• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Morning

Off to lovely Birmingham for the day, I'm so lucky
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Wednesday

Morning Losers!

Well I went to Harrogate yesterday and collected my stuff. Seems to be in good nick, so I can't complain at all! I got absolutely soaked on the ride home though. My waterproofs failed me. I need to wear them again today, however I've just checked the boots and they are NOT dry. Oh dear.

Made a pie last night. It's damn delicious! Just found some red cabbage in the cupboard, so having some of that with it later.

Basically, bit of work to do, then eat pie.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola worms,

The ski season for the cruddee has finished, chalet and vans cleaned, accomodation cleaned and wife on way from other side of France to collect me and all my kit! Hoping that when she arrives this afternoon that i haven't over indulged on the booze at the end of season BBQ!

Then it's the long drive home tomorrow early to begin my french peasant life!

Toodles.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Now that you've finished falling downhill are you back to gardening uphill BG? Ski season never started for me so I can only make snide comments out of jealousy. Not much going on here, the sun is shining because I had to drive in today. Out for a couple of hours is the middle of the day to take the girl to an appointment then back in here and abusing customers for the afternoon. I do believe it is Wednesday so the pub will be visited later. Second cup of tea has just been delivered, biscuits at the ready.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morons abound on the way to work this morning car quite happily blocking the exit to a fire station when they tried to roll out much shouting was heard!
    Some air vacuum decided drive into the side of the car in front of me as apparently using the brakes is too much bother.

Last an most annoyingly work have a pair of revolving doors, someone decided to stop in one because they dropped their keys, you can guess what happened...
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon,
    All the pie talk made me get a pie with my chips at lunchtime. Other than that, today I've been mostly napping at my desk.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    bg13 wrote:
    Hola worms,

The ski season for the cruddee has finished, chalet and vans cleaned, accomodation cleaned and wife on way from other side of France to collect me and all my kit! Hoping that when she arrives this afternoon that i haven't over indulged on the booze at the end of season BBQ!

Then it's the long drive home tomorrow early to begin my french peasant life!

Toodles.
    Aww boo hoo. Till next season then :)

Good day had, started with full English brekky free just for turning up and talking bollox with some other tax anoraks. That'll do me. Rest of the day was tedious as I was trying to invent objective for my minions and review their efforts at creating their own, which were not top notch !
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    Thursday

Morning Losers!

I've got most the mixing I need to do done now. It's taking me far too long to do this, however it should still be worth the time.

Today I'll be at work, and my mission today is to get the TomTom to sync up with my computer. I don't think it likes my Mac at all. Also to see if I can get my old Nexus to work as an mp3 player/radio. So basically, I'm a busy person as you can tell.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Yeah Thursday

Working from home as far too much time on the motorway yesterday

Out later to see alun cochrane with the current wife
  • veronese68
    Moaning all,
    Traditional mild Thursday hangover is not very mild at all, my head really hurts. This was not helped by being woken shortly before 6 by stupid bint next door screaming at her kids. Beer was good last night, they had a guest beer on that had a name beginning with A, I drank a bit too much of it. Got a supplier coming in to give us training on his stuff, that'll be fun. I must try to keep my eyes open and not act like I already know it all. Even worse is when others are in training I will have to cover the phones. Deep joy.
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Moaning all,

when others are in training I will have to cover the phones. Deep joy.

Well I hope you clean them up afterwards.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • step83
    Morning,

Rather surreal morning, dopped the car off with some spanner wielding monkeys leaving bananas on the parts that need fixing. Drove the loan car to work an then had a ring side seat to a three car pileup which then turned into a shouting match, so I made a sharp exit left around it all.
    Come into work to find someone kindly took the network cable that goes into my switch. The things are like rocking horse poop here so I was none to pleased. Only solution was to steal someone elses an thus continue the cycle so to speak.
  • oodboo
    Afternoon,
    Not much to report. Holiday request was denied so I'm not off to one of the stanes next week, that kind of sucks. Done a bit work earlier to justify my continued existence here. That's about all.
    Laters

Strava
  • bg13
    Evening chumps,

Drove from the alps to the lovely Vienne, great to be home, met my new bacon carriers, they are growing nicely. Got so much work to do here think i'll have another beer and think about it all.

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    bg13 wrote:
    Evening chumps,

Drove from the alps to the lovely Vienne, great to be home, met my new bacon carriers, they are growing nicely. Got so much work to do here think i'll have another beer and think about it all.

Toodles

Enjoy!
  • Stevo_666
    edited April 2016
    Just seen where that is on a map bg, you're not too far from the Alps you jammy git.

Bit of a **** of a day but got some good pedalling in and cheered up the minions by dishing out pay rises and bonuses. Got to wait to find out mine!
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bit of a **** of a day but got some good pedallingmin and cheered up the miniins by dishing out pay rises and bonuses. Got to wait to find out mine!
    Can I have a pay rise? Work won't pay me more, now that I'm at the top of my spine point. Feckers
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Bit of a **** of a day but got some good pedallingmin and cheered up the miniins by dishing out pay rises and bonuses. Got to wait to find out mine!
    Can I have a pay rise? Work won't pay me more, now that I'm at the top of my spine point. Feckers
    You wanna be my minion? :shock: :D
  • bg13
    Moaning chumpy wumpers,

Lovely snooze in my own bed, felt great but woke up a bit early, i believe it is FRYDAY but am not too sure! Shouldn't shout that too loud as the piggy wigs may get nervous.

Unfortunately Stevo, the Vienne we live in is a region of the Poitou Charente department so a seven-eight hour drive to Morzine.

Have a good 'it's so close to the weekend it hurts' day,

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You wanna be my minion? :shock: :D
    It probably pays better than what I'm currently on.

Morning Losers!

Well last night was interesting. I went back into work as I'd left my laptop, to find that my retard minion had been crying. Turns out someone in the studios had had a massive go at him, saying nothing ever worked, the studios and staff were incompetent and that we're all a waste of space. Had I been there for it, I'd have smiled, rubbed my hands and told him everything I thought of him too :twisted:

So today's job is to fire off what I would have said in an email.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Yeah Friday

Slightly thick head as much beer was enjoyed whilst watching alun cochrane - he was really good

Today is a short cycle to the local office, lots of work meh, then peddle home to the pub
  • veronese68
    Moaning all,
    Grey and wet down here, conveniently I had to drive in as I have to take the girl into school later. This will be followed by eating lots of dead piggy. I can say that quite loudly as the local pigs aren't clever enough to understand. I'm ahead on hours this week so I can take the girl to school, go to the cafe and celebrate POETS day by bunking off early. This is good.
    First cup of tea has been drunk, bourbon creams were the accompaniment of choice.
  • step83
    Bourbon creams, very good choice.

Morning, rather soggy this morning so I declined the ride in an drove. Car no longer has rattling droplinks and can stop again.
    Two slightly sour issues one they couldnt get an engine mount the right size for my car so have had to order it in. An the other being the irk apprentice spanner monkey who decided my car was perfect for towing another. None to pleased with that but the owners now doing the engine mounts for just the cost of the parts.

Bar that were debating in the office what dead pig offering to have for lunch ive plumped for dead shredded pig with various trimmings. Also have a beer in the car from the other week which may get opened.
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Decent ride in today. Reasonably dry trails and no rain meant I got a bit dirty but not wet. Very little work will be carried out today.
    Laters

Strava
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Bar that were debating in the office what dead pig offering to have for lunch ive plumped for dead shredded pig with various trimmings.
    I had strips of dead pig with shredded dead pig and dead pigs blood pudding with trimmings of 'shrooms, beans, tom's, egg and toast. Got on the pallet scales in the warehouse and I'm 83.5kg this afternoon, I was 84kg this morning so I might go and eat more dead pig as my new weight loss programme.
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, escaped early leaving a couple of the minions to finish what I need , send it to me so I can forward it in an email this evening and then it's Absolut o'clock.

Day made slightly better by being dress own Friday and a proper rather than half arsed dress down code now applying.

bg - your Vienne must be a real armpit of a place as it never even showed up on google :)
  • tlw1
    Saturday

Yeah, today is the normal park run with the eldest, then drop him off at theatre club and meet up with the current wife as she will be dropping of the youngest - then out for a nice brunch

Day goes rubbish then as we strip wallpaper, later is better as we are out for dinner with another family, as it's our local, neither of us are driving - win
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Beautiful day here in da Hudd, however I know it's going to change later.

Today I'm off into town to buy some methylated spirits and maybe a cool bag and a couple of other camping related things. I think I've got everything I need after that.
    If the weather holds, I'll wash the bike, if not, I'll come inside and relaxed for the rest of the day.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    I've been left with the hound whole the other two do some school volunteering activity. Hound has decided he wants to sleep so I'll just get on with stuff.
  • step83
    Evening, had a day of making space in the garage which has been rather satisfying also seems to be a mouse issue after finding dropping an shredded paper so ive left some bait round a patch of UV liquid so I can find out where the buggers are getting in. Weird day here though, Snow an freezing cold, then rain now its turned quite warm. Spring in the UK I guess.