Five forty five Friday!

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,086
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno:..Dirk

...I'm about to get a hammer out on him when I have a bit of time...

You have seen the light.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,658
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Which one is it MF? Quite like the AMG series, if I ever did get a Merc it would have to be an AMG.
    Moved into a temporary apartment while working interstate a while back. Car park had 2 spaces per unit under the building. One place had a black Lambo Murcielago and a black AMG CLS 65 or something. A few days later, it occurred to me the black AMG was a different model one, a, E63 maybe.

Then every few days, it would be a different model Merc. The Lambo almost never even moved.

Building supervisor told me the guy owned 14 AMG Mercs, all black, various models. Used as his "daily" drivers. Lambo for fun/show. Property developer or similar.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,598
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Which one is it MF? Quite like the AMG series, if I ever did get a Merc it would have to be an AMG.

Black one. 3 door. To tell the truth (and in complete honesty), I'm actually not too sure - we saw it and it is very pretty so we got it it. It's the turbo diesel one.

Let me get the log book out and I'll post up what it is.
    Quite like this one. Just a bit on the pricey side.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3325373/Chris-Evans-reviews-Mercedes-AMG-C-63-S-Estate-Yes-looks-understated-handle-Mercedes-awesome-500hp-family-estate-extreme-care-come-stealth-warning.html

Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Estate%2B(2).jpg

Estate obviously as I have to fit a downhill bike in the back.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Moved into a temporary apartment while working interstate a while back. Car park had 2 spaces per unit under the building. One place had a black Lambo Murcielago and a black AMG CLS 65 or something. A few days later, it occurred to me the black AMG was a different model one, a, E63 maybe.

Then every few days, it would be a different model Merc. The Lambo almost never even moved.

Building supervisor told me the guy owned 14 AMG Mercs, all black, various models. Used as his "daily" drivers. Lambo for fun/show. Property developer or similar.
    One will do. I've been through a decent petrol head phase, it never really leaves you.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

One will do. I've been through a decent petrol head phase, it never really leaves you.

That wagon is nice. I'd buy an RS6 Avant as first pick over a Merc though. Have a mate here who's had 3 new (company) Mercs over the last 10 years and had serious trouble with all of them. He bought an Audi this time round..

I prefer motorbike for the fast fun.. keep cars "sensible"...530 Touring at mo.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Black one. 3 door. To tell the truth (and in complete honesty), I'm actually not too sure - we saw it and it is very pretty so we got it it. It's the turbo diesel one.

Let me get the log book out and I'll post up what it is.
    Quite like this one. Just a bit on the pricey side.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/event/article-3325373/Chris-Evans-reviews-Mercedes-AMG-C-63-S-Estate-Yes-looks-understated-handle-Mercedes-awesome-500hp-family-estate-extreme-care-come-stealth-warning.html

Mercedes-Benz-C63-AMG-Estate%2B(2).jpg

Estate obviously as I have to fit a downhill bike in the back.

Ooh - that's sweet. Buy it in black.

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

That wagon is nice. I'd buy an RS6 Avant as first pick over a Merc though. Have a mate here who's had 3 new (company) Mercs over the last 10 years and had serious trouble with all of them. He bought an Audi this time round..

Merck for 30 years in our family and never had a problem with any of them.

If I was middle management in a high street bank or a salesman then I'd head Audi. They have no class.

Sorry.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

RS6 prices are even more mental over here than the Merc - £80k +

Crying shame they never did my old Mitsubishi Evo 6 in wagon format.
  • Stevo_666

I'm frigging around with the Merc UK car configurator as we speak 8)
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Top work that man.

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

There are a few of those 6.3 liter AMG estates cutting around around here: understated coolness and sound sooooo lovely.

Buy one of them. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

RS6 prices are even more mental over here than the Merc - £80k +

Crying shame they never did my old Mitsubishi Evo 6 in wagon format.

Yeah same here, RS6 new is about 200 grand or something in AUD. Oz is one of AMG's biggest markets world wide for some reason - they sell boat loads of the things here. ALso loads of M series Beemers around too, but a lot fewer RS models.

@ MF.. I'm not convinced buying any flash car is an indicator one way or another of "class" or lack thereof. Points to whether you have money to spare maybe, but that's a whole other thing. See professional footballers.
  • pinno
    Where on earth are you going to utilise 500bhp? That Merc is fugly BTW. I do not like the styling of the C Class post w203 models and the Mercs get tinnier and tinnier. I've had 3 and I won't buy another.

I'd really like an E46 Coupe M badge 330. Sleek, classy, understated, quick and you can pick them up for less than 3k.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Where on earth are you going to utilise 500bhp? That Merc is fugly BTW. I do not like the styling of the C Class post w203 models and the Mercs get tinnier and tinnier. I've had 3 and I won't buy another..
    Doing donuts in the local Waitrose car park probably.

The noise is beautiful
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFSMN3chOM
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Where on earth are you going to utilise 500bhp? That Merc is fugly BTW. I do not like the styling of the C Class post w203 models and the Mercs get tinnier and tinnier. I've had 3 and I won't buy another..
    Doing donuts in the local Waitrose car park probably.

The noise is beautiful
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFSMN3chOM

Sounds like a NASCAR American muscle car, 'Orrible.

How about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FmRt57tpmo

Or

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubVc4Lq4JVs
  • Stevo_666
    Or what I used to drive
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVcJfEfuKBQ

Trouble is, none of 'em fit a bike in the back...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Top work that man.

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

There are a few of those 6.3 liter AMG estates cutting around around here: understated coolness and sound sooooo lovely.

Buy one of them. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.
    £71,300 on the road for the one I specced :roll:
  • Matthewfalle
    Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. Buy it.
    It would never work, I'm from Yorkshire :) (Wanders off to look at 'Merc used approved')
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Was going to suggest the RS6 as the alternative to that merc estate. especialy the previous generation with the v10 lambo engine.

Anyway both estates would not be sniffed at.

I just find a lot of the mercs right now a bit girly and soft, especially the c and e class. Though the Date may be getting an E class at the end of term. I'd probably drive it who am I kidding.

Nb I'd prefer her to get either a 3 series estate or a boxter. bikes or sports car.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Just been toying with an AMG C63 estate along the local lanes: white pimped version. Sounded absolutely gorgeous.

Bloke driving it wasn't really the best but he didn't knock me off the road so that's all right.

Buy one buy one buy one buy one buy one buy one buy one buy one buy one buy one buy one.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    Was going to suggest the RS6 as the alternative to that merc estate. especialy the previous generation with the v10 lambo engine.

I just find a lot of the mercs right now a bit girly and soft, especially the c and e class. Though the Date may be getting an E class at the end of term. I'd probably drive it who am I kidding.

Nb I'd prefer her to get either a 3 series estate or a boxter. bikes or sports car.
    Yep, I'm pretty nonplussed by the standard C & E class looks - bit bland and conservative. The AMG exterior bits make a lot of difference without being too lary (latest M3 is a bit 'look at me'). And the cockpit in the AMGs are spot on for me.

The RS6 has a top engine no doubt.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Bike racks are there to make impractical cars viable.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bike racks are there to make impractical cars viable.

This x100.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Fair point, but they also make your expensive bike visible and nickable at motorway service station stops/ parked up in the Welsh valleys when you're in the pub. Or when I load up the car at home the night before for an early start.

Hatch or estate with privacy glass does the job for me.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just stick a lock on it attaching it to the roof rack - if they go through the whole hassle of u bolting the whole roof bar system (after you've purposefully rounded off the bolts so they can't do this) then they're welcome to it.

And don't leave it on there overnight.

Then again, if it's inside it's far better conversation than the utter bell end I've just had waste two hours of my life with.

Utter, utter phukkk tard.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Yep, I'm pretty nonplussed by the standard C & E class looks - bit bland and conservative. The AMG exterior bits make a lot of difference without being too lary (latest M3 is a bit 'look at me'). And the cockpit in the AMGs are spot on for me.

The RS6 has a top engine no doubt.

Bang on, the new car isn't enough to look back at once you have locked it

But........

0-62mph in 6.4 and less tax than a passat!
  • Stevo_666
    Go on then, which version is it?
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

@ 0-60 in just over 6 seconds, he just might have it temporarily. There are lot of trees in Shropshire.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

@ 0-60 in just over 6 seconds, he just might have it temporarily. There are lot of trees in Shropshire.
    Apparently trees have a habit of jumping out in front of you when you're driving back from the boozer. Especially in Shropshire.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Who? Me?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.