 bikes as a family of 4 we have a total of 9 bicycles and 2 unicycles. Unfortunately space is at a premium and I'd struggle to fit any more in anyway.

Sorry V68, missed this..
    Other half does ride, local trails and the cafe runs in particular. Doesn't quite get the need another bike thing, but is more than happy to have the options available. Has realised the benefits of an in-house shopaholic and fettler... pilots an On One Scandal 29er, with XTR groupset, carbon bars, stem, post and Prologo saddle with carbon rails, on Stans Race Gold wheelset and big balloon tyres for extra comfort. It's a lollipop pink frame.. :D

Either that or the somewhat retro Cannondale full suspension thing that's next on my restoration list 8)

There's a bedroom currently fairly full of the "other" sports gear... golf clubs, tennis racquets, unused ski gear (snow and water), swim training stuff, and my collection of photography bits and pieces...

For a two person household, we have... a 4 b/r house with pool, 3 cars, 1 motorcycle, 8 bikes, and there was at one point a share in a water-ski boat that had a 289 ci V8 inboard motor, but that's now gone. The workshop is over-full, because I'm the resident carpenter/builder as well as bike fettler, and he's a (retired) aircraft engineer. Socket and spanner sets, torque wrenches, files, welding kit, drill press, slide compound mitre saw bench, concrete saw, jackhammers, rotary hammers, concrete mixer, drills, grinders, power circular saws, sabre saws, air compressor, 3 chainsaws (one is never enough), and if it's a powered garden tool we probably have at least one.

Moving house will be a ************ nightmare... :mrgreen:

There's something entirely wrong about penal colonies nowadays.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Who? Wasn't that something Pinno was tidying up?

I'm going to have to clean out the van - it's full of old plasterboard. Then i'll get on the case. I might subcontract to some 'associates' because i'm a bit busy at the moment.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    edited June 2016
    You had one job to do..............................
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • homers_double
    Three full stops FFS.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    edited June 2016
    Three full stops FFS.

It suggests a certain frustration. Therefore, I can only presume he wants rid of Fluffy quick.

There is obviously a market for the expulsion of Flan and I am no longer going to do it voluntarily. I'm now going to ask for payment and to make sure that no one collars me, I am going to sub-contract the job.
    Get your cheque book out Blakey or the man stays.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    If this is a pissing contest I'll list the items in my workshop. I'll set the spreadsheet to auto save every 15 minutes...

You've already lost. You put workshop and not toy cupboard.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • pinno

...but he does own a pick up truck.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'd like a ute
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    Pinno wrote:

...but he does own a pick up truck.

It's true.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • homers_double
    And I started the list but felt I was sounding a little pompous so gave up.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    Pinno wrote:
    Get your cheque book out Blakey or the man stays.
    Phht.
    Your choice. The man stays.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Wheelspinner
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'd like a ute
    I have one, complete with custom bike rack in the tray. 8)
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'd like a ute

You do, do you? :roll:
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'd like a ute

Well duh!

*Everybody* has a ute in 'Straya. How else do you do circle work at the B&S?
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'd like a ute

Well duh!

The rest I worked out but 'B&S' ?! Penal Colony spake for dummies please.
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'd like a ute

Well duh!

The rest I worked out but 'B&S' ?! Penal Colony spake for dummies please.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor_and_Spinster_Ball

:mrgreen:
  • pinno
    A-ha:

"They are staged for young (18 years and over) spinsters and bachelors and traditionally the couples dress up in formal wear.[1] Large volumes of cheap alcohol such as beer, spirits, Bundaberg Rum and Jim Beam can be consumed. The activities usually start at night and run until morning, but from mid-afternoon people will start to arrive and the partying/drinking will begin. Country music is often featured at these events."
  • Flâneur
    Sounds like tailgating, just need the sport, but given it is Aus someone will bring out a ball, or maybe a pair.

I can't justify a truck, 40 mile commute on a decent road where the most I load in is a laptop and maybe a second pair of shoes. Except the odd occasion like today where a bike is the back, seats folded down, maybe I do need a second car. Maybe I should get the boxster and the Date the truck.

Before I buy either of these, can i get a timeline for my deportation? (Happy to go to NZ or SA rather than Aus)
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    Flâneur wrote:
    Before I buy either of these, can i get a timeline for my deportation? (Happy to go to NZ or SA rather than Aus)

Deportation is dependant on what the market will pay.
  • Wheelspinner
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

The "market" is a little over-stretched this week. Just do us a favour, eh?
  • pinno
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

The "market" is a little over-stretched this week. Just do us a favour, eh?

Okay okay, i'll get on to it. Seen as he will probably kick and scream a bit if I send him to Straya, do you want a live in domestic for your NZ condo?
  • Wheelspinner
    As luck would have it, my NZ odyssey finishes this Friday. Hopefully. Flipper/Flubber/Flanker can have the Shaky Isles all to himself.

Bring waterproofs.
  • veronese68
    Emigrating is beginning to look like a good idea, there are people that are showing themselves as this countries equivalent of Trump supporters.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Emigrating is beginning to look like a good idea, there are people that are showing themselves as this countries equivalent of Trump supporters.

Not Cthe1st or SC surely?
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Not Cthe1st or SC surely?
    I couldn't possibly say. I did delete a comment on another thread asking if someone wanted sauce with his chips. My son said last night with about as much feeling as a 17 year old boy can muster "If we vote leave the oldies will have really screwed things up for my generation".
  • Flâneur
    I'm clinging onto the hope that the remain crowd just cba getting involved with who shouts the loudest arguments and are therefore quiet but will turn up.

Don't get me wrong, exiting could be a good thing I've just yet to see any evidence which even half halfheartedly backs that up. Like I trust Gove/Boris/Cameron/Osbourne to negotiate shit.

though Osborne can fuck off too with his scare tactics.

Hurry up and get me outa here pinno
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Flâneur wrote:
    I'd like a ute

Hi Lux :)

Anyone any experience with those Great Wall trucks?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.