Criterium du Dauphine 2016 pre race chat

Comments

• bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Top part of the climb still gravelled apparently, will be tarmaced by the start- leave it gravelled I say!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    the prologue route

CjXY3yAUUAEqdYW.jpg:large

I'm going to see if I can book that room with the balcony in the house in the foreground. Will be amazing seeing all the riders cycling through it. :lol:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,243
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Top part of the climb still gravelled apparently, will be tarmaced by the start- leave it gravelled I say!

That way the Sky folks would see their marginal gains totally shattered... it would be heartbreaking
    left the forum March 2023
  • andytee87
    andytee87 Posts: 406
    the prologue route

I'm going to see if I can book that room with the balcony in the house in the foreground. Will be amazing seeing all the riders cycling through it. :lol:

Prime real estate!
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    andytee87 wrote:
    the prologue route

Prime real estate!

Not quite sure the living room is tarmacked though. Might be an abrupt surface change (after the stairs) to either carpet or wooden flooring. If it's the latter then I expect Etiix to do well after all the years with QuikStep sponsorship.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    I imaging Sagan will do well where it goes along the roof ridge.
    Half man, Half bike
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    And the mocked the Vuelta for sending a prologue along a beach....
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I assume Nibali will just hang onto the ski lift
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:

He's not riding.
  • RichN95.
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

He's not riding.
    Never let facts get in the way of a joke.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    RichN95 wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

He's not riding.
    Never let facts get in the way of a joke.

Greg van Avinalaughmate.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    Well, excuse my puppy-dog excitement for a moment, please, all you hound-dog eyed cynics: but I'm really looking forward to a clash of the Big 3. It seems like an age since any of them raced and I haven't got a clue where they're at with form etc.
  • RichN95.
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Well, excuse my puppy-dog excitement for a moment, please, all you hound-dog eyed cynics: but I'm really looking forward to a clash of the Big 3. It seems like an age since any of them raced and I haven't got a clue where they're at with form etc.
    Quintana's not racing. Or are you French and consider Pinot as one of the big three? (They had him as one of the 'Big 5' last year)

(I actually think he'll become a genuine contender this year)

Or did you mean Aru?
  • OCDuPalais wrote:

Woof! I'm quite looking forward to the Dolphin too (but sans Nairo :| )
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Glad someone else is excited.

Prologue_zpsfh9bvn9v.png
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    RichN95 wrote:
    OCDuPalais wrote:
    Quintana's not racing. Or are you French and consider Pinot as one of the big three? (They had him as one of the 'Big 5' last year)

(I actually think he'll become a genuine contender this year)

Or did you mean Aru?

Silly me. That's the trouble with puppy-dog excitement - too busy frantic tail wagging and widdling on the kitchen floor and not enough remembering who's riding what. I did mean Quintana: he's doing Route Du Sud, right?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    He's not banned but will no doubt be the target of the press, and so bring unwanted media attention.

Not riding, doing Tour of Slovenia instead.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,592
    Are any of the stages copies of a forthcoming TdF stage?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Are any of the stages copies of a forthcoming TdF stage?

no
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,592
    Shame.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    Anyone know anything about Froome's form? Has he been racing? I've not been following.

Assume Contador will be in top form as he is going balls out for the tour this year (not literally as that would hurt).
  • RichN95.
    bobmcstuff wrote:
    Anyone know anything about Froome's form? Has he been racing? I've not been following.
    Usual stuff. Top ten but nothing special at Catalunya. Then Romandie - he got a puncture at a really bad time which put him out GC contention, but he won the queen stage in impressive style.

He'll be in on point for this. As will Contador.
  • kleinstroker
    Would like to see the podium girls show more respect to local dress customs this year..

CkCs0E9WUAEGFCW.jpg:large
  • that Sky team is super strong, if the Dawg doesn't feel like riding for GC then thy have a pick who will
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,736
    He's not banned but will no doubt be the target of the press, and so bring unwanted media attention.

Is he riding the Tour ? Maybe they want him to in which case he needs to race and they figure the press attention will be much less at the Dauphine and then come the Tour it's old news.

People are mature enough to know what is a case of cheating and what is an administrative mix up anyway aren't they - I've not kept up to date with what is happening with this but even if he ends up with a ban it seems pretty much accepted he was not trying to cheat so no point the team treading on egg shells when nobody else really blames him.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • A Belgian is heading up the biggest French team .................
    and two Frenchmen are heading up the two Belgium teams?

comment est-ce arrivé?
  • kleinstroker
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Assume Contador will be in top form as he is going balls out for the tour this year (not literally as that would hurt).

They dont even know themselves as Contador chimed in this week, he will have to see how the Dauphine goes to see how much more training he needs to do for the tour.

Leaving it a bit late bertie!
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    bobmcstuff wrote:

They dont even know themselves as Contador chimed in this week, he will have to see how the Dauphine goes to see how much more training he needs to do for the tour.

In Bertie-land that meas he's on fire, surely?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • bobmcstuff wrote:

Standard Bert MO innit. He'll have tremendous sensations and go hell bent for leather whatever he says beforehand
  • wardieboy
    wardieboy Posts: 230
    Joelsim wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

He's not riding.

Er No? He's hanging on the ski lift! :D