Criterium du Dauphine 2016 pre race chat

13»

Comments

• bobmcstuff wrote:
    Anyone know anything about Froome's form? Has he been racing? I've not been following.

Assume Contador will be in top form as he is going balls out for the tour this year (not literally as that would hurt).

They dont even know themselves as Contador chimed in this week, he will have to see how the Dauphine goes to see how much more training he needs to do for the tour.

Leaving it a bit late bertie!

CkGwcqaW0AAmXXZ.jpg
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Specialized pushing shiny bikes this year ^
  • coolest jersey in the WT - cranked up to 11 by Teklehaimanot
    20150611cdd1002_670.jpg
    eritreas-daniel-teklehaimanot-celebrates-his-best-climbers-polka-dot-picture-id476232090
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    The_Boy wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Anyone know anything about Froome's form? Has he been racing? I've not been following.

Assume Contador will be in top form as he is going balls out for the tour this year (not literally as that would hurt).

They dont even know themselves as Contador chimed in this week, he will have to see how the Dauphine goes to see how much more training he needs to do for the tour.

In Bertie-land that meas he's on fire, surely?
    Yeah, when Contador says he's off normally that means everyone else is going to get eviscerated...
  • robnewcastle
    robnewcastle Posts: 241
    Looking forward to this and the early form indicators
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    Contador can say what he wants but he's never turned up to a race not ready to fight for the win
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,233
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Standard Bert MO innit. He'll have tremendous sensations and go hell bent for leather whatever he says beforehand

After all the anti Sky/Froome nonsense last year, it'll be interesting to see where that faction of French spectator is now. Also, I know it doesn't work like that, but would it be the end of the world for Contador and Froome to not worry too much about GC at the Dauphine and allow Pinot/Bardet to go for it and get the French juices flowing for July? Although, I suppose nothing excites the French more than being seen as the plucky underdog: Pinot/Bardet winning the Dauphine would just confuse them.
  • yourpaceormine
    yourpaceormine Posts: 1,245
    Looking at the start times Froome is riding mid order (ish) rather than with the other heavy hitters. Wonder why? Weather related? I seem to remember Sky doing something with Wiggins some years back. Or with slower riders so as to use minutemen as carrots to target? Or maybe they anticipate the trade unions to blockade the road later in the day?

But then if he clocks the best time would you want to star rider sitting in the podium hot seat for a long(er) time?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Looking at the start times Froome is riding mid order (ish) rather than with the other heavy hitters. Wonder why? Weather related?

Marginal rains?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • kleinstroker
    Luckily there is no cut off time for todays prologue or otherwise it could be even more hellish. who will be slowest up you think?
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Luckily there is no cut off time for todays prologue or otherwise it could be even more hellish. who will be slowest up you think?

Don't think Kristoff will be far off.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,567
    RonB wrote:

Don't think Kristoff will be far off.

Could be anyone not in stage or GC contention really. No cut off time is a stupid decision as all the other riders can just pootle up the hill as slowly as they like. If they're are worried about eliminations they should just make the cut off a fairly hefty margin.
  • kleinstroker
    And thunderstorms are slated to start around lunchtime too..

https://www.wunderground.com/fr/les-gets/zmw:00000.12.06712/precipitation
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,157
    PTP WARNING: The Prologue starts at 10.40 UK time with some good riders starting quite early. While I am willing to take GC picks up to the traditional 12.00 I will not accept Prologue picks of riders who have already gone down the start ramp.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    The perils of joining an Australian team
    ...explosiveness will be important in this stage and this naturally puts Adam Yates in the mix. The Australian was ill in the spring and so he never got the chance to prove what he can do...
  • How is Bardet going to go ?
    13340062_501300456746799_5414956340460953380_o.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,567
    Wrong thread!
  • kleinstroker

Poor Sam Bennet (BOA) came in last, 5'07" down on Berties time

Nevermind Sam!!