Muhammed Ali

13»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    edited June 2016
    Maybe that given the Vietnam war started in the years of segregation, how would a black individual feel about risking his life for a country where he was not even given equal rights in many states and was actively discriminated against.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    MikeBrew wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    (I see you edited your post)
    Surely that's: 'No need for written confirmation'. The 'the' participle suggests an authority dishing out written warnings for idiocy. Would that possibly be you MB, after all you seem to be a much higher being than us mere mortals?

Not really, it's just that I - and probably very many other ordinary decent people - can see something that you few self absorbed twits very clearly can't, namely how egregious you're inane witterings are in this context . The thread was started to show respect. Of course you have a little axe to grind don't you our kid. :wink:

Ali showed little respect and spoke his mind as well as having a particular cutting wit, this thread is in that vain...... i doubt very much you ever saw him box, let alone were a personal friend, so grow up.
  • MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    edited June 2016
    @ AndyED Hey, I appreciate that you are in the unenviable position of having to keep the peace, but from my perspective, I only mirrored his own tone. Is telling someone to grow up not insulting ? And is the view that only members of one's immediate social circle deserve respect on their passing not parochial ? If Mambo80 wants to dish out personal insult I think that he has to be ready to accept it in return. As is the case with many posters on here - they don't recognise their own tone when it's reflected back at them.

personal insult is not allowed. attack the post and not the poster
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    More insults, still no respect paid.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • MikeBrew
    Well look on the bright side "gold star boy", at least it gave you another pretext on which to up your prodigious spam post count... :roll:
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,969
    PBlakeney wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    More insults, still no respect paid.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    MikeBrew wrote:
    Well look on the bright side "gold star boy", at least it gave you another pretext on which to up your prodigious spam post count... :roll:
    Considering you only joined this thread solely to criticise others and start an argument thus upping your prodigious troll post count do you not see that as being more than a touch hypocritical?
  • MikeBrew
    edited June 2016
    Your reasoning is built on a pillar of salt - namely the initial premise (sentence) of your post. By the way, you really don't need to use "only" and "solely" about the same subject, in the same sentence. I believe that this is called a Tautology...
  • AndyEd
    AndyEd Posts: 171
    Everyone calm down please. Posts containing personal insult will be deleted, so find a better use for your time than bickering on the Internet. Further infractions will merit action.

Andy
    BikeRadar Community
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    MikeBrew wrote:
    By the way, you really don't need to use "only" and "solely" about the same subject, in the same sentence. I believe that this is called a Tautology...
    Fair point, I should have read it back but my sandwich was more interesting.
  • MikeBrew
    Veronese68 wrote:
    MikeBrew wrote:
    By the way, you really don't need to use "only" and "solely" about the same subject, in the same sentence. I believe that this is called a Tautology...
    Fair point, I should have read it back but my sandwich was more interesting.

Now that I can identify with ! :wink: